Chapter Twenty

Predator turned Prey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few hours of training later and you were completely exhausted. The boys were complete amateurs with their powers. Although they did improve noticeably, you had been the victim of all their failed attempts, and after being drowned by Suho, burned by Chanyeol, nearly electrocuted by Chen, and frozen by Xiumin, you decided to finally call it a day.

You plopped onto the couch and refused to budge when Chanyeol tried pushing you off to get some room for himself.

“Yah, there’s like 3 other couches, alright?” you scoffed, waving him off when he tried pulling aegyo on you. “And Bbuing Bbuing with your voice is almost laughable, okay?”

“What happened to my cute and innocent Hanmi?” Chanyeol pouted, sulking on the next couch over.

“She disappears when she’s tired,” you stated plainly, closing your eyes to get some sleep.

You felt a body cuddle itself against yours and wrap their arms around your waist.

“Sehun, I’m not in the mood and it’s too hot,” you complained, not even bothering to open your eyes.

“But I’m not Sehun~” Luhan’s tinkling voice responded. You opened your eyes slowly, and sure enough the baby faced boy was pressed tightly against you.

“Hyung! That’s ia!” Sehun exclaimed with horror as he tried to pry his hyung’s body away from yours.

“I’m only 3 years older, maknae,” Luhan retorted, sticking out his tongue. “It’s a known fact that girls like their men a few years older.”

Sehun’s jaw dropped at his words, and he began tugging at your shirt. “That’s not the case, right? Right Hanmi?” You cracked opened your eyes just in time to see him do “Bbuing Bbuing”, and you knew you fell into his trap.

“Alright Sehunnie I like you the best,” you muttered, closing your eyes once more in an attempt for sleep.

Sehun cheered happily, and shoved Luhan away in a single push before wrapping his own arms around your body.

“Why don’t you give into my Bbuing Bbuing?” Chanyeol called out with a pout.

“Because your voice doesn’t suit aegyo,” Sehun grinned as he stuck out his tongue.

“Cheeeeeen, tell him to be quiet,” you groaned. “And get out, Sehun, it’s too hot for you to be doing this,” you growled, kicking him off of the couch.

Chen glanced at you with surprise. This was the first time you had actually acknowledged him by name, not including when you had been training with him. Although he had previously been against your presence, after you sacrificed yourself so he wouldn’t be harmed during the battle with BAP, he had to admit that he had a soft spot for you now. Wordlessly, he dragged the whining Chanyeol out of the room.

“Cute Hanmi really does disappear when she’s tired or fighting,” Sehun pouted. The pout only lasted for a few seconds before a new grin replaced it however, because he soon added, “but fighting Hanmi is y, so I like her either way!”

“You get out too,” D.O sighed and dragged the maknae out of the room after Chen.

You smiled with satisfaction when silence filled the room, and tried to resume your sleep. After a few minutes, you felt the tip of someone’s finger tips brush against your forehead and you let out a loud whine, “Sehunnie!”

“Sorry, I thought you were sleeping.”

You opened your eyes and your heart skipped a beat when you saw that it was Baekhyun staring sheepishly down at you.

“There were stray strands of hair on your face so I thought they were bothering you,” Baekhyun explained as he crouched down to be on eye-level with you. “I don't think the couch is all that comfortable to sleep on. Do you want me to carry you upstairs?”

You blushed heavily at the thought and quickly shook your head to decline. “I’m fine here.”

A frown spread onto Baekhyun’s face before a smile quickly replaced it. He stood back up and lifted your upper body from the couch. You looked up at him with confusion until he sat down and placed your head onto his lap. “This should be more comfy.”

You refused to let your face turn any redder than it already was, and choked back a stammer, “Are you sure you’re fine with this?”

Baekhyun smiled down at you and nodded. “I need to get some sleep anyways, so I’ll be killing two birds with one stone if you’re comfier as well.”

You nodded at his words and felt a small smile cascade onto your lips before closing your eyes to drift off to sleep.

 

 

------------------------------------

 

“Hanmi-ah, wake up!”

“No,” you muttered, nuzzling closer with the warm heated figure at your side.

“Hanmi, you need to go to school and so do I,” the voice persisted. You soon recognized the voice as Baekhyun’s, and finally cracked open your eyes to peer at the figure in front of you.

“No,” you repeated, looking dead straight into his eyes before cuddling up against him to resume your sleep.

You felt Baekhyun’s chest rumble lightly when he chuckled, and soon felt a pair of arms slide themselves under you before you were lifted into the air.

“That’s not going to make me wake up,” you murmured as Baekhyun carried you upstairs. “Your arms are comfortable, Baekie, carry me around for another hour.”

Baekhyun laughed at your childishness. “Are you always so immature when you’re sleepy?”

“Yes, so treat me like a child and carry me around,” you replied, not skipping a beat.

“Hanmi, you have to wake up. Today’s your day to follow Kai around, remember?”

“I don’t want to,” you replied, clinging onto Baekhyun’s shirt. “I want to stay home, I don’t like school.”

“You’ve only gone for a day and you’re already tired of it?” Sehun exclaimed incredulously. “Then pity us! We’ve been going our entire lives!”

You stuck out your tongue in the general area of Sehun’s voice, still not willing to open your eyes.

“I’ve got her, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol’s voice chimed. “You can go get ready for school.”

You clung tightly onto Baekhyun’s shirt, and whined in protest when you were transferred from Baekhyun’s arms into Chanyeol’s.

“You’re not going to wake up, Hanmi?” Chanyeol asked in a teasing voice.

“No,” you replied stubbornly. You had to admit, you could grow accustomed to Chanyeol’s arms just as well as Baekhyun’s.

“Then you leave me with no choice,” Chanyeol chimed, and you could mentally see the stupid grin on his face. All of a sudden you met the air, and realized that he had let go of you. Your eyes flew open, and you quickly knocked Chanyeol to the ground before landing swiftly onto your feet. You stared down at the surprised latter and stuck your tongue out at him.

“That’s what you get for dropping me.”

Chanyeol chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter