Chapter Thirty Eight

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unbetaed for now!

 

“Choose your team mates wisely. Call heads or tails to see who goes first,” the coach announced as he tossed a coin into the air.

Taeho called heads at the same time that Kai called tails, and the loud smack of the coin on skin was heard. The coach lifted his hand to look at the results and loudly announced, “Heads!”

Your face froze in horror once you met eye contact with Taeho who was sporting yet another smirk on his face. “I’ll take Hanmi.”

 

 

You sent him a hard glare before you trudged ruefully over to his side. Kai tossed him a glare as well, and the other grinned smugly with satisfaction.

Jinhyuk went over to Kai’s side without even having to be called, and the two continued their picking of the rest of the class. You eyed Kai uneasily as you contemplated what you would do. You sighed reluctantly once you came to the decision that you’d try your hardest despite being on Taeho’s team and against Kai.

“I hope you know how play, doll face,” Taeho smirked as he wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

“You have three seconds to get your filthy arm off of me before I beat your into a pulp. Don’t forget that I can,” you growled. “Actually, I’m pretty sure you clearly remember the whooping I gave you a few days ago, don’t you?”

You grinned with satisfaction when Taeho’s face twitched with annoyance.

You positioned yourself on the field and the sharp screech of a whistle signaled the start of the game. With a deep breath, you darted forward with lightening speed and easily stole the ball that was in possession of the other team. One hard kick was all that was needed to have the ball shoot across the field and into your opponent’s goal.

Jaws dropped in amazement as they processed your swift actions. You had managed to get from one end of the field to the other in under 20 seconds!

Taeho wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you into the air with a loud cheer. You were about to hit him upside the head, but once you got a look at the genuine happiness on his face, you decided to keep your hands to yourself.

On the other end of the court, Kai was watching your exchange with Taeho with dark eyes.

“She’s incredibly fast!” Jinhyuk grinned with awestruck eyes. “She’s smart, pretty, athletic, tough, and friendly! She’s pretty perfect, isn’t she Kai? Kai?”

Kai felt his anger only grow with the words of his friend, and decided to leave so he wouldn’t lash out. He gritted his teeth together and shot a strong glare at Taeho who returned it with a smirk,

The blow of a whistle shot through Kai’s ears and he darted forward without a second of hesitation. Taeho mirrored him on the other end of the field, and the two were soon head to head in battling with the ball.

You let yourself stop and watch Kai’s fast movements completely impressed. You reluctantly allowed yourself to be mildly impressed with Taeho’s speed as well.

The two of them danced all over the field for the a few minutes and it was soon visible that Kai was in the lead.

Your keen eye caught Taeho eye Kai’s shin, and your eyes widened in realization of what the other was planning to do. Unfortunately, you reached the two of them a little too late, and Taeho had already managed to smash his heel against Kai’s shin.

The other stumbled over in pain and knocked into you, causing the both of you to fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

A low groan released itself from Kai as he propped himself on his elbows to elevate his body off of you. “Are you okay?” Kai asked as he examined your face for any fragments of pain.

You shook your head and helped Kai sit up. You kneeled in front of him and examined his outrstetched let. His shin was already beginning to swell into an ugly color of purple.

“Yah! You dirty cheater!” you growled loudly at Taeho after jumping to your feet.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Taeho shrugged innocently. “The clumsy fool tripped over himself.”

You let out a loud snarl and flung your fist forward to have it smash against the side of Taeho’s face with a satisfying crunch. The students stared at you with gaping jaws, and the coach’s shrill whistle met your ears as he shouted, “Yah, new kid! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“You shouldn’t have done that, Hanmi,” Kai sighed from his position on the ground. “Now you’re going to be suspended from school; that scum wasn’t worth it.”

Your eyes lit up from his words, “Really?”

He rolled his eyes and allowed Jinhyuk to help him to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter