Determination

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Bom sat on the cold ground while her eyes diverted towards the sky to see the birds flying freely. She wished she could have that freedom but now she was trapped in a school that only appreciates the wealthy people.

“Hey do you need help? “ A voice wrecked Bom’s train of thoughts.

Bom looked up to see a young girl offering her hand for support. Bom weakly smiled as the kind girl lifted Bom off the ground.

“I guess they already confronted you….anyways my name is Lee Chaerin ! Nice to meet you!” Chaerin quickly shook hands with Bom. Bom glanced at Chaerin, she was different to the other students.She wasn’t carrying anything expensive or flashy but most importantly she had a kind soul.

“Oh hi my name is Bom! I’m guessing you are part of the “commoner” side?” Bom questioned.

“Yeah that’s right.We are very restricted in this school.” Chaerin sighed.

“Let’s go Bom, we’ve got class to attend!”

-----

Bom stepped inside to see the quiet classroom filled with studious students. Even though the class hasn’t started yet most of the students buried their heads inside their textbooks or scribbling notes on their notebooks. Bom stepped inside and no one bothered to glance at her since they were all too busy studying. Bom was indeed a smart student but she did not recall studying to the extreme like these students. Chaerin lead Bom to seats at the back.

“Chaerin….is our class always like this?” Bom murmured.

“Oh yes...we all must get 100% in all our tests otherwise they will kick us of this school.” Chaerin whispered.

“What? Isn’t that harsh?” Bom whispered.

“Of course it’s harsh! This school is number 1 in everything except one thing which is academics. You see most students in this school don’t need to study since they’ll be rich when they’ll leave school. That’s why the grades were so poor at the school before and that’s why we’re here….we’re here because it’ll boost the school’s academics….” Chaerin explained.

“But it’s unnecessary to treat us like this... Why hasn’t anyone complained yet?”

“Because the school captain is the principal’s nephew and his parents are very powerful and influential people…one mistake and he can destroy your life. Most people are afraid of him because of his cold attitude and bad temper. Besides the students in the class first priority is to study they don’t care about the facilities or being looked down…”

“That’s bull! I never agreed to be treated like this! How can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter