Chapter Forty Seven

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What?!” all 12 of the members simultaneously barked with disbelief.

“You’re saying that I chose to live an abnormal life filled with danger and freaks trying to kill me?!” Xiumin exclaimed incredulously.

“You guys might not believe it, but it’s true,” Yunho stated. He signaled to Yoochun to retrieve something, and the latter left the room to return with a box full of envelopes. “These are for you guys. It’ll help explain your decisions of volunteering 11 years ago.”

Yoochun passed out the envelopes to each respective Exo member by their names, which were chidishly scribbled on the envelope.

“These are letters you guys wrote 11 years ago,” Jaejoong explained when each member peeked at their envelope in confusion. “We warned you that we would wipe out your memories, so each of you wrote a letter to your future self to explain your decision for volunteering. I must warn you… some of you didn’t exactly have the best childhood, so the content you read might not be what you hoped for.”

“Well, these letters, I assume, will be a bit personal, so how about we split up for now and continue answering questions later?” Jaejoong suggested. “I suggest that you all find a little area by yourself before indulging in your past.”

One by one, the Exo members left the room with the small letter clenched in their hand. The emotions that were displayed on each of the member’s faces were different; anger, disbelief, anticipation, and even excitement.

“Hanmi,” Yunho called out with a soft expression. “I suggest that you make your rounds in visiting the members after ten or so minutes. I would assume that they would need some emotional support, and you're the best person to give it to them.”

You cocked your head at his words and asked, “Exactly what lives did they all have that led them to make this decision? You didn’t trick them or something, did you?”

Yunho shook his head with a light chuckle. “I believe that their pasts are something they should share with you themselves, if they choose to, anyway. And no, we didn’t trick them. They volunteered, knowing everything they were getting into.”

You slowly nodded at his words, not knowing if you could trust him now. “I have something I’d like to ask you,” you stated, glancing over at the Two Moon members. “My oppas… how do you know them?”

“Hyunseok and Minhwa?” Junsu asked.

Your heart clenched in pain at the sounds of the names, and you stiffly nodded your head. You felt the BAP members beside you turn rigid at the mention of the two boys as guilt instantly washed over them.

“They worked with us for a while,” Yunho answered as a fond smile spread across your lips. “Seeing as how MAMA was the main group that needed to be taken down, Hyunseok and Minhwa volunteered to be the spies to sneak into the company. Originally, they were only supposed to remain for around a year or so, but they decided to stay longer, because of you.”

“Who knew they would grow to love you so much?” Jaejoong chuckled sadly. “Of course, they were found out by the Boss within a few months. We were all suspicious, of course, on why the Boss didn’t just kill the two on the spot, but I guess it was because of his pride. He didn’t believe that you, his star assassin, would somehow manage to develop mutual feelings with the boys.”

You didn’t respond to his words, and thought hard about your oppas. It was the first time that you had actually allowed the thought of your oppas to develop in your head. Whenever their name or the thought of them passed through mind, you immediately pushed them out.

“You should go find and console the Exo members now, Hanmi,” Jaejoong suggested quietly, breaking the silence.

You nodded and began to leave the room until you stopped midway. You slowly turned your head and stared at the Two Moon members in front of you. “The Exo boys… why them? I know you said that they volunteered… but… why them? Why not test it out on yourself?”

“We weren’t sure if the powers were successful or not. They were prototypes, and testing them out on ourselves would be too much of a risk,” Yoochun answered.

You felt your heart rage in anger at his words. “Excuse me?! So you risked the lives of 8 year olds?!” you hissed with enraged eyes.

All of their eyes immediately fell to the ground, and guilty expressions captured their face.

“You have to understand, Hanmi,” Yunho slowly started. “We were only teenagers ourselves at the time, and the boys were more than willing to volunteer themselves. We couldn’t sacrifice ourselves or we wouldn’t be able to continue on with the concoction.”

“So that gives you a perfectly good reason to harm the lives of young innocent kids?” you growled.

Changmin scoffed at your words. “I’m not sure what you’re thinking, but none of these boys were even close to being innocent when they volunteered themselves. I’m pretty sure we did them a favor, actually.”

“Changmin!” Jaejoong barked in a scolding voice as he sent a warning glare over to the other.

“I’m telling the truth, hyung,” Changmin shrugged. “The lives of those guys were complete before we gave them the chance to turn themselves ar—”

Changmin’s words were suddenly cut off mid way through when a fist painfully met the side of his face.

“Don’t talk about them like that,” you growled as you ignored the aching pain in your fist. Your eyes were filled with a dark shade of anger, and your breaths came out heavy and unsteady as you tried to contain your anger.

Changmin’s surprised expression quickly turned into a smug one. “What, you can’t take the truth?”

You raised your arm again and brought it forward with lightening speed until a voice put a sudden halt to your motion.

“Stop, Hanmi,” Baekhyun stated firmly as he stared at you. “Don’t attack him for sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter