Chapter Twenty Three

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You immediately stiffened at the sound of the familiar name and your head snapped up to him. “What do you remember about them? Anything you can remember?”

“Is something wrong?” Luhan asked with a confused expression.

“Luhan, please, anything and everything you can remember,” you pleaded as you engulfed his hands into your own. You pleading gaze caused the other boy no choice but to rack through his memory.

“Well, um, there were 5 people, all male – Hero, U-Know, Max, Xiah, and Micky, or at least, that’s what they made us call them. They all weren’t that old, maybe a couple of years older than us back then.” You listened intently, mentally noting every single feature Luhan listed about each of the members.

“We actually think that one of them has been checking up on us every month or so,” Luhan finally added.

Your eyes widened in alarm. “What do you mean? Why do you guys think that?”

Luhan shrugged. “We might be paranoid or something, but each month at least one of us has a suspicious sighting to report. Last month Sehun said that some guy was following him home from school, Kai spotted one of them outside of the window during class the month before, and the month before that Xiumin almost had a heart attack when he heard something shatter down stairs while we were all out.”

“…Then they haven’t struck this month yet,” you said slowly. “Around what time are they usually seen?”

“It’s not consistent,” Luhan shrugged, his eyes narrowed at your interest. “What is it, Hanmi? What does Two Moons mean to you?”

You stared at him silently for a few seconds, thinking about what exactly you should say to the other. The truth? It would be too soon for that. Perhaps it would be best if everything that was written in Minhwa’s letter was kept to yourself - for now, anyways.

“Hanmi~!” Sehun cried as he came running into the back room, interrupting the silence between you and Luhan. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were leaving early? I would have gone with you! I was so bored at lunch!”

You gave Sehun an apologetic smile, and Luhan got up to leave the room to help the others in the front. He gave you a look over his shoulder before he left the room, however, as if to say “this isn’t over.”

“Oh, by the way Hanmi,” Sehun said, rummaging through his bag to search for something. He pulled out the cell phone you had chosen the day earlier, and placed it into your hand. “I thought I would pick it up for you on the way.”

“Thanks Sehun,” you smiled, giving him a small pat on the head.

Sehun grinned widely at your action and pointed at the panda charm dangling from the end of your phone. “That’s a matching one with me! You have the girl panda, and I have the boy panda.” He dug through his pocket and pulled out a phone matching to yours, but in a different color. “I’m also the first contact in your phone, too! I had to get a new one, since I kind of bro… lost mine.”

“Why didn’t you have to wait for yours?” you asked with a cocked head.

“A little extra money got them working a little quicker,” Sehun grinned.

“Oh, I should have given extra money to speed up the process too,” you said thoughtfully.

“I didn’t want you to,” Sehun shrugged.

“Why not?”

“Because I wanted a reason to go out with you again,” Sehun grinned innocently. He glanced down at your phone and shrugged. “Even thought I couldn’t in the end.”

You felt your heart skip a beat at his words and immediately fumbled through your phone to hide your blushing cheeks. You messed around with some buttons and sure enough Baby Sehunnie was the first contact on the list, followed by a Kungfu Panda Tao.

“You don’t need any of the other member’s numbers, okay? Just me and Tao is enough. Actually, just ignore Tao’s number, and call me whenever you need me,” Sehun grinned brightly.

You chuckled at the boy’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter