Secret Boyfriend

Robot Boyfriend: Insanity Level 1000

"Hey Luhan right?" A guy called Insoo tapped Luhan's shoulder.

Luhan turned around and blinked his large eyes. Insoo blinked back. Wow, what those girls said were true. This guy was seriously prettier than a girl.

"Yeah? Nice to meet you I'm Luhan." he greeted.

Insoo nodded. "Uhm we just wanted to ask....are you as Yoo Haejung friends?" he pointed.

His friends behind him were listening curiously as well and it seemed they were keen to know the answer.

"Jungie?" Luhan asked. "Oh she's my girl-" he quickly cleared his throat, remembering what Haejung told him. "She's my friend. Yep."

"Oh then it's true." Insoo scratched his head. "I just never thought...you know...."

"Thought that I'll be Jungie's boyfr...friend?" Luhan frowned. "Why wouldn't I want to be?" he asked.

Insoo blinked and looked back at his friends. He opened his mouth and close them, no words coming out. "I don't know." he finally whispered. He smiled at Luhan sincerely. "Thanks for your honesty, Luhan. We were just, uh curious."

Luhan nodded and went back to find Haejung, wondering what that talk was about. He noticed how the other students were rather interested and awed whenever he talked to Haejung.

And besides her new friends which she made that day, which were the EXO-M boys, no one else other than them six bothered to talk to her nicely.

Luhan couldn't figure out why it was that way. From what he saw, Haejung was a really nice girl.

Nice girl in his robot dictionary: Fillial, caring, hardworking and kind girl.

Although Haejung was a little stubborn on accepting him as her boyfriend and he couldn't get his mission done, but she was kind to let him stay. He knew when she was watching him as he served the customers, gasping lightly in worry when she thought he wobbled with the trays of food.

And he didn't see any other girl her age helping out at their parents stalls or anything of the like all weekend. From what Luhan saw, Haejung was a very nice girl indeed.

He arrived at the classroom after his toilet break (he needed to go to one so that it wasn't so obvious that he didn't have human needs) and smiled softy as he saw Haejung bent over as she wrote furiously for her essay.

The one thing about Haejung when she did something was that she was really focused and she wasn't distracted easily. She was determined in her cute little way and just like how it was with writing a simple essay, she would put her heart and soul on it.

And someone like that was very vulnerable in love. Because when she fell, she would give everything she had. Everything.

Luhan sat down quietly beside Haejung and smiled softly at her while she wrote. Her messy hair bounced with her rhythm or writing and even her table shook.

Luhan thought it looked cute. In fact, he thought everything of her looked cute.

Haejung wrote for another five minutes to finish her essay and sighed in content as she stapled it together. She flexed her hand and looked up, abruptly backing away and gasping.

Since when did Luhan inch so close to her?

"Luhan!" Haejung hissed, clutching her heart. "You've got to stop scaring me."

Luhan pouted and nodded. "Arraso. Jungie, do you help out at the eatery everyday after school?" he inquired.

"Yeah. Why?" Haejung asked, suspicious.

Luhan sent her a smile. "Nothing." he murmured. "Just that it sounds really nice."

 

 

 

Haejung blinked in surprise.

Was she dreaming? First the EXO-M boys apologized for talking bad about her and now other guys were coming over and trying to strike conversation too?

"Uhm so Haejung sshi, what do you like to do in your free time, do you have any special skill, what do you think makes you most attractive?" Seyong asked, ticking off the questions from his fingers.

Gunwoo rolled his eyes. "Are you a freaking reporter?" he retorted. "Not so many questions!"

"You forget I'm reporter Kim." Seyong muttered.

JunQ smiled at Haejung. "But we would like to know you better, Haejung sshi. We think there's something interesting about you."

Haejung backed away. "Why? I'm not interesting, I promise you."

"Well the thing is, we got curious." Chaejin admitted. "The new guy Luhan's really into you, and then you managed to score a seat with the EXO-M boys today. We think there must be something special about you."

Haejung swallowed. "But I'm not-"

"Luhan doesn't seem to think so." Gunwoo reminded. "So what do you say, Haejung sshi? We would like to see what's your charm hidden under that nerd that attracted the six most popular guys around here."

"No!" Haejung squeaked. "I'm not interesting! You got the wrong person!" she grabbed her bag and ran out as quickly as she could.

She passed Doojoon and his friends, his arm curled around his girlfriend Haneul as usual. Haejung's heart skipped a beat and she forced herself to look away.

And for the first time since their "breakup", Doojoon actually spared Haejung a look as she ran past. Like she was intriguing. Like there was something more.

Haejung's cheeks flamed and she ran off to the eatery before Luhan could find her since she didn't want to leave school with him in case other people found out about their situation.

Her heart was racing as she ran and it wasn't because of the physical exercise.

It was hope.

 

 

 

"Okay. I've decided to do this." Haejung blurted.

Luhan blinked at her in surprise, popping his recharging pills into his mouth and with one hand through his hoodie. "Eh?"

"This Robot boyfriend thing." Haejung looked at Luhan, and for the first time smiling just so slightly. "His thing is supposed to help me get my love or something right?"

Luhan brightened. "Really?" he bounced over, ignoring her look when he crossed into her part of the room. He attacked Haejung with a great big hug and beamed brightly. "You'll admit to being my girlfriend?"

"Wait holdup!" Haejung pushed him away. She frowned and rubbed her temples. "I thought the website said the Robot Boyfriend can be your pretend boyfriend, can help you get he guy you like, or can help you enrich your dating life before the real thing."

She grinned at him. "That's the whole thing. I want to make Doojoon oppa fall for me. And I need your help."

Luhan blinked. "Doo...joon?" he ran through his memory and his eyes widened in recognition as the guy who tried to persuade him not to mix with Haejung. "Yoon Doojoon?"

"Great! Even you know him!" Haejung clapped. "Well long story short, I liked him for a long time and he recently asked me to be his girlfriend but it was because of a bet. I'm hoping that someday he'll ask me  to be his girl for real, you'll help me wont you?" she beamed.

Luhan scratched his head. "Okay. That's my job too." he cocked his head to the side. "Your robot boyfriend will help you get Doojoon oppa?"

"No not Robot Boyfriend! Just friend!" Haejung insisted. "Platonic friends."

"No." Luhan shook his head stubbornly. "I can only be your boyfriend. I don't care." he harrumphed and crossed his arms.

Haejung made a face at his back and sighed. "Arraso. You can be my boyfriend." she relented.

"Realllllly?" Luhan whipped his head around and beamed at her brightly.

"Secret boyfriend." Haejung insisted. "Which means you can't tell anyone else you're staying with me, that you're my secret boyfriend. Okay?" she bargained.

"Fine. As long as I can be your boyfriend." Luhan nodded, not really understanding the social aspect of this deal. He smiled at her as the first part of his mission seemed to have succeeded. "So now I'm Jungie's boyfriend?"

"Yeah yeah. And you'll help me get Doojoon oppa." Haejung smiled. "So what tricks do you robot boyfriends up your tricks? How are you going to get Doojoon oppa to fall for me?"

Luhan stared at her blankly as he searched his memory. "I don't know." he admitted. "I only downloaded the information of the world like science and technology. I don't have that in my data base." he scratched his head.

"What?" Haejung raised her brows. "And how are you going to help me then?"

She paced around the room, feeling the absurdity of it all. 1000% satisfaction and the boyfriend didn't know what to do at all. Ugh this was mad.

"And just what will-" Haejung wheeled around when Luhan interrupted her.

"Woah what's that Jungie? I haven't seen that before!" he pointed at a hair dryer.

Haejung facepalmed herself. So much for professional.