Epilogue to, The Difficulty Of Being Kim SungGyu

The Difficulty Of Being Kim Sung Gyu

Because All Stories Have An Epilogue:Army

 

 

 

There was a buzzing sound gently penetrating his ears as the sensation of being hit repeatedly on the head with a biscuits tin started. It wasn't pleasant, at all. As he moved his head he felt his face get smudged with something smooth and sticky. Leather. A groan came as a response of the contact, making him instantly feel his throat itch with discomfort. Curling came natural but the motion got stopped half way when he felt his brain wobble. What was going on?

 

"I think he's finally waking up."

 

"Please, Hyung, be quiet!"

 

Voices popped from the buzzing, instantly piercing SungGyu's ears. He could bet a drill wasn't as loud as the voices. They sounded so freaking clear and rough at the same time it made him cringe. Someone, anyone, had to stop them. Yet as he was regaining consciousness, the voices and noises became stronger and clearer.

 

Very gently, like peeling off a Liberté yogurt in slow motion, he opened his eyeshis eyelids heavier than usual. When his vision came to focus, he found DongWoo's orbs amusedly staring at him. It didn't take long before he felt his body being forced into a sitting position, his head going slower than his vision and body making the surroundings stir. As on cue, nausea striked making SungGyu wonder what had he done to deserve feel that way. His hands went quickly to grab the rapper's arms just to gain some stability.

 

It never came.

 

There was a warm smile covering DongWoo's lips. "Nice to finally see you awake, Hyung."

 

"Urgh... I told you to keep it down, Hyung."

 

This time SungGyu recognized Hoya's voice that held an unusual baritone colour, what he wasn't able to recognize was the modern bookshelf behind DongWoo. Even the pale pistache wall didn't seem familiar for him. Trying hard to keep them open, his eyes roamed around the place, a living room, while his mind tried to focus yet in a moment he stopped wondering when he caught sight of a gigantic sepia photograph. The gigantic sepia photograph.

 

"Why are we here?" Just like Hoya's, his voice carried the same unusual colour that hid the soreness.

 

DongWoo gave him some space as he sat next to him on the loveseat where he hadhe made the obvious guessended up falling asleep. It wasn't the best spot but well, who notices that in those moments? When his vision got wider, he caught sight of SungJong sprawled, up on the coffee table's carpet, with his cheek pressed tight to the cool surface. A pleasant expression covering his drowsy face. And far on the larger sofa, was WooHyun strangely curled on one of it's ends, his face buried completely on one of the big black cushions. Just looking at him hurt.

 

"Well, our place was the closest... you guys were pretty wasted to go further," unlike the others, SungYeol's voice held the usual perkiness and sly tone that matched perfectly his smirk as he placed a pretty big pot on top of an old photobook that was displayed on the coffee table. SungJong instantly sat up, snatching some chopsticks from MyungSoo's hands who was having trouble holding still his own body. Lack of sleep and hangovers weren't a good combination for him.

 

"Couldn't you make something else?" SungJong grimaced when he noticed what was inside of the recipient, his hand getting hit by a wooden spoon.

 

There were some, what SungGyu believed, unrecognizable words coming from WooHyun's side. DongWoo was the one who voiced for him to repeat as he placed the lid of the pot on the corner of the table, letting the smell of ramen invade the living room. The nauseous sensation SungGyu had tried to control moments ago came back.

 

"That why the hell is SungJong?" He groaned painfully the moment the sunlight hit him directly in the eyes when he had moved from his position. His hands went like magnets to his face.

 

"Don't you live like two blocks from here?" SungGyu said after a moment, everyone's attention had been momentarily stuck on WooHyun's struggle.

 

"And miss your morning faces? No way," SungJong laughed at Hoya's middle finger.

 

It was then that a nostalgic feeling invaded SungGyu's insides. Even with the hangover haunting the place, a warmalmost forgottenatmosphere welcomed them. It felt like old times; their tired eyes and dishevelled hair, their smudged make-up and messy clothes. The reality they had shared for so long on their past dorms had resurrected into the flat.

 

 

Groans and complaints were the only thing that could be heard around the coffee table, followed every now and then by a snicker and a furious glare.

 

"MyungSoo, go to your bed. Your face's about to fall on the ramen," SungYeol said as he fished some noodles from the pot.

 

Suddenly DongWoo snorted before he started to chuckle. "Remember, heh, remember that time, guys? When—when MyungSoo actually—and—the food—!" there was no way DongWoo could end his sentence between all that loud laugh and lack of air but the lame example of a sentence did ring a bell on everyone's ears, bringing some bright expressions to the table.

 

"Hyung..." MyungSoo was the only one that grew a sour look on his features.

 

"That was the day MyungSoo gave up on his cool image," Hoya's headache didn't stop him from adding. A pleasing smirk covered SungYeol's face before he burst along with DongWoo.

 

"How come we don't have a picture of it?" SungJong wondered between grins.

 

"Please, shut up and lets eat quietly," SungGyu groaned getting shoved by a hungover WooHyun who was too, enjoying the hilarious memory. "Yah!"

 

"God, Hyung, don't shout," was WooHyun's calm response as not only him but Hoya scrunched their eyes.

 

"Keep it down, guys, don't you see he's too old for this now?" SungYeol teased getting a glare in response. Still, he continued. "From now on, no second rounds for SungGyu-sshi."

 

Even between yawns, MyungSoo's mood went up,"goodbye clubbing..."

 

"Next time be more considerate to your Hyungs, Jong-ah," Hoya decided to join the teasing. Their new target far more entertaining than the handsome's old clumsy act.

 

"I won't do it again," the youngest in the table dared to go along.

 

DongWoo laughed completely amuseds, still he patted SungGyu's back to give him some pitiful yet sincere comfort but their laughs had gone for so long now that not only SungGyu but the other hangover people started to feel sick again. Laughs slowly started to fade away. Even happiness couldn't cure a wasted body.

 

"I feel like ..." WooHyun was the first one to pop a comment as he laid his forehead on the edge of the table.

 

"You were the first one to follow the kid's idea," Hoya said, holding his chin with both hands before he looked further to the wide window, his eyes finally adjusting to the light. "But it was nice... it's not like we give concerts at home everyday."

 

"...it was nice, huh?" SungGyu said, finally remembering the reason why they all looked like zombies that morningor evening, it all depended on how they saw it. The reason why they were all in that flat and not at their own places. The reason why, even with all that sickness floating over them, they all held an accomplished look.

 

It had been a while.

 

"Yah, someone ate my egg," WooHyun announced moments later breaking the peaceful silence the group had managed to create. Old habits die hard.

 

SungYeol shook his head, his expression darkening. "No one did. Hoya forgot to write it on the list so we didn't have enough eggs for the ramen."

 

"I didn't. It was MyungSoo," Hoya quickly defended himself, making the named one perk up to give him a glare.

 

"I still can't believe you manage to live with this two..." SungGyu said watching WooHyun fetch a half egg from MyungSoo's plate. DongWoo grinned at how reluctant he looked.

 

"It's located pretty well, and I'm almost never home."

 

"And he can play whenever he wants MyungSoo-hyung's video games," SungJong nodded before he left his upper body fall back on the carpet.

 

"Plus the great company," SungYeol smirked as he teased the upset male's hair. MyungSoo didn't take long to fight back, reaching for the long bangs of the older. Hoya simply sighed at the usual picture while DongWoo and SungGyu moved to a safer place, far away from the mess of arms and shouts. They knew how hard both could hit. Yet it ended too soon when MyungSoo held still the taller male from the back. His cold stare turning into a soft glowish look.

 

"How come I was so blind before?" DongWoo wondered out loud, his gaze set on both troublemakers.

 

Even if the question was soft and vaguelike most of his questionsit wasn't hard for them to understand it.

 

"It's not something people go around saying out loud," SungJong said from his laying position. No need to sit up and look where DongWoo's attention was set.

 

"Well duh, of course not. I don't go 'round saying, hey! I'm heteroual!" Hoya rolled his eyes at WooHyun's exaggerated act, but the older just ignored him before turning to SungYeol. "Either way you could've just said; Oh, look at that guy's , and we would've ended up skipping all that drama."

 

"Such a classy guy," Hoya groaned, while SungYeol, on the other side, gave deaf ears the usual teasing he got from WooHyun. He prefered to give his attention to the koala-like person that was stuck behind him. So gently, he moved his head to the side just to give enough space so that the half-asleep MyungSoo could rest his chin on his shoulder. His messy hair tickling his ear.

 

After that they started to talk about last night's concert. Between them, they shared the small details and little nothings that had done that night special for them. Even if the euphoria managed to always leave a blanc but pleasant memory; between their words and laughs they managed to built a bigger memory. And SungGyu listened. He paid attention to each and every sentence, to each sound and exclamation the youngers did, because it all made him feel the memory closer. Real. His.

 

"So, Hyung, I know you're having the time of your life, but," SungYeol smirked, smoothly changing the topic. "When are you planning to be active again?"

 

"Yeah, even SungYeol's back on track," Hoya said trapping the named by the neck with his bare arm.

 

"I'm not even done yet with"

 

"Hyung!"

 

"I know it's not the same but I heard your therapies went well," DongWoo took advantage of SungJong's interruption.

 

"And that military uniform doesn't really match you," WooHyun pointed out with a straight face, getting instantly a fulminant glare from the older. "What? It's the truth."

 

"I bet he's the princess of his squadron," SungYeol snickered gaining a glare too. Glare that was showered with intense laughs.

 

Doing his military service while being an inactive member was an idea that came to SungGyu a month after his surgery. There was nothing much he could do and going to the army seemed like a good way to forget about his voice and keep himself busy. It was a way of killing two birds at once. His plan had been immediately accepted by Woollim's CEO and his parents. The ones that weren't that happy were s but they still supported him. Whenever they could they would go visit and whenever SungGyu could he ended up giving them a small visit.

 

"But seriously, you're coming back to us after your service, right?" SungJong said, suddenly tired with the teasing of his older members. His round eyes giving that puppy look that had never left his gaze.

 

SungGyu looked at the six guys with whom he had been sharing the food that evening. Each one of the faces he knew like his ownwith their different gazes and reflexed emotionsbefore he ended up snorting."Who would want to go back to take care of you, guys?"

 

Instantly, a waterfall of complains came his way, bringing a crooked smirk on his lips.

 

"You can't go solo. You need us!"

 

Between all the cries, WooHyun's words came louder as he added a pointing finger to SungGyu's forehead, this action was accompained by a mischievous look that turned into a frown with SungGyu's relaxed answer.

 

"Try me."

 

"YAH!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

My last ranting zone,

So, this is it, guys. Two years went flying by in a blink of an eye, huh? With it's ups and downs I managed to finish this fanfic that is trully precious to me. It's my baby whom I will miss a lot now that's finally over. Having so many upvotes and subscribers, really, it was something I never imagined, I just started one day writing a chapter in my brother's room to a vague idea I had in my headI remember that day so welljust to become this way too long fanfiction. For enjoying reading this crazyness, thanks. For being so patinent with this slow writer, thank you.

As for the end, I wasn't thinking about writing all that stuff about how they relationship got better, how they managed SungYeol's comeback and SungGyu's after surgery since, like I said it in the fic, time is needed to heal but I let you all see the tiny light that that said yes, it is going to happen. Life does go on, even if I ended it there (that epilogue was more for fun that necessary), that doesn't mean life stopped from happening to them. Also the MyungYeol here is the only one that does bloom in a serious romantical way (if you didn't understand their ice cream thing, you might want to read the one shot I made of them). About SungGyu's surgery, if he manages to get his voice back or not... that wasn't the topic of the fanfic because, it doesn't matter what happens, guys. That wasn't my point. Cus he's going to have those six idiots behind him. Always. Those were my thoughts for the fiction.

The fanfic started with SungYeol's scandal and it ended when it got solved. My fanfic went around it and the difficulty for SungGyu to keep track of the six members, not his voice.

Thank you for your lovely support, for the ones that appeared as I kept going on, for the ones that were there from the very beginning until the very end and also the ones that came after all this craziness was over. For the silent readers and for the loud ones. I met lovely people thanks to this fanfic and I trully enjoyed reading and discusing with you some of the chapters, characters and hidden intentions. If you still want to talk about it, don't hesitate to send me a comment or a message. I'll gladly answer.

Seriously, thank you, guys.

Until next time,

G