Warning

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

Bom was forced to go back to her seat. She wasn’t allowed to stay at the change rooms. Chaerin was about to turn the page of her book but stopped when she noticed Bom walking back to her seat.

“Bom, why do you keep disappearing today?” Chaerin joked and placed her novel aside.

“Chaerin…. is Seunghyun a good school leader?” Bom blurted as soon as she sat down.

“He’s a horrible school captain. Why?” Chaerin answered.

“He’s not the school captain anymore….” Bom uttered.

“That’s good! Hopefully the new leader won’t be so biased like Seunghyun.” Chaerin cheered.

Bom nodded. Weeks ago she would do a victory dance if Seunghyun lost his role as the school captain. Bom was still happy to have someone else to be the school captain but she also felt sorry for Seunghyun. Everything was confusing her. He was a jerk who only treated the wealthy people nicely. He made biased and useless rules for the school. Why did she feel bad when she heard that he wasn’t going to be the school captain anymore? Her thoughts clouded her mind and she could not focus the second half of the game.

Everyone was disappointed at the points that flashed on the board. Seunghyun’s basketball team lost the game. It was a long tiring day, many people lost their voices. However the basketball game was intense and made everyone tired. As soon as the bell rang all the students headed home. Unlike most students exiting the school Bom stayed back hoping to find someone.

---

Bom gently knocked against Seunghyun’s office door. Despite the no response, Bom stepped inside his office to see Seunghyun taking down a painting from his wall.

“Seunghyun are you alright?” Bom uttered.

Seunghyun turned to face Bom.

“My life is over. I’m not going to be popular anymore. I can’t control the school. My status will drop-“

Bom folded her arms. She could not believe what she was hearing.

"Your life is over because you're not going to be popular anymore?"

"Being popular is everything to me." Seunghyun replied.

“You know what, I actually felt sorry for you! But now I’m glad that you’re not the school captain. You were such a bad school captain. All you care about is yourself! Your life won’t be over because you’re not the school captain. I’m happy with my life without money or being popular. Stop being such a cry baby.”

Seunghyun was speechless. Being the school captain was everything for him.

“Being the school captain is everything to me! Being popular is everything to me! You wouldn’t understand because you never been popular or rich in your life!”

“I wouldn’t want to be rich anyways. Especially seeing how the power of money has turned you into a snob!”

“Money and popularity is everything. Money can buy me anything. It gives my power. “

“Well I think it’s sad that you think that way…” Bom whispered.

Bom stormed out of his office. It’s been a while since they had a heated argument.

“My life is nothing now...” Seunghun grumbled as he threw the painting on the ground.

------

Dinner was awkward at Seunghyun’s home. Seunghyun could not meet the eyes of his parents. His eyes were fixed upon his food. Seunghyun used his silver spoon to mash the potato in front of him. His father who sat directly opposite to him eventually put down his newspaper. Seunghyun’s father was a powerful man in the business industry. His black slick hair was pushed back; he looked youthful despite his age. Even when they were eating at home, he wore a suit at the dinner table. Seunghyn’s father coughed loudly trying to grab Seunghyun’s attention.

“Seunghyun!” Seunghyun’s fath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter