Anger

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 30

All the guilt disappeared. Bom leaned against Seunghyun’s shoulder while she did her best to forget her father’s empowering eyes. Bom shut her eyes closed and continued weeping. This guilt weighed her heart for a long time. However the memory will always be engraved inside of her. It hurt Seunghyun to hear her cry. He remembered vaguely on the second day of school when he talked to Jiyong about his cruel mission. He remembered saying his ultimate goal is to crush Bom’s soul and hear her cry in front of him. Seunghyun pushed Bom’s fringe to the side so he could see her watery eyes. She was crying in front of him. He completed his mission, he saw Bom cry. Yet how come he doesn’t feel so happy that he saw her cry, he felt his soul crushed instead. Seunghyun realised that his goal was so stupid.

“Park Bom what have you done to me?” Seunghyun accidently blurted.

Bom titled her head so she could see Seunghyun and gave him a puzzled face.

‘Huh?” Bom murmured.

Seunghyun felt his face burn with embarrassment. Seunghyun looked away and pretended nothing happened. Suddenly there an awkward silence filled the room, Seunghyun turned around to realise Bom was crying anymore. Bom used her sleeves and wiped away the tears. Seunghyun rummaged his pockets and reached for his pocket tissues and handed to her. He stared at her features on her face and smiled. She was just an ordinary girl before and suddenly she transformed to the most beautiful girl in his eyes. He honestly doesn’t know how that happened but he was glad it occurred. Bom used the tissues to dab her watery eyes.

“Oh you guys are in here?” Jiyong’s voice broke the silence in the room. Jiyong stepped inside and signalled Chaerin and Dara. Dara ran into Bom’s arms when she noticed Bom carrying tissues in her hand.

“Omo, Bom are you crying? Did Seunghyun say anything mean again?” Dara asked Bom.

“No he didn’t do anything.” Bom defended Seunghyun. Jiyong glanced at Seunghyun and noticed Seunghyun’s shoulders were tensed but something else caught his attention. He noticed his school jumper was wet. Jiyong squinted just to make sure he saw the wet patch on Seunghyun's shoulder and that’s how he figured out that Bom cried on his shoulder. It’s official Seunghyun was his threat and he needed to do something fast. Everyone had their lunch in the chemistry lab instead of the cafeteria.

Dara had her eyes fixed on Jiyong and she knew he felt uncomfortable. Before Dara and her friends would stalk Jiyong every day and admired his prince like nature. But ever since when Jiyong confronted he, she gave up on pursuing him.

Flashback

Dara's eyes widened at the sudden knocking on her door. She rushed downstairs and opened the door. Dara was flustered when she saw Jiyong on her doorstep. It was like a dream come true, her prince charming stood in front of her but one thing was missing. Jiyong didn’t look happy to see her.

“Jiyong…”

“You pushed Bom into the pool didn’t you Dara! ” Jiyong shouted.

“Umm….” Dara was so shocked that she couldn’t say anything to defend her and that gave everything away.

“I knew it. You and your stupid friends are always following me! Leave me alone because I don’t love you. I love Bom.”

Jiyong stormed off angrily. Dara had her jaw hanging, the prince she knew vanished. Deep inside she knew that Jiyong never liked her in any romantic way. Dara’s sharp nails scratched the door, she wanted to take revenge on Bom again.

Flashback ends

Dara called Jiyong outside so they could talk privately.

“Stop sulking Kwon Jiyong! You need to man up and take Bom away from Seunghyun.”

“Dara…thank you for your concern but I’m scared. Lately she been really close to Seunghyun –“

“That’s why you have to make the first move. Don’t be a wimp, if I was a wimp I wouldn’t have a boyfriend right now.” Dara scolded Jiyong.

Jiyong nodded while he listened to Dara’s wise advice. Jiyong and Dara walked back in the lab and nobody suspected a thing. Jiyong felt his jealousy boiling inside when he noticed how close Bom and Seunghyun were sitting next to each other. Jiyong look back at Dara and decided it was time.

“Bom can I talk you for a minute?” Jiyong asked Bom in front of everyone. Bom gave him a worried glance and headed outside. Seunghyun didn’t like Bom and Jiyong being alone and tried to follow them o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter