Chapter Forty Five

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Chanyeol, will you please just shut up?!”

An unconscious frown slid onto your face at the disturbing voice, and you your side in an attempt to get more comfortable.

There was a period of silence after your action, and after a few seconds, several breaths of relief were released. You heard a loud smack accompanied with a low hiss, “You almost woke Hanmi up, you idiot!”

“She’s been sleeping for over a day,” a voice you recognized as Sehun mumbled. “I’m bored, can we wake her up?”

“Don’t you dare, maknae!” D.O exclaimed.

“Let her sleep, Sehun, she’s been through a lot,” Baekhyun kindly added in.

“Will you guys shut the hell up?!” you growled and yanked the pillow from underneath your head to shove into your ears. All noise halted at your words, and your lips curved upwards into a peaceful smile. “That’s better.”

A sudden figure pounced on top of you, your eyes shot open at the heavy presence.

“Hanmi! You’re finally awake!” Sehun grinned happily as he straddled your waist. Groans of annoyance echoed across the room, but the bubbling maknae decided to ignore them, and continued to have a bright smile on his face.

You glared up at him, yet his grin didn’t falter for even a single second. “Sehun,” you muttered, taking a deep breath of air. “I would appreciate it if you get your goddamn heavy off of me.”

“But Hanmi we were so worried!” Sehun whined as he wrapped his arms tightly around your body. “You were unconscious for so long, and I was beginning to think that you were in a coma!”

“Alright, alright, get off her, maknae,” Kris rolled his eyes and pulled Sehun off of you. He examined your body with concerned eyes, and gave you a small smile. “It’s nice to see you awake, Hanmi.”

“HANMI’S AWAKE?!” a loud voice shouted. Pounding footsteps followed by, and Kisook popped up at the doorway followed by Luhan, Chen, and Tao.

You groaned at the loud voices, and pulled the blanket over your head. “You guys are all annoying, get out!”

There was a flurry of motion, and the click of the closing door sounded. You slowly pulled the blanket off your head, and sighed with satisfaction at the sight of the empty room.

“I’m still here, I hope you don’t mind it,” a soft voice sounded from the corner.

You turned your head, looking at Baekhyun’s relaxed face, and smiled. “You’re quiet enough,” you teased. You looked around the room, and realized for the first time that you were in an unrecognizable room.

“We’re no longer staying at our home,” Baekhyun explained when he caught your confused expression. “We’re staying with Two Moons.”

Your eyes widened in size at his words, and you stared at him confusion at the sudden turn in events.

“Two Moons were the ones who saved us two days ago,” Baekhyun explained. “I don’t know how, but they somehow managed to find out that we were captured and so they infiltrated the MAMA headquartersand busted us out of there. None of us were greatly harmed, so you don’t have to have such a worried expression." Baekhyun pressed two of his fingers to soothe out your wrinkled forehead.

"Greatly harmed? But you guys were still harmed, then?" you asked with concern eyes. You yanked Baekhyun's arm over to you and pulled up his sleeves to check for any injuries.

"You do know we have Lay, right?" Baekhyun chuckled as he observed your concerned expression.

You blinked in realization and took a breath of relief. "I forgot about Lay; he certainly has a very useful power. Why didn't you remind me about him earlier?" you chuckled as you elbowed him gently in the stomach.

Baekhyun's face twisted into a painful expression for half a second, but he immediately caught himself and forced a stoic expression.

"I caught that, Byun Baekhyun," you growled lightly. You grabbed the hem of his shirt, and before he could protest, you yanked the clothing upwards. Your eyes widened in surprise once you saw the bloodied bandages wrapped around Baekhyun's torso. "Y-Yah! Baekhyun! W-Why didn't you have Lay heal this?!"

Baekhyun unlatched your fingers from his shirt, and the cloth flew back down to cover the bloody injury. "It's fine, it's not that bad. Besides, Lay's been really tired after working on all the injuries you had."

You felt immense guilt at his words and glanced shamefully down at the ground.

"You know I didn't mean it like that, Hanmi," Baekhyun said lightly as he patted you gently on the head. "Let me continue with some other stuff you missed while you were sleeping. Hm, Two Moon's house is really big, a lot bigger than our house. The boys seem to be right at home here, seeing as how Tao has already managed to trash his room in just a few days. We haven't been given any explanation yet, since we all wanted to wait until you woke up. Oh, and there’s one more thing…”

You cocked your head curiously and you waited for Baekhyun to finish his words. Baekhyun stared at you for a few seconds, as if contemplating on whether or not he would continue with his thought. Finally, you grew impatient and opened your mouth to ask him what he was going to say, but was suddenly interrupted when his lips pressed against yours.

You froze at the sudden action, unable to process exactly what Baekhyun was doing. His hand slid to the back of your head, and he pressed his lips harder against your own. You felt your heart stop in its beats, and your mind drew a complete blank at what to do, so you just sat there motionless.

After what seemed so long although it was only a matter of seconds, Baekhyun withdrew his lips from yours, and a sheepish smile slid across his lips as he darted his eyes away.

“W-Why?” you stammered. A heated blush crept up to your cheeks when you finally processed what Baekhyun just did.

“I’ve watched Himchan kiss you. I’ve watched Changmin kiss you, and I’ve even watched that bastard Dongwoon kiss you,” Baekhyun explained simply with a small shrug. “I don’t want to be pushed further and further down the list. If I have to claim the 5th spot, then so be it.”

Baekhyun stared at you and tapped his chin thoughtfully. “Actually, I think I want to be your 6th kiss too.” Before you could protest, although you weren’t sure if you would have, Baekhyun pressed his warm lips against yours. He pulled backwards, and pressed forward once again. “And your 7th kiss.” And again. “And your 8th kiss.” And again. “And your 9th kiss.”

Your fingers flew up to your lips and you stared at him with wide eyes. “B-But-”

“If it makes you feel any better,” Baekhyun smiled as he tossed you a small wink. “You were my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th kiss too, so it’s pretty fair.”

Your heart was beating out of your chest, and you felt dizzy at all the kisses Baekhyun had just stolen from you.

“Now that you’re completely awake, I’ll call the other members in. They’ve missed you a lot, you know,” Baekhyun smiled and left the room. He closed the door behind him, and leaned against the cold wood as he tried to calm down his own heart.

“Baekhyun, you idiot!” he muttered under his breath. He had kissed you without even thinking twice about it, and was now regretting his rash actions. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter