Chapter Sixty Seven

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE BELOW!

 

You didn’t understand.

You didn’t understand how all the boys could have the careless expressions of relief on their faces. Were they really that dumb? How could they bask in the glory of victory when victory hadn’t even been won yet?

It had been too easy, and you were one of the only ones who realized that. After the months of training and planning, and training and planning, everything had gone down that easily? It just didn’t make sense.

Sure the boss was dead, and there was no way to deny that, but the fact of the matter was that something was still out there. Maybe it was the boss’s higher up, or maybe it’s a whole other different program after the lives of the Exo boys, but you knew it was out there.

How could the others not realize that? How could they be celebrating some measly win when there was still countless numbers of dangers out there in the world?

The defeat of MAMA was granted way too easily, and you weren’t one to underestimate them. The agency was made up of top notch agents, and although you were sure that nearly every single one of them despised the Boss to their guts, it was downright strange that only Dongwoon came to his recue. Where had all the others gone? Sure, you and BAP were the top players of the agency, but that didn’t mean the others were anything close to amateur.

Everything was so confusing, and what made you even angrier with how naïve all the boys were being. You all might have won the battle, but you weren’t even close to winning the war.

“Hey, what’s with that face?” Kai’s voice interrupted your thoughts, and you registered the hand he placed on your shoulder. You directed your attention from out the window over to Kai, and stared hard into his eyes.

He was taken aback by the stiff look in your eyes, and a small frown spread across his lips.

“Hanmi,” Kai stated quietly as he caressed your face with his finger tips. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing,” you replied hastily. The harshness in your voice surprised not only Kai, but yourself as well.

Kai’s eyebrows narrowed and he placed his other hand on your other shoulder. “Hanmi, tell me what’s wrong. Tell me why you’re looking like this. You should be the happiest of us all!”

“Are you stupid?” you seethed as you smacked both of his hands away. Your rash outburst caught the attention of the other boys in the room, and all eyes were now trained on you and Kai. “Are you all stupid?!”

“Why are you acting like this?” Daehyun demanded with narrowed eyes as he stepped forward.

“Don’t you see?!” you exclaimed as you pushed Kai away to glare at all of them. “Are you guys all blinded by some dumb littly victory that you can’t process what is actually happening? Don’t you see the dangers we all now face?! MAMA isn’t gone. How could it be? How could that damned little hell hole disappear after a simple couple of hours of weak fighting? Don’t you see how impractical that is? They’re probably existing some place underground, planning to come slit our throats at night or something! And do you know how much worse that makes it for all of us if it seems like MAMA has been destroyed on the outside? Do you even know how many others will be after us if we seem to powerful?!”

Your eyes widened in realization of the words you had just said. “That’s it… that’s why it was so easy…”

“What are you talking about?” Youngjae asked.

“We’re so ing dumb!” you groaned as you smacked yourself across the forehead. “MAMA isn’t gone, you idiots! They just want to look as if they’ve been defeated! MAMA is widely known among all other organizations for being powerful, and everybody else has been secretly plotting to get rid of them.” You trained your glare on Two Moons and scoffed, “Do you think you guys are the only ones who have been trying to destroy them?”

“Now that it seems as if we’ve taken them down, we’ve risen as one of the most powerful organizations. Do you know what this means?” you growled.

You knew they understood once pale faces stared back at you.

“Now everybody else will be after us too,” Sehun whimpered as he fell against the couch.

“That’s…” Yunho stated slowly. “An interesting theory.”

“Theory?” you scoffed as you ran your hand through your hair. You glared at them all, and simply stormed out of the room. You couldn’t handle being with such unsuspecting idiots any longer.

You continued to stomp angrily down several hallways, brushing roughly past the Two Moon workers that you passed. You found yourself in the familiar waiting room you had stormed to a while back when you first came to Two Moons, and set in the same chair you had back then. You pulled your legs up your chest and wrapped your arms around them before pressing your face in your knees.

What would you do?

What could you do?

You heard footsteps near you, but ignored them to instead wallow in your depressed state.

“Why are you being like this, Hanmi?” Daehyun voice demanded as he stood in front of you. He pulled you up when you refused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter