`o9

Girlfriend Hire

 

“So where are you going for the bachelorette’s party thing?” Chanyeol asked as you got ready, fixing your eyeliner in the mirror. You thought for a second, recalling the conversation you had with Yeonhee after Sarang had confronted you in the kitchen.

“She said it was going to be some sort of secret surprise.” you said, “But earlier, I saw two large crates of booze so doesn’t take a genius to figure out what we’re doing.”

Chanyeol nodded with a pout as he lay on the bed, fiddling with his phone in hand.

“What will you guys be doing?” you asked, applying lipstick and smacking your lips loudly.

He gave you a large grin, “We are having a pool party!”

You chuckled a little at his excitement, “You seem over the moon about this? You guys getting strippers or something?”

Chanyeol scoffed, “Maybe...why you jealous?” he taunted.

You gave him a look with an eyebrow raised and unbothered eyes, “Not really.”

He rolled his eyes, hopping off the bed and moving towards you, “I think you should be. I mean, this face is hard to ignore,” his finger circled his face as he said this, “and you know it.”

You rolled your eyes, turning to him, not realising the closeness between you. Your hand stopped at his chest as if limiting him for stepping any further. “Chanyeol, I have no idea what you are talking about”

He copied your teasing tone, “Miyoung, I think you do”

“Are you arguing with me now?” you squinted at him, “Your face is nothing special”

Your hands clasped at his cheeks, squashing them in to make him pout a little. Of course, you were lying about the latter.

Chanyeol swooped down an planted a wet kiss on your lips, startling you completely that you had retracted your hands quicker than a flash. You slapped his forearm and looked back in the mirror to check that the red painted on your lips wasn’t smudged in any way.

“Pabo” he commented. There was a knock on the door, interrupting you as you were about to retaliate. Chanyeol strode towards the door and revealed Baekhyun standing there. He smiled sweetly and said a small hi.

“Erm, Chanyeol I need to talk to you” Baekhyun said lightly. Chanyeol shrugged an agreed. You sighed softly when you were all alone in the room.

Your mind was haunted by Jongin and Sarang and then to make things worse, Chanyeol had to kiss you. You pretended to punch your reflection in the mirror out of irritation.

“You really are a fool” you said to yourself.

Patting down the skirt you had on; you left the bedroom, not before grabbing your purse. You paused for a second as you heard muffled voices coming from the opposite direction you were heading.

Out of curiosity, you followed the voices.

 

“Wow, she really did look way out of your league” a voice said, sounding awfully like Baekhyun.

There was a smacking sound and then Baekhyun yelping. “Hey!”

“Shut up” Chanyeol scolded.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “But you and Miyoung really did look like a couple. Everything seemed so real”

You ears perked up even more in interest now that you were certain than Chanyeol and Baekhyun were talking about you. You wondered how their conversation had led to this.

“It’s called great acting” Chanyeol scoffed. Baekhyun shook his head, “But, you were all touchy and kissing and making me want to vomit!”

You frowned a little, feeling a sense of queasiness inside you.

Chanyeol sighed loudly and just smiled, “It’s all part of an act and maybe I’m just having a little fun with her too”

Baekhyun frowned, “Oh. So after this wedding, it’s over?”

Chanyeol nodded and hummed a ‘yes’.

 

You your heel and walked away, trying hard to ignore the pain throbbing away in your chest. It was stupid, you concluded, that you were feeling like this.

Yeonhee jumped out at the end of the hall, greeting you with a big hug. “Come on sister-in-law! Time to get wasted!”

You forced a smile on your lips, deciding to forget everything you had heard. Today and the rest of the week was going to be about Yeonhee and Jongin and they didn’t need some pathetic girl sulking over something that was never going to happen.

“You ready Miyoung?” Yeonhee asked as we reached a hired car out in the driveway.

You nodded enthusiastically, “Absolutely!”

The drive was full of laughter and chatter. A champagne bottle was popped open with a cheesy cry of joy that followed it as everyone got their glasses filled.

Sarang was clever enough to sneak glances at you, making sure you understood that what was discussed the day before was not spoke of to anyone at all.

The car soon stopped and Yeonhee ecstatically clambered out the door to reveal a mountainous area. Smooth rocks piled like a jigsaw and it was all beautifully decorated with paper lanterns and candles which stood out even more in the darkening sky.

There was a small station where a bartender stood with a charming smile, ready to serve any beverage he could conjure up.

“Wow this place is awesome” one of the girls breathed out.

Yeonhee smiled. “I know right!”

Sarang walked up to a stereo that had a long extension cord which was probably connected to somewhere with power.

“Let’s dance!” she cried as she pulled Yeonhee into the clearing, swaying to the beat of the music as it echoed out several speakers that were pin pointed around.

You laughed softly, watching everyone let themselves go and joining the two in the dancing session.

Instead of dancing, you ordered another drink, hoping that this would help even more about forgetting what you had overheard before.

One drink became many and then the rest of the night became a blur. White lights and the smell of pine and the sound of crunching stones.

It was exhilarating.

‘Who cares!’ you said to yourself.

“I don’t need him” you muttered, throwing your arms in the air as you swayed for hours on end.


Those who have watched the film, no, the next thing that happens is not about to happen :P

Muhaha

I haven't updated in a while but it's because my trampy bio teacher set us an essay on stupid protiens! WHO DOES ESSAYS IN BIOLOGY?!?!? for goodness sake, she annoys me so much!! And I dont like her hair!