Chapter Twenty One

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey Hanmi,” Jinhyuk greeted you when the two of you seated yourselves in the classroom. You were both 10 minutes late, but a single glare from Kai shut the teacher up the second he opened his mouth to reprimand you two.

“Hello,” you chimed softly back, not wanting to catch the teacher’s attention. “Thank you for finding me a couple of days ago. I would have been a goner if it wasn’t for you.”

“It’s no problem, really. I’m sure anybody else would have done the same thing if they were in my pos—”

“Jinhyuk! Since you seem to enjoy talking so much, please read the passage on the bottom of page 262,” the teacher barked.

Jinhyuk immediately got a flustered expression his face as he gazed at the passage written in English, not understanding a single word.

You immediately caught his discomfort, and raised your hand with a smile, “Is it alright if I give it a shot? It’d be nice to experience school for a first.”

The teacher seemed to become blinded with your smile, much to Kai’s annoyance, and was too quick to agree.

You leaned over to Jinhyuk’s desk to read the passage of English text and clearly read without any mistakes or fumbles – not even the slightest accent. “What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet; So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee, take all myself.”

The teacher, along with the rest of the class gaped with open mouths at you.

“Did you perhaps live in America?” the teacher asked with a raised eyebrow.

You shook your head and gave a small shrug. “I just studied well.”

When the teacher turned away to resume the lesson, Jinhyuk leaned over to you to whisper, “Thanks a lot, I would have gotten a detention for that one.”

You grinned in response. “You saved me, I saved you! We’re even now.”

Jinhyuk pouted at your words, “Yah, the degree of my saving you versus you saving me is completely different!”

“Will the two of you shut up?!” Kai growled loudly, attracting the attention of the entire class. The teacher turned to reprimand the disruptive student, but instantly turned a blind eye once he saw it was Kai.

“Do you bully the teacher or something?” you whispered to Kai with furrowed eyebrows.

He simply sent a smirk your way and resumed tucking his head into his arms to sleep.

“Don’t you need to pay attention?” you frowned, gently jabbing your forefinger at Kai’s arm.

He raised his head to shoot you a glare as if to say “Interrupt my sleep one more time, and I’ll skin you alive” before tucking his head back into the joint of his arm.

You stuck out your tongue at the sleeping figure, and sighed as you stared out the window in complete boredom.

You wondered how BAP was doing after the crash you made them suffer a few days ago. You were sure that the punishment they would have received from the boss would be ten times as worse as the injuries they would have gotten from the crash, and you felt a slight bit of guilt for it. The image of the bloody and dying Hyunseok appeared in your mind, however, and the guilt completely vanished.

The shrill ringing of the bell interrupted your thoughts, and you jumped slightly in alarm.

“Hanmi, are you alright?” Jinhyuk asked with a look of concern as he placed a hand gently on your shoulder.

You smiled up at him and nodded your head. “I’m fine, really.”

He gave you an uncertain look but decided not to press the issue any further, and turned in his seat to talk to a classmate.

Your mind began to drift off to the letters your Oppas had written you, and a frown formed itself onto your lips as you thought harder about it. This group of Two Moons Minhwa had written about, exactly what and where were they? What was their purpose in tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter