Chapter Thirty Five

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Duizhang, it’s your turn next! Where are you trying to run off to?” Xiumin sniggered with an amused expression as he watched the rare opportunity of seeing the co-Exo leader panic.

“S-Sehun, let’s trade spots! You want to, don’t you?” Kris pleaded with the maknae. He was completely throwing his pride in the trash, and as much as the other Exo members enjoyed seeing it, they felt a little pitiful towards the other.

Sehun hesitated for a few seconds, but a pointed look from D.O made him shake his head regretfully. “Sorry Hyung, but you really need to patch up your relationship with Hanmi. If I have to take one for the team to have that happen, then I’ll do it.”

Kris looked around with exasperation at the amused expressions of the other Exo members. “Does it really amuse you guys so much to see me in despair?”

All 10 heads nodded simultaneously.

“I know, to solve your fear, why don’t you go on spy on Luhan and Hanmi’s session to get some idea of what you should do during your session?” Tao suggested with a bright smile.

Before Kris could protest, he was pushed away by the other Exo members to get closer to the secluded room you and Luhan currently were in.

“Don’t get caught, Duizhang!” Chen sniggered before he ran away.

Kris was about to pull away and leave, but gave in to the nagging temptation. He’d listen in for a few minutes - just to get some ideas. He carefully peeked over the door frame, and his eyes widened at the sight of you holding Luhan tightly in your arms as he clung to you. He had never seen the elder ever act like that to any of the other members.

He quickly pulled back, and listened quietly as Luhan spilled all of his worries to you. His heart clenched in pain at the torment of his fellow Exo member, and the fact that he hadn’t noticed a thing. What kind of leader was he to let his own brothers live in anguish and fear every single night? He had been so caught up in his own worries that he hadn’t realized those of the other members.

His thoughts were interrupted when a sweet voice met his ears, and his eyes widened when he realized that the voice belonged to you.

Kris closed his eyes at your soothing voice, and a light smile unconsciously slipped onto his face as he listened. When your voice slowly came to stop, he stood up with his fists clenched tight and a new air of determination rose around him.

He was going to do whatever he could to break the barrier between the two of you.

 

------------ --------------------

 

“Duizhang, it’s your turn~” Tao sang as he shoved Kris in your direction.

“Come on Maknae, I’ll give you one more chance to switch places with me,” Kris pleaded under his breath so you wouldn’t be able to hear him.

Despite the fact that he had managed to built up confidence just a few minutes prior, his strong will came crashing down when you walked into the room with Luhan at your side. It was his turn next.

“Take care of our Duizhang well, Hanmi! He’s actually really nervous about this,” Tao grinned gleefully as he shoved Kris so hard that he would have knocked into you if he hadn’t caught himself.

Kris shot the other a glare, and took a few steps back to give you your room again. He had noticed you tense when he nearly bumped into you, and he felt his heart sag just the slightest bit.

You glanced uneasily at the tall Exo member, and silently walked over to a room that was rather close to the main room. Quiet footsteps sounded behind you, and you knew that Kris had followed you into the room. Taking a deep breath of air, you turned around with a forced smile on your face, “What do you need help with, Kris?”

Kris stared hard at you for a few seconds, and you felt your smile falter. Did he really have to stare that intensely?

“You don’t have to force yourself,” Kris finally murmured as he averted his line of sight from your own. “It’s more hurtful when you’re forcing yourself to smile.”

You stared at the other in surprise, “What do you mean?”

“I know that you hate me,” Kris said quietly as he stared at the ground. “And… And I’m really sorry for what I did. I would do anything to take it back and bring your Oppa back to life, I swear I would. I really… I’m sorry for the pain that I inflicted on you. I just… it’s just taken me so long to tell you how I feel.”

You stared at the other for a long time, and each passing second added even more to Kris’s nervous feeling.

“No, I’m sorry,” you finally stated after a deep breath of air.

Kris looked at with surprise, and was met with your sincere expression.

“I know that you were simply trying to protect the Exo members, and I’ve known that forever, but I was always being too childish to let go. I’m sorry I’ve made you suffer through that feeling,” you replied sincerely. “I don’t hate you, and I never did... Will you forgive me?”

A small smile appeared on Kris’s face – the first you had ever seen – and Kris gave you a small nod. “There was nothing to forgive.”

A wide smile spread across your own face, and you felt as if a large burden had been lifted from your shoulders.

“I saw what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter