Chapter Fifty Two

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So seeing as how Hanmi has been training you all for the past few days, how did your sessions work out?” Yoochun asked as he pulled up his sleeves to get down to business.

“Hanmi’s great, and I’d very much prefer working with her,” Kai stated bluntly.

“Hanmi has some other things that need to be done,” Changmin shrugged as a smirk stretched across his lips. “I’m going to be visiting her soon, though, so you do you have anything you’d like me to relay?”

“Yeah, but I’d rather tell it to her myself,” Sehun huffed with crossed arms.

“Look,” Yunho sighed. “Hanmi’s working hard for you guys, so instead of complaining, you should all return the favor and train hard.”

The Exo and BAP members exchanged guilty expressions and reluctantly agreed to begin the day’s training.

 

------------------------

 

You glanced at the door as you prepared for the day’s worth of work you would have to do. Jaejoong had told you that you would be getting a partner to complete the missions assigned to you with, and all you could do was hope to god was that it wouldn’t be the cocky Changmin walking through the door.

A frown slid onto your face as you thought about the harsh working conditions the others must have been training under, and hoped that they would managed to get through the day without too many injuries.

Although you had really wanted to work alongside them, you knew that it was your duty to complete the missions Two Moons had offered you. In the meeting you had with Two Moons the other night, they had offered you the position of continuing the series of missions that were originally assigned to your two oppas.

You had immediately accepted the offer without really thinking twice about it, because all of the missions would contribute to taking down MAMA, allowing you to kill not two, but three birds with one stone. You would be able to continue on your oppas' name, get revenge at MAMA, and help weaken their forces so the Exo and BAP members would have an easier fight.

A loud bang echoed across the room, and your head shot over to face the new figure that had just walked into the garage.

“When they said they’d be sending somebody, I was hoping that it wouldn’t be you,” you scoffed after you got a glance at Changmin. “You’re not working them too hard, are you?”

Changmin shook his head and pulled a bullet proof vest over his head. “They look like a bunch of wusses.”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover,” you shrugged simply in reply.

Changmin raised an eyebrow and eyed you up and down. “That sure applies to you, doesn’t it?” Changmin smirked. “Anyways, are you sure you’re up for this? We should have taken some Exo members with us, you know.”

You shook your head stubbornly as you slid on all of your protective gear. “No, I don’t want any of their lives to be in danger.”

“So you’re willing to put your own lives at ten times more of a risk?” Changmin asked with an amused tone. He clicked a button on a remote control, and the garage door clanged loudly as it slowly slid open.

“Say what you will,” you shrugged. “So are we going to go now or what?”

Changmin threw his leg over his motorcycle and patted the extra space behind him with a sultry smile. “Climb on, Princess.”

You rolled your eyes and climbed onto the motorcycle rather roughly. “Exactly what are we going to be doing today, anyway?”

“We’re just going to bomb some of the ports that MAMA planned to get shipments from today.”

“Seems easy enough,” you nodded.

The motorcycle roared to life, and you wrapped your arms around Changmin’s waist to prevent yourself from falling off.

“I must say that I like this position a whole lot better,” Changmin stated smugly.

“Do you think you can just shut up for the rest of the ride there, or would that be impossible for you to do so?” you muttered under your breath.

Changmin’s grin only spread wider with your words, and he shook his head before chiming, “Sorry, but that’s impossible.”

You rolled your eyes at his reply and tried to ignore his voice for the duration of the trip.

The motorcycle ride was short lived, much to your satisfaction, and the two you slowly zoomed to a stop about a good half a mile from the pier.

“We can’t let them hear us,” Changmin explained when he parked the motorcycle.

You rolled your eyes at his explanation and shoved your helmet roughly into his stomach. “Don’t treat me like a newbie. I’ve been an assassin for 18 years, mind you.”

Changmin chuckled at your response and rubbed his bruised torso. “That’s right, you’re the ice princess after all.”

You ignored his response, and asked, “What time are they scheduled to arrive? I don’t want to have to stay with you any longer than needed.”

“Well unfortunately for you, baby girl, the shipment isn’t scheduled to come for another 3 hours or so,” Changmin smirked. “So it looks like it’s just going to be you and me hanging out for a few hours.”

You groaned once you heard how lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter