Chapter Sixty Five

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ Himchan, you goddamn piece of ,” you muttered under your breath as you sprinted through the hallways in hopes of getting as close as you could to the boss’s office. You swore under your breath when a group of agents came running down the opposite end of the hallway.

“I’m sending in the first round of back up,” Baekhyun’s voice spoke through the other end of your ear piece. “Please don’t die, Hanmi. I don’t know what I’d do if you did.”

“Don’t you know me better that that?” you smirked as you skidded to a stop. The agents had caught sight of you, and there wasn’t any point in trying to run away. You’d just have to take care of them then. “Although if I do die, I would hope that you would attempt to avenge me, Baekhyun.”

They came charging forward, and you braced yourself for the impact. Once the first one came close, you kicked your foot against the wall to propel you into the air, and snapped your foot forward roughly into his face. Using his falling body as a launch pad, you pushed yourself off the back of his head and threw your fist forward to catch the next person.

You caught sight of several agents reaching for their guns, but pulled yours out before they could even get it out of their holsters. You really didn’t like using weapons and would much rather use fists for a fair battle of skill, but you wouldn’t be afraid to play dirty if that’s what they wanted. A few bangs echoed across the air, and bodies dropped to the floor.

The other agents weighed their chances, and decided that pulling out their guns would probably not be the way to go if they still wanted their life.

“Hanmi, I’ve got you!” Daehyun’s voice shouted as he came running down the hallway. “I’ll take care of them, you go after the boss before he leaves his office!”

You gave him a nod and a two finger salute before you jumped over the shoulders of one of the men to reach the end of the hallway. Some of the agents attempted to run after you, but they were stopped by Daehyun who cut to the end of the hallway.

“Let’s have some fun, shall we?” he grinned as he cracked his knuckles with a threatening gaze.

You sprinted down a hallway, but backtracked when you caught sight of Himchan down another one. He was having a rough time fighting against ten or so MAMA workers, and you contemplated on helping him out.

“You just like being so much trouble, don’t you?” you muttered under your breath as you went running to his aid.

“You’re kind of useless, Himchannie,” you called out as you slammed your heel against one of the men who was holding Himchan’s arms down.

“And you’re kind of rude,” Himchan scoffed in return as shook his arms to get some feeling. He held out his intertwined hands, and you almost laughed at the action. It was a small routine you and Himchan had learned when you were children, and was quite successful whenever you worked together– despite the fact that you used to kind of despise each other.

You sprinted forward and aimed your foot precisely into the joint area of his hands, and he boosted you upwards. You landed feet first on the torso of one of the agents and spun a kick to hit the one behind him.

“We still haven’t lost our touch,” Himchan grinned. The two of you finished off the rest of the men within minutes, and stood panting among the pile of crumpled bodies. “Go, Hanmi. Sorry for taking up your time.”

“If the boss is gone I’m totally going to kill you,” you called out in return as you resumed your route to the boss’s office.

“Is he gone yet, Baekhyun?” you asked as you lengthened your strides. You could feel the burning strain in your legs, but you pushed them away; you couldn’t afford to spare even a second.

“You better hurry up, Hanmi, it looks like he just found out what’s happening, and he’s getting ready to leave,” Baekhyun responded.

“,” you swore under your breath. You skid to a halt and stared at the new metal gate that was barricading the front door of the boss’s office. “Baekhyun, what the is this?” you growled as you stared at the metal barrier.

“What?” Baekhyun asked in confusion.

“There’s some ing metal wall blocking the door!” you exclaimed as you examined the metal.

“What? Let me- hold on,” Baekhyun muttered as he scrambled on the other side of the mike.

You stood there waiting for him to respond to you, but the metal barricade slowly began to open on its own.

“Damn, you work pretty fast,” you grinned as you walked calmly through the split metal barriers.

“Wait, Hanmi, what are you talking about? I think the barrier is a new edition, but we don’t have it on our database, don’t touch it yet. Youngjae’s trying to find something out,” Baekhyun replied.

You froze mid-step once you processed his words and spun around in your spot. Before you could even take a step forward, the metal doors slammed together with a loud clang.

“,” you muttered under your breath as you slowly turned around. You should have been more cautious; why the hell did you walk in when you hadn’t even gotten a confirmation from Baekhyun yet? Stupid!

“I’ve been expecting you, Hanmi. Nice of you to come by,” a familiar voice called out. “Although your purpose wasn’t all that nice.”

“Hanmi! , you’re breaking – get – I can’t – run!” Baekhyun’s voice crackled through the ear piece before the line went dead.

“Ah, so I guess I’ve fallen into your trap, huh?” you sighed as you sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter