Bullsh*t

Exposed: The Secret Lives of EXO

"This is lame," Baekhyun grumbled.

Lay had to agree. The K members had just returned from Music Core and D.O. had been too tired to work his interior decorator magic on the apartment. Hence, there were merely a few leftover streamers and drooping balloons (the remains of Tao's birthday fete) to serve as the backdrop for Baekhyun's early-twentieth birthday party.

The mood was rather unfestive, tainted by the remnants of last night's conflict. Though Suho had returned injury-free, it was clear from Kris's cold demeanor that the Great Leader War had not yet ended. As such, the two were sitting as far away from each other as the living room permitted. Lay figured it would take a few days, maybe even a week, for everything to return to normal; Suho took his leadership role very seriously and Kris was rarely reasonable when his pride was at stake.

"Want to watch a drama with me?" Xiumin piped up with a hopeful smile.

"Is Yoona in it?"

"Umm..."

"Then no," Baekhyun snapped. Xiumin shrugged and went back to his laptop, whose screen depicted a bald, mustachioed emperor. It seemed Xiumin had moved on to period dramas, which Lay doubted Baekhyun could ever sit through, even on a good day. Mini-skirts of the SNSD variety (which his younger friend was so fond of) would have been scandalous back in the Qing dynasty.

"How about some soft-core stuff then, to celebrate your entrance to manhood." Chanyeol grinned impishly. 

"No!"

"Hey, I'm up for hard-core too, if that's what you want," Chanyeol said, waggling his eyebrows. "There's this one girl who looks exactly like Tiffany..." Baekhyun flung his new autographed Taeyeon cushion (which Lay had bullied Luhan into purchasing) at his roommate, which landed harmlessly on the floor. 

It was Tao who came to the rescue. "Hyung!" he called excitedly. "The monthly horoscopes are out!" The gangly maknae sat down beside them and began to read off his tablet.

"'The month of May marks the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter, a volcanic event that shall be reflected in your environment. Love and friendships will be tested while new bonds will be formed. Like any explosion, the turbulent beginning will build towards a full of revelations and reconciliations. At the end of the month, as the dust settles around you, you will be able to truly see the world for what it is.'"

"Woooow..." Baekhyun intoned, eyeing the tablet reverently. "What does it say for Taurus?"

"'Dreams are meant to be realized so take initiative. Doors will open if you knock and a wonderful relationship awaits if you seek it.'"

"Sounds legit," Kai called out sarcastically as he padded towards them. He picked up the fallen pillow and tossed it to Baekhyun. "Maybe your beloved Taeyeon-noona will finally realize you exist." Baekhyun ignored the jibe and hugged the pillow tightly to his chest, his face taking on a dreamy expression.

"Here's yours, Kai," Tao said as he swiped the screen. "'Capricorn. Never take what you have for granted. You will not realize how precious someone is to you until he or she walks away.'"

Kai shrugged as he calmly took sip of his milk, but Lay could see the stiffness in his shoulders. There must be something on the kid's mind, if a little mumbo jumbo could make him react this way.

Tao stole a glance across the room at Kris, who appeared engrossed in his book, and continued reading. "Scorpio. Your judgements will be called into question as you set forth on a new journey. Conflict will be inevitable but remember that differences can be settled with time and an open mind." They fell silent as they all turned to look at Kris. The words A Dictator's Handbook was emblazoned across the cover of his book and his furrowed brows were a clear indication that he was nowhere near accepting a truce.

Lay let out a sigh. If their group's peace was dependant on either time or Kris's mindset, they might as well wait around for another millennia.

 


Bull

| Posted on May 5, 2012  |11:01 pm |

T and BH (who shall be dubbed the Beef Brothers from here on now) are at it again. They have convinced themselves that they are the next Oracle of Delphi and have spent the evening enlightening us about our futures. It's actually ridiculous, the amount of bull they're willing to believe. The other day, T was running around screaming because he read on a (rather questionable) website that morning breath was the result of spiders dying in your mouth. Sounds legit, as K would say. 

The only thing worse than their gullibility is the horrendous writing in horoscopes. Hell, I could make up some really vague phrase that will no doubt come true within the next thirty days of my life. Here's an example:

LibraYou will encounter a bunch of problems that probably won't kill you (unless you're extremely unlucky). People will piss you off but that's okay because, you know what? They're all going to die anyway.

Pretty good, right? Now if only I could find someone willing to pay me for my unparalleled wisdom.

 

Tags: bull

| 0 Comments  | ✚ Leave a comment  |  Subscribe to RSS |  Laynicorn Project |


BLOGROLL