Chapter Sixty One

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So what’s our plan, exactly?” Youngjae asked aloud, catching the attention of all of you who were gathered in the large room.

You were lounging on one of the couches with Baekhyun and Daehyun at your sides while braiding Jieun’s hair who was sitting in front of you. Kisook, who had not left her side since she’s joined the family, was loyally at her side, prepared to do anything she wished for.

Suho and Lay were on the couch across from you making quiet conversation, and Luhan and Sehun were besides them engaged in a conversation of their own. Chanyeol, D.O, Xiumin, Chen, Tao, Jongup, Zelo, and Himchan were loudly fooling around by challenging each other to arm wrestles in a corner of the room.

Kris was leaning against the wall talking to Yongguk ‘leader to leader’, and Youngjae and Kai had been previously engaged in a conversation before Youngjae’s question.

Two Moons, who were all gathered around a circular table looked up at the other’s question, and exchanged quick glances with one another.

“We were hoping that you all would be willing to help us with that,” Jaejoong stated slowly as a small smile pressed onto his lips.

All movement in the room halted as similar expressions of confusion appeared on all of your faces.

“What do you mean?” Kai asked with a frown. “Don’t you guys have people to formulate all of your plans and stuff?”

“We decided that this time we’d prefer to have your input and suggestions rather than just force our plans onto you. I mean, it is your lives on the line here, so you should at least have a say in what’s going to happen,” Jaejoong explained.

“But I don’t think we know how to formulate a plan that would actually work,” Suho stated hesitantly. “We might have a little experience with training, but creating a plan that our lives will depend on? That’s a whole different case.”

“You guys aren’t idiots – far from it,” Jaejoong shrugged as he stared at you all. “What makes you think that you won’t be able to come up with something that works? Hanmi is one of the most intellectual agents of MAMA.”

“Was one,” you corrected immediately. “But thanks.”

“The members of BAP have been exposed to countless numbers of mission plans and are fairly used to having to formulate their own and thinking off the tops of their heads,” Jaejoong continued. “Just because you Exo members haven’t been out in the official field, it doesn’t mean that you aren’t good for anything.”

“Suho and Luhan graduated high school at the top of their class. Lay owns his own clinic and deals with hundreds of people every week. Baekhyun is one of the intellectual prodigies at his university,” Jaejoong stated with a prideful smile. “You guys are capable of creating a plan. Your lives are now in your own hands.”

Silence engulfed the room as everybody thought over what Jaejoong had just stated.

“Well, he is right,” Youngjae spoke up slowly. “If there’s any group of people that are capable of saving their own lives, it would definitely be us.”

“BAP and I have been on the insides of MAMA,” you added on hesitantly. “We know the insides of that place like the back of our own hands.”

“We can do it,” Daehyun smiled as he held his fist victoriously up in front of him. “We can do it, I know we can.”

Glances were exchanged throughout the room, and slowly, smiles of agreement slid onto the faces of everybody.

“Well then,” Kris smirked as he cracked his knuckles in front of him. “When’s our dead line?”

“3 days. We have to plan and prepare all within 3 days. It might seem pretty simple, but there are a lot of mechanics that have to happen,” Yunho stated as he stretched his arms. He gazed at you all with a small smile on his face. “So I guess we’ll have to start working.”

 

------------ --

 

“I’ve brought lunch!” you called out as you made your rounds to the various rooms the guys were all spread out in. Your first stop was what the other guys enjoyed calling the “nerdfest” due to the wide collection of high tech computers that littered the room.

“Thanks, Hanmi,” Baekhyun glanced up to give you a brief smile before going back to concentrate on skittering his fingers against his keyboard.

The room consisted of the brightest minds out of all of the boys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter