Cheering her up

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Can we pleeeeeeeeeeease?" Luhan made an aegyo face which he learnt from the television.

He saw the maknae of SHINee doing something like that, called Tame Meat or something, and it appeared to work really well.

And hence "Robot see Robot do". Luhan gave aegyo a shot, and WOAAAAH. What a success.

"Luhan." Mrs Yoo chuckled, shaking her head. This boy was just too cute to be true. "Can you repeat your request again, I didn't hear it the first time."

Luhan nodded eagerly. "I was asking if I could, you know, bring Jungie out for a few hours tonight." he pleaded with his hands clasped together.

He peeked over at Haejung who was wiping the tables with a rag. "See? Jungie's still unhappy." he pointed. "I want to try to cheer her up."

Mrs Yoo smiled brilliantly. She had notice her daughter being sad of course, but she had still been pondering over what would cheer her up.

And Luhan would be the best person to do so.

"Sure." Mrs Yoo beamed. She wagged her finger at him. "Make sure you bring her home by eleven and bring her back happy okay?"

Luhan jumped with joy and hugged Mrs Yoo. "Thank you!!!"

Mrs Yoo chuckled. "I'm perspiring, Luhan." she chuckled. "I should thank you instead. Thanks for caring for Haejung."

"Ayee." Luhan waved the matter away. He peeked out at Haejung who was serving the customers. "Can I ask another favor, Omonim?" he grinned.

Mrs Yoo raised her brows questioningly.

"Leave the kitchen to me for a while and help Jungie serve the customers." Luhan requested. "And spare me a few ingredients?" he beamed meekly.

Mrs Yoo chuckled. "No problem."

 

 

 

"What the hell is happening here?" Haejung shrieked as Luhan pushed her into the washroom. "Umma help me!! This guy is kidnapping me!"

Mrs Yoo chuckled, amused. "No he isn't. Just do as Luhan says, Haejung. Change your clothes and have an early off."

Haejung's eye widened and she snapped her head towards Luhan. "You ganged up with umma to kidnap me?" she shrilled.

Luhan pushed her into the washroom and shoved her clothes through the gap at the door. "Not ganging up, Jungie. It's a mutual collusion." he grinned. "Get changed and come out quickly or I'll knock the door down. You know I can!" he hollered.

He chuckled as he heard Haejung mutter a string of curses from inside. Mrs Yoo raised her brows at him. "Must I be worried for the welfare of my toilet door?"

Luhan grinned. "Not unless necessary." he replied playfully.

Haejung soon appeared from the washroom with a scowl. She looked from her mother to Luhan and growled. "Umma, why are you helping Luhan instead of your daughter?" she whined as Luhan pulled her out of the eatery.

Mrs Yoo laughed and waved. "You're my daughter, Haejung. But Luhan's already half my son!"

Haejung mentally facepalmed herself. This cuddly robot was too adorable to be true. Everyone was taken to him. Aish.

Luhan beamed and took her hand, leading her towards the bus stop. "Where are we going, Luhan?" she tugged on his arm. "I feel like going home to bed and-"

"Start crying again?" Luhan raised his brow at her. Haejung turned pink. Well she did think of that.

"Just follow me, Jungie. I promise it'll be fun." Luhan smiled. They boarded one of the buses and Haejung was surprised to find that Luhan knew where he was going.

They alighted at a bus stop around ten stops later, (with the whole lot of females on the bus spying on them the whole time), Luhan took Haejung's hand again and pulled her with him.

He brought a paper bag with him the whole time, and when Haejung asked what it was, he shushed her and said she'd know later. Haejung was really mind-boggled with his sudden secrecy.

Luhan led her down a quiet path and they soon arrived at the Han River. "Luhan?" Haejung whispered, impressed by the view.

Luhan smiled down at her. "Like it?" he asked. Haejung nodded, touched. Even though she was a Korean through and through, she only went to the Han River once in her memory.

That was a long time ago, on her third year old birthday. Her father had brought their family there to celeste her birthday and it was a perfect memory even though all that remained now were snippets of them.

Watching the view in front of her renewed some of them, and she felt some of the memories playing in her head again. The laughter, the security, the happiness.

"Jungie, come sit." Luhan beckoned her over.

While she was zoning out, Luhan had somehow managed to use his super fast speed to spread a cloth on the grass, laying out two cute looking bentos and drinks.

Haejung's eyes widened. "So that's what was in the paper bag?"

Luhan grinned. "Doesn't it look good?" he boasted. "I am, after all, system 5.0, the best in the world. I watched Omonim cook quite a few times and decided to try. Come taste it."

He fed her a piece of beautifully wrapped kimbap and Haejung munched on it. "Wow. System 5.0 indeed." she swallowed in satisfaction. "This tastes even better than the ones I made."

"If you like it that much, I can make it for you for the rest of your life." Luhan leaned over, wriggling his eyebrows. Haejung rolled her eyes and pushed his face away. "Dream on."

Luhan smiled, happy that she was smiling and retaliating from his teasing again. He snuggled closer to her and wrapped a blanket around their legs.

Haejung managed to finish the entire bento even with her lack of appetite. Luhan was seriously the perfect boyfriend, the RB company wasn't kidding.

He could cook like a pro, run faster than Usain Bolt, and maybe even swim faster than Michael Phelps. Not to mention cuter than Tom Daley.

She accidentally let out a small burp and blushed as Luhan chuckled. She sent him a look and he burped as well. "Ahehe. Mianhae." Luhan grinned sheepishly.

Haejung giggled in amusement. Sometimes, even with all this perfectness radiating from him, it was hard to remember he was a robot.

Luhan leaned against the tree and pulled Haejung to do so too. They stretched their feet out and took off their shoes, wriggling their toes in front of them.

Watching the scenery in silence, Luhan suddenly spoke. "Are you still sad, Jungie?"

Haejung turned to look at him. She suddenly realized why he had done all these things.

Because she had been sad because of Doojoon.

And this guilt hit her right in the face with this revelation.

So many people were worried about her with her change in mood. Her mother for one, the EXO-M boys. Chen had asked about her, and now Luhan had gone to such lengths to cheer her up.

What did she do to deserve such love from everyone else?

"I...I can't say I'm entirely alright." Haejung said honestly. "But I'll be okay. For you guys." she smiled at him. "I'll use this sadness to spur me on. I believer Doojoon oppa will like me some day."

Luhan nodded. "I can't think why not." he mumbled. "He must be blind not to like you, Jungie."

Haejung laughed and bumped his shoulders with hers. "Babo. You're only saying this because you're supposed to be my robot boyfriend."

Luhan grinned and laced their fingers together. "No, I'm saying that from the bottom of my hear-"

Haejung raised her brows tauntingly at him.

"From the bottom of my generator." Luhan grinned. "I swear I'm totall honest about it."

"Neh neh Robot sshi, I believe you." Haejung smiled. She got up and searched her pockets for spare coins. "And as an appreciation from your wonderful secret girlfriend, I'll treat you to dessert."

She pointed at the mobile pushcart snack store and pulled Luhan to it. There was an array of snacks available, from sweets to ice cream and even mini fireworks for couples who wanted to play with it by the beautiful view beside the river.

"Take your pick. It's my treat!" Haejung beamed.

Luhan looked around at the array of goodies and scratched his head. His eyes wondered to a jar of brown round stuff and he blinked in wonder.

"Jungie, what's that?" he pointed.

"Oh those?" Haejung squinted. "Chocolate cookies."

Luhan brightened. "Cookies?" he beamed. "Okay. I want cookies!" he announced.

Haejung paid for a bag of cookies and passed them to Luhan who hugged the  bag gratefully. He tried hugging Haejung too but she wriggled out before he could.

*Should have chosen the option Dog or Horse. Stupid snuggly cats.* Haejung harrumphed in her mind.

She glanced at Luhan who was staring at the cookies in his hands in wonder and smiled.

*But thank you, Luhan. System 5.0 is really jjang.* she smiled. *I feel much better now.*

------

"Hey why aren't you eating the cookies if you want them so much?" Haejung asked, opening her eyes sleepily on the bus ride home.

Luhan looked at her with a bright smile, his hands holding the cookies like they were made of gold.

"I can't eat it now. I have to eat them in a hotel with you."