Cheesy boy

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"What were you two talking about?" Lay asked, suspicious, as Haejung and Chen walked back to the group together.

Luhan pouted and pulled Haejung back to her chair beside him. "You were gone for so long, Jungie."

"Umma needed help that's why." Haejung shrugged. When she saw him opening his mouth to offer his services, Haejung cut him off.

"It's okay Luhan, Chen already helped me out." Haejung smiled softly at Chen, grateful for his apology. Chen smiled back.

Tao scratched his head. *Since when did the two of them get close?*

-------

The meal dragged on for a little too long until the dinner crowd began streaming in. The EXO-M members had to leave to give up their seats to the others and Luhan and Haejung had to get back to work even though Mrs Yoo kept insisting they didn't need to.

"Bye, thanks for the food. Please tell your mother it was reeeeeeeally delicious!" Xiumin burped, satisfied. A little hard to believe this bun-like pig could actually be satisfied, but oh well, miracles happen.

"We'll come back some other time." Kris promised. "And next time, we're paying." he said firmly.

Haejung smiled softly and nodded. Her impression of these boys changed quite a bit.

From the beginning when they were just a group of popular boys who were totally out of her range, and she barely spared a thought for them, to the bastards who were gossiping about what happened to her right in the eatery she worked in.

And now they were really trying to be nice to Haejung. She wasn't too skilled in the social aspect of her life, but she could see that these boys really wanted to give their friendship a shot.

And she really appreciated it because she knew how damaging to their status it must be to befriend the school's legendary nerd.

And it felt really nice, to have friends visiting, to have friends to talk to and make you laugh. It was very nice indeed.

"Come back again!" Luhan waved cheerfully. Haejung looked up at him with a small smile. "Looks like you made friends?"

"Brothers!" Luhan announced with a great smile. He peered down at her and grinned. "And you made friends too. Although I'm still the one closest to you, right?" he nudged her cutely.

Haejung stifled a laugh and rolled her eyes. Babo.

Luhan smiled brightly as more customers filed into the eatery and bowed. "Welcome!" he chirped.

Haejung giggled lightly. With Luhan's help it really did seem like the work was halved even though the eatery's business was at its ultimate prime.

She turned to follow Luhan into the eatery when she saw a couple walking down their street. A very familiar guy indeed.

A guy she would never forget or cease to recognize. The guy she was in love with.

Haejung's eyes trailed to Haneul who was hanging by Doojoon's arm and they were so tightly wound together as they walked that they would have fit in a single-person escalator.

Her heart gave a tight cringe and she swallowed. She watched painfully as Doojoon nuzzled Haneul's cheeks and kissed her neck, looking as if he wanted to eat her alive right there in he broad daylight.

So this was how it was to be wanted by a guy? Doojoon hadn't done anything like that during their bet relationship. In fact, he didn't even try.

"Jungie?" Luhan's concerned voice rang behind her. "Why aren't you coming i-" he faltered when he got out.

His eyes narrowed in on Doojoon and Haneul and he looked back down at Haejung. "He's the guy?"

Haejung nodded, tearing her gaze away brokenly. "Yeah.. He's the one." she scrambled back to the eatery before he could ask anything more.

Luhan watched as Doojoon and Haneul disappeared into the corner and scratched his head. "If she likes him, why is he with another girl? Such a stupid guy. I'll choose my Haejungie any day." he mumbled.







"I think we're done for the day." Mrs Yoo announced, pleased. "I've sold more chicken cutlets than ever and I need to stock up the ingredients. I think we'll take an early rest today." she suggested.

Haejung blinked in surprise. That had never happened, but then again they didn't have Luhan and with his absence they didn't have as many customers as well.

"I think I'm going home to rest. Need a good sleep." Mrs Yoo stretched. She smiled at Luhan and Haejung. "Haejung ah, why don't you bring Luhan to buy some clothes? He keeps alternating between that white T-shirt and one of my oversized tees. That won't do."

Luhan brightened and clapped. "Clothes!" he beamed. "Let's go shopping, Jungie!"

Haejung squirmed in her seat. "I was thinking of catching up on work..."

"Nonsense." Mrs Yoo retorted. "You don't do things like catching up, Haejung. You study beforehand. I want you to be a kind host to our Luhan here, and take him to buy new clothes. Okay?"

Haejung sighed and nodded. She pouted and couldn't help but sigh again when Luhan bounded towards her energetically and pulled her up. "Then we'll get going Omonim!" he called as he dragged Haejung out of the door.

Mrs Yoo nodded and waved. "Have a good time!" she chuckled as she heard Haejung try to make Luhan slow down but he kept speeding them off. "He's just the person she needs to brighten up her life." she murmured.

On the other hand, Haejung and Luhan had gone to the city to look for clothes. Mrs Yoo had given Luhan some money but it wasn't a lot, and they could only go to the thrift shop to look for ones to fit him. 

Luhan strolled around the shop, asking Haejung for ideas and opinions but she really didn't trust herself to give fashion advice. I mean, look at her. He chose a few T-shirts, another hoodie and two pair of jeans. He changed into one of the outfits and came out looking like a model from a magazine.

luhan-exo-m-cute-Favim.com-445320.png

Haejung's eyes widened and she looked around the shop to double check that they were in the thrift shop. Yes they were. So why did Luhan look so good in cheap clothes???

The Ahjumma's eyes were glittering in interest as she collected the payment for the clothes, and she gave a huge discount. Luhan thanked the Ahjumma with a smile and pulled Haejung with him. "Let's walk around here." he suggested. "I need to get myself familiarised with all these."

Haejung nodded and began introducing the different roads and street names. She was about to tell him where the cinemas were and everything when she suddenly realized something. "Why don't you know anything around here?" she asked, confused. "Weren't you from Seoul?"

Luhan nodded. "Yes I was made in Seoul."

Haejung ignored his strange use of word. "If you grew up around here, shouldn't you know things here?" she asked, curious. "And you're staying at my house for the Robot Boyfriend job. How about your family? Don't you miss you or something?"

Luhan cocked his head to the side and smiled at her as if he was amused at what she said. "I don't have a family, Jungie. You're so cute." he pinched her cheek.

Haejung slapped his hands away and pinked. "Oh so you're an orphan?" Haejung mumbled. *That's sad. I never thought such a cheerful person would have such a difficult life.* she thought.

"Well if you manage to get Doojoon oppa for you and your mission is accomplished, you can go back to whatever life you were leading before me." Haejung comforted. "Isn't that great?"

Luhan looked at her, not understanding. "Why would it be great?" he scratched his head "And don't worry Jungie, if Yoon Doojoon is who you want, I'll get him for you. Robot Boyfriend rule #373: The girlfriend's wish is my command." he grinned.

Haejung rolled her eyes but couldn't help the grin that crept onto her face. Cheesy boy.