Heart break

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

Haejung hopped to school the next day with a big smile on her face.

She wasn't usually this open with her feelings if she could help it, though her face was pretty easy to read most of the times, but she had been exceptionally happy for the past two weeks. She was Yoon Doojoon's boyfriend what did you expect?

The school was talking about their relationship and it was still a hot topic now. In contrast to the earlier shock when they saw Doojoon ask her out, the people were now laughing at her because Doojoon didn't really seem to acknowledge her as his girlfriend much.

Sure, she got to sit with the popular people in school during lunch, but they never really talked to her when she did. And even when they said anything to her, there seemed to be so much sarcasm flooding the place that she was about to be suffocated. She could never tell if these plastic dolls meant what they said or not.

But still, sitting with Doojoon during lunch was a dream come true for her and she totally didn't mind the negative externalities involved. Although she might have appreciated it if Doojoon cared to cast her a glance or something, but whatever.

Haejung made her way to school and sat on her usual bus. Crowded to the brim and filled with the poorer people in Seoul as they made their way to the city to work. Haejung couldn't help that their family was poor, but she loved her mother all the same. Mrs Yoo tried to give Haejung twice the amount of love, knowing how it must hurt without the love of a Father, and Haejung appreciated it.

She got down the bus in front of her school and made her way in, the only student walking into the gates unlike the others who sat in luxury cars here and there. She greeted the security guard with a bright smile and went in, walking past the fountain.

Just as she did so, there was this series of screams that elevated till it seemed to resonate throughout the whole building. Girls in the school that had been in the empty classrooms early, rushed to the windows and screamed their lungs out and waved. "KYAAAAA!!!"

Haejung jumped back, startled. WHAT THE HELL?

Until she heard the screeching of brakes behind her, she almost forgot about the daily routine every single morning. Haejung knocked herself on the head and quickly darted to the side of the path as girls rushed from inside. She could never get use to this....insanity.

The two black BMWs stopped just in front of Haejung and she was pushed away by the girls who were screaming madly. How they managed to keep their voices and conitnue with this every single day was a wonder to Haejung.

The doors opened and WOW. FANTASTIC BABY.

The University's SUPER popular group of handsome guys called EXO-M arrived. They were in Haejung's course in University, but haejung never did talk to any one of them before. Come to think of it, she never really talked to anyone else before, except when they were shooting rude comments at her.

The EXO-M boys were just too handsome to be true, and some of the girls even said they were like robots. Too perfect.

But what made them even more alluring was that they were real humans. Humans to be dated. *Fans self* The EXO-M boys were greeted with this horrendous sight every single day and Haejung was kind of impressed that they had the courage to come to school even after this routine. She'd run away to North Pole if it were her.

The leader of the group, Kris, stepped out first. He had strong features, a cold but y demeanour that even some of the younger female teachers had no guard against. He saunted out of the car and chucked his hands in his pockets, looking bored.

Lay came out next, handsome little fella that seemed to follow Kris in his cool style but he was the fashionista of the group and paid attention to details of his attire. Tao tumbled out of the car after Lay, rubbing his eyes. EXO-M's maknae, cute little thing with the "cute" emphasized on how serious and mature he acts in comparison to his age. His hobbies are martial arts and taking a walk at the beach or park....A little melancholic perhaps?

The first car went off and the other two members of EXO-M came down from the second car. First came Xiumin, the oldest of the five and the fairest as well. He seemed to have changed personalities with the youngest because he could do aegyo the best and his "bun" collection of cute facial expressions were renowned throughout the school.

The last to get down the car was Chen. He was a korean but he looked really like a chinese, but that didn't mean he looked half bad. In fact if you put a knife at Haejung's throat and forced her to tell you which guy she thought was the most handsome out of the five, she'd choose Chen.

That was, if Doojoon wasn't in one of the choices.

The girls screamed and squealed, rushing to them and presenting them with chocolates, love confessions, hand made bentos and teddy bears. The EXO-M members smiled politely and rejected them all, since it was a common rule for them not to accept a gift from a girl unless they were prepared to accept the girl's feelings.

The girls continued with their gifts nonetheless, hoping that one day like how miraculous it was when Doojoon asked Haejung out, the boys would accept their gifts as well. Kris led the way and pushed past the hoard of girls, his face expressionless like he always looked.

Haejung puffed her cheeks and waited for the whole crowd to pass. That was why she had to reach school earlier to avoid this errr...weird traffic. She could never understand why the EXO-M boys were so popular anyway. Couldn't the girls see that her Yoon Doojoon oppa was better than any of the EXO-M boys?

Haejung harrumped to herself, grinning at the thought.

Just when she looked up, her eyes met with the last lingering guy of the group that had been bombarded with more love confessions than the rest. Chen blinked at her for a bit, before sending her a small smile. He nodded and turned away, catching up with the rest of the EXO-M boys.

Haejung blinked, surprised that such a popular boy would even pay attention to her. Shrugging, Haejung hugged her books and made her way to class which unfortunately for her, shared with the EXO-M boys. Which meant traffic jam outside the class as well.

"Aish no time to see Doojoon oppa before class." Haejung blew a raspberry. She pouted at the EXO-M boys and wrinkled her nose. "If only those boys weren't in my class." she sulked.

 

 

 

There had to be some sort of rumor or news going on.

Because Haejung found herself in the centre of more attention than possible that day. She had no idea why as well.

Before the first lesson, she was pretty much invisible to everyone else except for a few girls who still could not get over how she became Doojoon's girlfriend. But after the first lesson, there seemed to be an exceptional increase in the number of text messages sent in class and the looks thrown in her direction.

It was mind boggling indeed.

Haejung checked herself up and down and wondered if she looked weirder than normal. Her fashion wasn't the best, she'd admit that, but honestly if you asked any of the student in Kyunghee University, her fashion was Horrendous with a capital H.

She had been wearing a brown checked shirt paired with a long skirt that reached her ankles, looking skinny and shrunken like a thirty year old stepping out of a time machine from the 1950s. She looked bad. BAD.

Bad, but not extraordinarily bad compared to her usual efforts. She looked like this every single day so she didn't think the attention was because of her clothes. The people would have gotten used to it.

Even the girls who had shown their obvious dislike for her in the morning because she was dating Doojoon, had suddenly smirked at her and laughed as they passed. Something was dreadfully wrong.

Haejung bent her head and kept her stuff slowly, waiting for the crowd to pass, and especially the girls that followed EXO-M out. Only one guy was left behind with her and that was Chen, who was talking to the teacher about something. Haejung found him looking at her and she ducked her head out of habit, hugging her books and trudging out of class.

Chen quickly finished his conversation with the teacher and called out to her. "Wait! Haejung sshi!"

Haejung blinked in surprise. Did he just...?

Chen grabbed his bag and ran to her. He seemed to want to say something but didn't know how to break it to her. He raked his fingers through his hair, struggling for words. Haejung frowned, slowly turning to go and getting impatient.

Chen grabbed her arm without thinking and Haejung's eyes widened, gasping lightly. Chen realized what he did and retrieved his hand immediately. "Mianhae." he apologized profusely. "It's just...I have something to tell you."

Haejung looked at him, confused. This guy had been in her class for the past year and they hadn't exchanged a word before. What could he want to tell her?

"There has been rumors this morning, Haejung sshi." Chen bit his lip. "About...about Yoon Doojoon and you. I think you better be careful later, especially during break. Don't go to the cafeteria even if Doojoon sunbae calls you." he warned.

Haejung frowned at him. "Why?"

Chen gulped. "Uhm...I don't think I should alarm you because I'm not sure if it's true and seeing how you're my classmate for a year I thought it would be nice to tell you..." he looked at Haejung's incredulous expression and sighed. "You're not believing me are you."

Haejung shook her head. "If there's nothing else." she nodded politely and went off to her next class.

Chen looked at her and shrugged to himself. "Don't say I didn't try." he murmured.

------

And as if Chen was some sort of fortune teller, Doojoon really did ask her to the cafeteria during break.

Haejung promptly forgot about Chen's words and rushed over, smiling happily. She could take the whole world hating her if she just had Doojoon by her side.

Doojoon was standing in the middle of the cafeteria with his bunch of friends, smirking lightly as she arrived. There seemed to be more people as usual in the cafeteria as they crowded around, watching intently.

"Doojoon oppa." Haejung bounded over.

Doojoon nodded. "Hey Haejung, I called you here because there's something I need to break to you."

Haejung blinked and nodded, not knowing what to expect. "Well you see, I never said I loved you. I don't." Doojoon smirked at her. "I haven't noticed your existence until two weeks ago either. I mean, why the hell would someone like me pay attention to you right!"

The whole cafeteria laughed. Haejung's mind wheeled. Just what was he saying?

"But you asked me to be your girlfriend." Haejung pointed out in a small voice.

"Yeah, but that was a bet." Doojoon grinned. He held out his palm and raised his brows at Dongwoon who reluctantly slapped a thick bunch of notes on Doojoon's hand. "Two weeks I make you my girlfriend, and I get five hundred thousand won. See the picture, little girl?" he snickered.

Haejung swallowed. No this can't be happening.

"So I called you here just to tell you that," Doojoon leaned closer with a smirk. "You and I are over." he whispered.

He laughed and the rest of the people around her laughed as well. He sauntered off with his friends, leaving Haejung in the middle of the cafeteria, shocked and stunned.

"And then again we never started, really." Doojoon commented, sending another wave of laughter around.

Haejung stared in disbelief, the sound of her heart breaking in her chest drowning out the laughter around her. *No...*