Confidence

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

The crowd continuously booed at the rival school when they entered inside. Bom’s eyes were glued onto Siwon. Was it really him? Siwon and his teammates vanished as they entered inside the change rooms. The cheerleaders took over the court as they began to show the crowd their dance routine while the other school was getting dressed in the change rooms. The boys from Bom’s school were besides the sidelines, they were doing warm up stretches.

Bom was still lost in her thoughts. She never knew that Siwon was rich enough to be in the second best school in the state. Siwon appearance made her think.

How was he?

Was he still depressed?

Does he still remember her?

‘Bom are you ok? You look a bit pale?’ Chaerin asked in a worried tone.

Bom shook all those thoughts of her head. She was here to support her school, not to be gazing at Siwon.

“I’m fine Chaerin. “ Bom flashed a smile. She looked around her to find the crowd holding banners and light sticks of their favourite team player.

“Light sticks, banners and posters? What is this? A kpop concert? Bom complained to Chaerin.

“The school receives huge profits from these merchandises though. One single light stick is very expensive.” Chaerin replied.

Bom sighed, this school was very different. Bom reached for bag so she could find her notebook, she then tore a blank page from her book. Bom with her pink highlighter wrote Jiyong’s name on the piece of paper. She quickly nudged Chaerin and showed her quickly made poster.

“Hahaha Bom, your piece of paper won’t stand out at all.” Chaerin teased. Bom pouted; at least she has something to show support. There was no way she could buy a light stick. The boys from the other school suddenly entered the court showing their vibrant orange uniform. Seunghyun’s team uniforms were all in blue with bits of red lines. The coach ordered everyone to their positions in the court; the real game was going to start soon.

The referee finally blew the whistle as the game began. The rival school were very good, better than what Bom expected. They were the first one to snatch the ball away and they began dribbling the ball toward their end of the court. Siwon was very tall took his height as an advantage of the game and scored numerous goals. Seunghyun’s basketball team on the other hand was very disorganised and uncoordinated. This was mainly Seunghyun’s fault, Seunhyun was the team’s leader and his leadership skills today were very bad. Jiyong furiously jumped up and down since there were no defenders nearby. Seunghyun who had the ball looked around hoping to find someone who he can pass the ball to, anyone but Jiyong. Seunghyun eventually passed it to someone other than Jiyong, but the other team easily intercepted. He should have passed it to Jiyong.

As the game progressed Seunghyun was just losing it. Not only did he avoid Jiyong in the game but Siwon was distracting him a lot. Even time he looked at his face, it only just reminded him of the day at the club, where Siwon and Bom were getting along very well. Short sequences of the club scenes just distracted him making him made mistakes on court. Seunghyun shut his eyes as he tried to forget everything in his head but was a big mistake. A ball flew out of nowhere and landed on his face.

His team mates all rushed to his side.

“Seunghyun you idiot! Why didn't you catch the ball!?”

“You’re ruining the game!”

Seunghyun groaned. Blood trickled down from his head and yet everyone didn’t care. They just blamed him for their low points on the board. The coached walked up to Seunghyun.

“I think you need to rest for a while. We’ll have someone else to take your spot.” The coach pulled Seunghyun away from the court and someone in the reserve team took his spot on the court. Everyone in the crowd murmured. Seunghyun was the best player. It was so unusual for him to be replaced in a game. Seunghyun hated the humiliation and just ran away.

Bom from the far distance was worried. She didn’t like it how everyone in the crowd started to hate Seunghyun, it was so stupid, and they were his ‘fans’ before but now they are blaming him. What’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter