Boy meets boy

Far Away

A/N: SORRY is all i can say for now. This has been kept for a long time but I wasn't sure want to post it or not. I seems to be lacking nowadays. I AM SORRY. Anyway, please enjoy ^^

 

Hongki glanced to the left and right of the vacant road, suspecting anything that move. After a few seconds, Hongki stepped out from his comfort zone near the bushes and released a sigh. “The coast is clear” Hongki said aloud, proud of his achievement for today. Brushing off the dry leaves from his school’s uniform, Hongki took relieved steps into the wide vacant road. Today is a great day, good weather too. Hongki is happy. Therefore, with every bouncy step, Hongki will hum a melodious song his Heenim taught him before. A girl’s group song to be exact since his Heenim become obsessed with girl’s group nowadays and will start dancing out of the blue. What to expect? Heenim is Heenim, his greatest man of all.

“Hong-chan!!”

Hongki heard his name being called. Recognizing the familiar voice, Hongki’s body start to dripped cold sweat. “! ! I thought I left him for good!”. Hongki whispered alone while his legs start the 100 meters marathon. Hongki need to arrive at his house immediately and avoid the torture from a guy named Song Seunghyun.

“Hong-chan!” the voice kept getting nearer and nearer. And now, Hongki expect that he already left the guy behind but to Hongki’s disappointment, Song Seunghyun was running next to him, smiling his wicked smile. “What are we running for, Hong-Chan?” Seunghyun asked, innocently holding his bags strap from falling while running. At that moment on, Hongki stopped running and blamed his short legs for being short. I hate you legs! Hongki thought alone. “Hong-chan?” Hongki heard the nickname again and glared at the boy next to him.

“I told you not to call me that!” Hongki yelled abusing the taller’s boy eardrum. Seeing the shorter boy’s antics, Seunghyun just laughed and put his long slender arm on Hongki’s shoulder restricting Hongki from any movement. “Put your long monkey arm elsewhere!” Hongki yelled again since his efforts to push the taller’s boy was fruitless. Seunghyun who was already use to Hongki’s rude attacks tighten the hold on Hongki’s shoulder and put Hongki close to his side more like a couple embrace.

“Nope, will not do, since I like you Hong-chan” Seunghyun smiled showing his fat cheekbones. “And, I need to go to your house anyway Hong-chan, because Papa is searching for Yunho hyung. In which, Yunho hyung will be there since he is huge fan of Heenim” Seunghyun elaborate gladly while holding Hongki close to his chest. “And, no, I will not let you go until I found my Yunho hyung at your house” Seunghyun added to which Hongki’s answer with a sigh. “Good to know you understand Hong-chan. I love you too”,Seunghyun smiled and walked away with Hongki closed to him. Both boys walked past through the villagers and the villagers can only shake their head watching the scene of two boys arguing affectionately.

The villagers knew about Hongki since he was the grandson of a well-known Obaba and the nephew of beautiful Heechul. While Seunghyun just moved from Korea to live with his foster father, Mr Jung, the father of Jung Yunho. Everyone in the village knew the story since in this small village almost everything is everyone’s business. And no one know nothing, they are just that close.

Mr Jung is the famous painter in Seoul but since his wife died few years ago, he decided to live in this small Japanese village to grief. Later he knew the beautiful side of this small village and decided to stay for good. Mr Jung’s only son, Jung Yunho was a policeman back in Seoul, due to his love for his father, he follow his grieving father to the village and take over the position of the late chief policeman. While, the high-schooler Song Seunghyun was an abandoned child of Mr Song, a best friend of Mr Jung.

Mr Song was a well-known businessman but went bankrupt due to fraud. Mr Song’s wife left Song Seunghyun to Mr Jung so he can take care of him, and she went to suicide along with his husband. It was a tragic that Song Seunghyun’s parent suicide themselves and left his 7 years old son to a stranger. Song Seunghyun lived in a trauma but Yunho took good care of Seunghyun and make him forget the past.

Hongki knew about their story of course and because of that he tried to treat both of them good. But he never thought the first smile he shown to the boy made the taller boy like him so much. He still remembered the first day Seunghyun move to village, and of course Yunho hyung. How he can forget Yunho hyung? Yunho hyung who was a masculine, broad muscular chest, taller built policeman with flaming charisma but with a downside, his affection towards cute and beautiful stuff and person. Yunho hyung is a fan of Heechul since he first laid his eyes on his beautiful Heenim. Now, Hongki knew where whining Seunghyun comes from, obviously from his mighty Yunho hyung.

After 30 minutes of hell to Hongki, both boys walk their way inside Hongki’s house. “Heenim, I’m home! And Yunho hyung, Seunghyun is here too! Come out now to end my misery!” Hongki yelled aloud, making sure his voice echoed throughout the house no matter where Heenim and Yunho are. Hearing some hustling from Heechul’s room, Seunghyun dragged Hongki to the nearby room only to witness a very ‘intimate’ moment. His Heenim was on top of Yunho while strangling him. “We heard you brat” Heenim said panting for breath. “Seunghyun, take Yunho out from here! I have enough of him for today! Aish!” Heechul added after finding his breath and get up to leave Yunho on the floor.

“Heechullie” Yunho whined tugging Heechul’s sleeve restricting him from moving away.

“SONG SEUNGHYUN, EITHER YOU TAKE YUNHO AWAY FROM ME OR I WILL STRANGLED HIM TO DEATH!!”

Used to the threatening, Yunho whined and pout. He was having a bad day and wanted to see Heechul since he said Heechul is his ball of sunshine. But Yunho knew better, Heechul is no sunshine, only devil in disguise, a pretty devil to be exact. Seunghyun who already used to his brother’s weaknesses, dragged Yunho out from the house and told him that Papa needs him for now. While Hongki was left there facing Heechul who nagged all the way from his house to his small clinic near their house.

*******************************

Today was a special day for Jonghun, he is finishing his high school and he ought to look good on his last day. Well, he has to since he is the Ullzang in his school. Everyone expect the best from him, girls especially. Jonghun is the most popular in school thanks to his good look and his charming way with ladies. No one can deny that Choi Jonghun who was the only child of the Choi is an ultimate ladies man. Jonghun knew this though since he has been perfecting his style of life to swoon all ladies out there. “Mom, where is my tie?” Jonghun screamed from his room. He have to finished his high school with perfect looks and no other is perfect than his favourite tie his mother bought for him on his birthday.

“It’s in the bottom drawer inside your room” His mother answered across the kitchen to his room. While searching, Jonghun’s elbow hit a box that was hidden inside the compartment. The box falls to his feet, revealing the content inside. Curiosity taking over Jonghun, he took the one thing that catch his sight the most; a necklace. Jonghun grabbed the necklace and all memories from the past flooded back. “Hongki”. The words slipped from his lips. Jonghun get up and hurriedly rushed to his mother at the kitchen counter. “Mom, I want to see Hongki”. Jonghun said aloud startling his father who was reading newspaper at the kitchen too.

“Hongki?” His mother asked. The name does ring a bell but not clear enough it seems.

“Yes, Hongki, little angel who we met at Japan”

“Oh yes, little Hongki!” his mother exclaimed. Now she remembered. The cute, pretty, little Hongki who was always stay at Jonghun’s side. “It’s been ages since we left I wonder what happen to Hongki now?” Jonghun’s mother asked.

“I think she grow beautifully” Jonghun answered, his heart beating fast. Truthfully, Jonghun really wanted to left now and meet Hongki as soon as possible since he left Hongki alone without saying the last goodbye. He really misses Hongki a lot. Jonghun knew when he had to leave Hongki because of his late grandmother, Hongki will be sad. Jonghun promised to Hongki that he will never leave him but what to do, everything has been done. But what Jonghun regret is that, after his grandmother passed away, little Jonghun stay at Korea and never go back to Japan as promised. It wasn’t Jonghun intention to forget about Hongki. It just that Jonghun’s family have some financial problem that makes him to struggle to live in Korea. But now at 17 years old, everything changed. His family regained their financial status and become more successful than before. Everything changed for the better and Jonghun really need to see Hongki now.

Jonghun talked to his parents and they nodded, agreed to their only son’s wishes since they also felt guilty for leaving little Hongki behind without saying proper goodbye. At least, sending Jonghun back to Hongki is the best thing they can make both of them happy.

Jonghun’s parents patted his back and wished him good luck. But Unknown to Jonghun, his parents save a secret from him, a secret that Hongki wasn’t a girl like Jonghun thought so. “I think Jonghun need to bring Siwon and Jaejoong along. He needs a father and mother figure to help him out” Jonghun’s mother whispered as Jonghun walked away to his room to call his cousins.

“I think it’s better if he bring Jaejin and Changmin along. He needs those geniuses at his side at most time” Mr Choi ended the argument while sipping his last coffee and walked to his office.

Later that evening, Jonghun went to gather his cousins. “So, it’s a journey to capture your first love’s heart?” Jaejin started first after they listened to Jonghun’s story. Jonghun nod his head and thought it was kind of a journey too anyway. “Do we really need to come along?” Jaejin and Changmin asked simultaneously.

“I don’t force you to come” Jonghun answered not really care about them coming along. After all, his mother said to bring along Jaejoong and Siwon only. It was up to them to follow or not.

“Your dad does” Changmin, the snarky cousin answered.

“Well, let’s enjoy this like a vacation will you?” Jaejoong, the eldest cousin said aloud.

“I have exam next year”

“I have food to test-taste”

PACKK!! PACKK!!

“If you said so, Jaejoong hyung” Both boys said, leaving Siwon chuckling alone at the corner.

The very next week, all 5 boys already arrived at the small village in Japan. Along with their tour guide, Jonghun, Jaejoong, Siwon, Jaejin and Changmin went aboard to a bumpy car ride to the hill above where the Onsen is. Jonghun keep his eyes fixed to everything in front of him as he tried to remember the forgotten memory. The village was almost as the same as before with slight advancement here and there. Never the less, the village still keep their traditional around it. Everyone was stunned to see the breath-taking scenery that lay in front of them. It was almost summer holiday and everyone in the village excited to decorate their village for tourists. Walking towards the Onsen, the boys can’t stop but gape at the village girls along the way in which Jaejoong smack their head to make them woke. Well not everyone was looking at the girls, Changmin was the only one who stopped mid-track to taste and bought all the food the villagers had offered. This is a complete heaven was Changmin’s words.

Settling in the Onsen, Jonghun can’t stop but reminiscing the old times he had with pretty Hongki. Even though Jonghun have been with several girls, his heart never stops wanting the only girl that captured his heart. He had even promise to be with Hongki forever but something happens along the year and he forgets about Hongki.

“Jaejoong hyung, see I told you there is a path behind this Onsen. I remember it will lead to Hongki’s house” Jonghun said directed to the path that already closed by the heavy bushes and trees.

PLOPPP!!!

The sound of the rocks and sand echoed and Jaejoong can only watch his cousin falls with the sand to the bottom of the hill. “JONGHUN!!!”

 

**********************************************

“Well, look what we stumble upon here” A boy taller few inches than Hongki came circling Hongki with his gang. “A pretty Hongki who was left alone because he doesn’t have anyone” The boy added while smirking. “Say Hongki, you really are pretty looking up-closed, almost as pretty as Heechul Oniisama, what do you think if we hang around a little bit?” the boy suggested. He knew well about Heechul since Heechul is the doctor in the village and he knew well about Hongki since he saw Hongki bloom into pretty teenager like Heechul.

“I don’t have time for losers like you Sagawa”Hongki said, his eyes staring away at the open field, not really in the mood. Hongki wants to be alone for today and Hongki never thought strolling alone today will bumped into his nemesis from childhood. He thought the boy already fled away last year because wanted to live in the city. Maybe Sagawa’s dream and hope crushing immediately upon him. Thinking of that made Hongki chuckled alone.

“What are you laughing at, pretty boy?!” Sagawa questioned his voice lacing with immediate anger. His hand reached the shorter boy’s collar. Noticing the harshness of Sagawa, Hongki defend himself by pushing Sagawa’s body. The other four boys suddenly grabbed Hongki’s hand obstructing Hongki from moving. Hongki did not give up and kicked anyone that near him. Sagawa pulls Hongki’s brown hair and put his face near to him. “You really don’t want to mess with me, Hongki” Sagawa hissed and trying to slapped Hongki but ended abruptly when Yunho came running from behind screaming the boys name. Sagawa who noticed this, immediately start running to other direction. He certainly doesn’t want to add up his juvenile records anymore.

Yunho came to Hongki’s side and helped Hongki to stand up. Yunho brushed the dirt off from Hongki’s shirt while asking Hongki’s well-being. “I have told you many times, fighting is not the only solution, Hongki-ah”Yunho started first after few long silences in the walks towards home.

“But they started it first” Hongki retorted, his heart full of pain and hatred. Why he always be blamed for this? He knows his grandmother and Heenim will always be at his side, believing him but he cannot let down their hope on him. He needs to be strong for them. The least Hongki want for today is to be lectured by anyone. Hongki knew Yunho always act up as the big brother he never had but Yunho doesn’t understand him as someone does. And Hongki hates to bring up that someone’s name, someone who left him for good. his hands at his side as on cue, Hongki start running leaving Yunho alone.

 “HONGKI!” Yunho yelled from afar wanted to after the boy but remembered he needs to get back to the police station to handle a case.

*********************

 “I supposed to be alone” Hongki muttered alone while sitting on the big rock near the river. Again, his favourite spot from little. Throwing the small rocks into the river, Hongki heard a voice sounding faintly asking for help. Silencing his movement, Hongki tried to listen to any voice in the forest.

“Help” The voice sounds again. Hongki turn his head searching the source of the voice. Hongki get up and follow the voice till he met with bushes. “Who’s there?” Hongki asked. No sounds. And then Hongki heard the voice emitted a pain sound. Hongki bravely walked to the voice and found a boy around his age laying on the muddy grass with grass and bush surrounding his injured body. Hongki noticed the blood from his jeans and torn shirts. Hongki went to the boy’s side, checking other injuries. “Are you okay?” Hongki asked. The boy shakes his head and pain was all over his face. How he get this kind of injury in the first place? Hongki thought alone.

“I fall from the hill above” The boy said weakly, answering Hongki’s thoughts.

Hongki eyes widened to the confession. “You shouldn’t walk there. There was an earthquake 4 years ago and the path behind Onsen is closed.”Hongki angrily said but wait how the hell the boy knew about the path behind the Onsen? “Wait, how do you know about the hidden path?” Hongki asked. The only one who knew about the path is Hongki alone since Hongki is the one who found the path in the first place. Hongki shakes his head as the boy seems to be in deep pain and can’t even answered him properly, totally not the best time to lecturing and asking people in pain. “I think I have something in my bag that can help to ease the injury on your knee and elbow”.

After finishing applying the small bandage around the injury, the boy seems to be calmer. “Can you walk? It’s almost night time. My friend said that it will be raining tonight. We have to move. My uncle’s own a small clinic nearby. He can help you”

***********************************************

“Help! My cousin, he falls from the hill behind the Onsen” Jaejoong shrieked, obviously he was in trauma state. Siwon who was trying to school his feature was no better, since his hands are flailing everywhere explaining to everyone about the situation. Four of them come to the nearby police station and both of the eldest cousins seems to be out of their mind. Changmin and Jaejin who was more calmer, went to the counter and explain to the police staff the whole accident. It was quite a commotion in the police station today since the village never had many accidents before except from few cases of burglary and kids fighting.

Yunho who was just outside the police station, saw the commotion and went inside but only to be surprised with a tear-stained beauty who shamelessly grabbed his collar out of nowhere, shrieking to his eardrum about his falling cousin. Yunho watched the tear-stained beauty and never had he found anyone so pretty like his Hechullie. Yunho was stunned the second time. The first time was when he went to Heechul’s clinic to seek medical advice and now this beauty in front of him. “Do you hear me?! My little cousin falls from the hill!” Jaejoong grabbed Yunho by his collar and abused Yunho eardrum. I guess all beauties have one common thing; they like to yell. Yunho thought alone.