Chapter Fifty Five

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Her name is Kan Jieun,” you stated as you stared hard into the eyes of the other males in the room. “She is seven years old, and she's staying with us from now on.”

A pregnant silence captured the room for a few minutes.

“We’re not some boarding house,” Changmin glared at you. “Who do you think you are, to bring a child into a home that isn’t even yours?”

“I said,” you growled in a dark tone, “that she’ll be staying with us, and that’s final.”

This time Changmin didn’t even dare to protest again.

“U-Um, where did you find her?” Jaejoong asked, scratching the back of his head.

“Some of the MAMA agents had captured her, and I apparently freed her from the truck I destroyed earlier today,” you shrugged. You smiled down at her with a soft expression when she clenched your hand in worry, and you gently caressed her hair with your other hand. “It’s alright, they won’t harm you.”

“Are you sure she isn’t a trap?” Junsu asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Does she look like a trap?” you retorted.

“Well you don’t look like a cold blooded assassin, but you still are one,” Yoochun pointed out.

You thought about his words for a few seconds, and nodded, “Good point, but she isn’t any harm. I'll take full responsibility for her.”

“What’s up with you and bringing home kids?” Chanyeol chuckled as he nudged Kisook. “Look Kisookie, you have a new play mate.”

Kisook slapped his Hyung away, and snuck a glance over at Jieun who was hiding behind your legs. He stepped forward and shyly outstretched his hand, “H-Hi, I’m Kisook. I’m your Oppa, Jieun.”

Jieun glanced at Kisook and then at his outstretched hand before letting out a small whimper. You immediately understood Jieun’s thoughts, and shook your head gently in Kisook’s direction. “Not yet, Kisook, she’s still scared.”

Kisook nodded understandingly, and dropped his arm. “You don’t have to worry about anything, alright Jieun? Kisookie Oppa will protect you!” Kisook grinned proudly.

Jieun stared at the boy in front of her, and the corner of her lips twitched upward for a split second. Despite the motion being very brief, it was enough for Kisook to smile and retreat in satisfaction.

“You just do like doing whatever you want, don’t you?” Changmin stated loudly as stared down at the girl.

“Well, I guess we could fight for it,” you suggested with a shrug. “To make it fair. You can’t use any powers, though. That’s cheating.”

You could tell that Changmin was about to take you up on your offer, but Yunho slammed his elbow roughly into his torso to stop him from talking.

“It’s fine, Hanmi. Just keep a close eye on her, please,” Jaejoong smiled. He announced that Two Moons had more work to do, and the 5 of them left to go to their office.

“W-well, we still have the rest of the day to do whatever we want,” Himchan stated as a way to break the silence in the room. “How about we go out and have some fun?”

You glanced down at Jieun, and when she made no action of protest, you decided to go along with Himchan's suggestion. “What do you have in mind?”

Himchan’s grin widened at your interest, and he tapped his chin thoughtfully, “Hm…how about…we all go to–”

“I’m going shopping to get Jieun clothes,” you interrupted, “so you guys can do whatever you want.”

Himchan looked crestfallen, and closed his mouth reluctantly. “Or we can just stay home, I guess.”

You felt a bit of guilt flood your heart, so you glanced at him with a hesitant expression. “Do you…want to come with us, then?”

Himchan’s eyes brightened within a split second, and his head eagerly nodded up and down.

“Then I want to go too!” Zelo whined with crossed arms. “It’s not fair if only Himchan Hyung gets to go.”

“Then I get to go as well,” Chanyeol pitched in. “It’s not fair if only BAP members get to go.”

Soon the room was filled with argument from the other members who wanted to join you on the shopping trip, and you heaved a heavy sigh at the disruptive noise. “You can all come along, alright?” you huffed impatiently.

Cheers filled the room, and the everyone went running up the stairs to prepare for their shopping trip with you.

Only the rational members of both groups: Kris, Suho, Lay, D.O, Chen, Kai, Baekhyun, Yongguk, Youngjae, and Daehyun stayed behind, all sporting similar sympathetic expressions.

“If you’d like to go alone, I can get them to stay behind,” Kris offered. He hid the reluctance of his words behind his tone, because he honestly wanted to join you on your trip as well. It had been a while since he had spent time with you and he was more than willing to share you with the other members as long as it meant that he got to see you. Although he was infatuated with you in a romantic way like the other members were, he still cared deeply for you from a brotherly point of view, and he found it rather depressing when he wasn’t capable of se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter