Chapter Sixty Four

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you scared, Noona?” Zelo whispered silently into your ear, making sure his hyungs couldn’t hear. His shoulder was pressed agaisnt yours, and you could feel the younger shake nervously in his seat.

You thought about his question for a few seconds and replied with, “I guess I am scared, but not for normal reasons. I’m scared because I’m afraid not all of us will be together at the end of the day. I’m scared of losing even one of you.”

Zelo nodded his head silently and stayed quiet for a few minutes before leaning over to whisper once again, “I’m scared, Noona. I’m really scared.”

You turned and gave him a warm smile before speaking in a low voice since you knew he didn't want his hyungs to hear. “It’s okay to be scared, Zelo.”

Zelo shook his head and casted his eyes down to his lap, “The Hyungs are never scared. It’s always just me who’s scared. I’m the weak one of the group.”

You chuckled at the other’s foolish words, and slipped your hand into his to gently squeeze his fingers. “You’re not weak, Zelo, not in the very least. It’s okay to be scared. Being scared doesn’t mean anything bad, it just makes you human. I'm pretty sure your Hyungs get scared too, even if they don't show it.”

“Then I don’t want to be human,” Zelo whined childishly. “I don’t want to be scared.”

You laughed at the boy’s reply and shook your head, “Nobody likes being scared, but it's something we all just have to live with.”

“What are you two talking so secretively about up there?” Daehyun asked suspiciously as he leaned forward to poke his head in between you and Zelo.

“Nothing of your concern, Dae,” you grinned as you flicked his forehead to send him back to his normal sitting position.

“Hanmi,” Himchan called out as he placed a gentle hand on your shoulder. “I wanted to say… I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for everything I’ve done. I know I’ve told you this before countless number of times, but I will continue to be sorry for the rest of my life.”

You gave him a sincere smile and patted his hand that was on your shoulder. “Thank you, Himchan.”

The car came to an abrupt stop, and the side door automatically slid open. Changmin who was sitting in the driver’s seat turned back to you all and gave you a small salute, “Hopefully we’ll all be able to come back together at the end of the day. Make sure all of your gear are in place, and try to be safe.”

“You’re telling us to be safe when we’re basically stepping food into a death hole?” you scoffed as you ran your fingers through your hair. “You kind of at giving out advice, Changmin.”

Changmin chuckled at your teasing words, “Kick their asses, then.”

“That I can do,” you grinned as you gave him back a two salute. The group of you moved forward to enact your first round of invasions, but you halted when Changmin called out your name.

“Hanmi, before you went in I wanted to say that… I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry for everything that I’ve done,” Changmin gave you a weak smile.

You laughed good naturely and waved off his apology, “Why is everybody saying sorry to me today?”

“Because you’ve been wronged too many times in the past,” Changmin smiled ruefully. “Hopefully I’ll see you again at the end of the day to give you another apology. Now hurry up, they’re already way ahead of you.”

“And who’s fault is that?” you scoffed playfully. You waved him another good bye and jogged to catch up with the other boys.

“We’ll split up now, then,” Daehyun cleared his throat as he stared at each of you in the eye. “I hope… well… see you all soon.” He disappeared.

Zelo gave you all a forcefully bright grin and a overly enthusiastic wave before vanishing from sight as well.

Himchan stared at you through the fringe of his hair and gave you one last small smile before disappearing to his assigned area.

You were about to turn to say goodbye to Kai, but was captured in a bone crushing hug. “Stay alive for me,” Kai whispered into your ear before he himself disappeared.

“I should be the one telling you to stay alive,” you scoffed as you jogged over to your assigned area of entrance. You clicked on your ear piece before sliding yourself into the narrow alleyway between the MAMA HQ and a side building.

“There’s a video camera right above me,” you whispered into the air, knowing that the others could hear it through the little microphone hooked onto your ear. “It can’t catch me from where I’m positioned, but if I move it’ll definitely alert the guards of my presence.”

“I’m taking care of it, Hanmi. It should be dead in a few seconds,” Youngjae’s voice crackled into your ear piece.

Sure enough, the green light that had been flashing next to the rim turned off, and you quickly slid down the rest of the opening. You were lucky that you were of a pretty petite size, because none of the others would have been capable of squeezing into a place that narrow. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter