`10

Girlfriend Hire

 

“Wooo!” Baekhyun yelled as he ran up to the pool and jumped in without a care in the world. He laughed aloud as he emerged to the surface.

Chanyeol shook his head while grinning in amusement. He turned to his drink and downed it sip by sip. Jongin jumped on his back in excitement before dropping back down.

“Yah Kim Jongin, how old are you?” Chanyeol scolded, “I can’t believe my sister is marrying you”

Jongin grinned, “I know right. She chose me.” He rested his head on the surface of the table, smiling dreamily. Chanyeol guessed he was a little bit tipsy and wasn’t going to be paying much attention.

Suddenly arms grasped around Chanyeol, squashing him purposefully. Chanyeol grimaced and whined as Baekhyun transferred water to his friend.

“Ah Baekhyun, what the hell?” Chanyeol groaned. It seemed that he was the only sane one there. Every other guy in the party was either drinking or messing about in the pool.

Baekhyun smiled prettily, “I’m having fun giant Chan”

Jongin began mumbling under his breath, “Yeonhee...where are you? I’m so bored. Let’s go McDonalds guys, I’m so hungry”

Baekhyun jumped up excitedly, “Ohh let’s go crash Yeonhee’s bachelorette’s party!”

Jongin gasped in childish excitement, “Yes yes let’s do that! Chanyeol, drive for us”

The pair skipped off to the car leaving Chanyeol rather annoyed at the quick change of plans. Well, he couldn’t do anything about it now. He grabbed his car keys from his jeans pocket and trailed after the drunkards.

 

Yeonhee grabbed your hands and started twisting to the rhythm of the song, “Miyoung let’s dance”

You giggled slightly and followed her movements, while shaking your head to the very upbeat song. You were distracted by approaching head lights. Your actions slowly stopped causing Yeonhee to look in the direction of where your eyes were looking.

Yeonhee’s face brightened as Jongin emerged from the car. “Hubby!” she squealed, and jumped into his arms, showering his face with messy kisses. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and yelped when his arm was suddenly tugged by one of the bridesmaid onto the dance area.

Your eyes met Chanyeol’s and you managed to put a smile on your face. Walking towards him was easier said than done; you managed to trip over a rock and while trying to regain balance, your feet got tangled.

A pair of arms kept you from falling flat on your face. Sheepishly smiling, you straightened up and thanked Chanyeol for his quick reflexes.

“You should be more careful” Chanyeol said in a low voice, while flicking a finger on your nose. Your nose scrunched up and you removed his hands from you.

“Mhm, what are you doing here anyway?” you asked, looking back at the group of people rocking out in the middle of nowhere.

“Jongin and Baekhyun needed a designated driver to be able to come here” he explained. You nodded, refusing to feel disappointed by the fact that his reason had nothing to do with you.

There was a seriously awkward silence between you and Chanyeol which confused him. Usually you were all flirty and cheerful but now, you couldn’t even bother to look at him.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked. You jumped at the question as no one had really spoken for a while. You smiled and nodded, “Of course. I was simply thinking about the wedding”

Chanyeol smiled, “They really are made for each other.” He gazed at Jongin and Yeonhee dancing to a much slower paced song.

You nodded and hummed in agreement, “Yes they are”

“Miyoung, do you want to dance with me?” Chanyeol asked, holding out his hand for you to take. You pursed your lips to suppress any giddiness within you.

“Why not” you said as your hands slipped into his bigger one. You both swayed in content. Chanyeol smiled down at you and placed his lips on your cheek. In return, your face flushed in pink only a bit. You needed to get back in control.

Before he could lean down again, you rested your head on his shoulder, facing away from his face. Chanyeol awkwardly paused but carried on dancing like nothing happened.

Your eyes met Sarang who was watching the both of you. She scoffed lightly before turning away. You frowned upon noticing this but dismissed it from your thoughts.

Chanyeol stopped dancing for a moment and made you look at him, “Wait here. I need to get you something from the car”

He excitedly smiled; you couldn’t even stop yourself from smiling back at him. He bounced away while you took a seat near the bar station.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he sat in the driver’s seat, going for the glove compartment. The door opened and Sarang came in a sat down. He blinked at her in surprise and looked pretty confused.

“Err yes?” he asked in an unsure tone. Sarang took a deep breath in and released it to ready herself.

“I need to tell you something” She began. Chanyeol nodded his head in a gesture to say that he was listening.

“You need to know that I still love you Chanyeol” she desperately said. Chanyeol looked at her with wide eyes, secretly pinching himself to make sure he wasn’t still asleep back at the villa.

“What?” he whispered out.

“I made a huge mistake. I left you because of my own selfish reasons and my doubts. I thought I loved someone else but it turns out he had his eye on someone else and I just—”

“Hold on” Chanyeol cut her off. “You were in love with someone else? We were about to get married Sarang! How could you have been in love with some other idiot? Who the hell is he?”

Sarang spluttered out nonsense to try and avoid saying anyone’s name.

“Did you and this guy ever do anything?” Chanyeol asked. “Ugh why do I even care? Sarang you are nothing to me alright! I have someone else”

Sarang shook her head, “No we did nothing... you don’t love Miyoung”

“And how would you know? I happen to be very much in love with Miyoung; that is why she is my girlfriend and not you” Chanyeol cried out in frustration.

“She knew, you know” Sarang made an angry outburst, having had enough of him praising you. “Jongin told her everything and she still didn’t tell you. How’s that for love?”

Chanyeol froze, letting everything sink in. “You were in love with Jongin?”

Sarang’s face fell as she realised the mistake she had made. “Chanyeol, please don’t do anything rash”

Chanyeol got out the car and slammed his fists on the hood. You noticed him and recognised his angered state. You rushed up to him and placed a hand on his arm, “Chanyeol, what’s wrong?”

Chanyeol ripped his arm away, “How could you not tell me huh?”

Sarang came out the car, her eyes glistening in the fairy lights hung around. A sudden wash of realisation hit you; Sarang had revealed everything.

“Chanyeol listen, it really wasn’t my place” you tried to reason.

Chanyeol didn’t want to hear any of it. “You lied for god’s sake. But I guess that’s nothing new. You lie for a living!”

You screwed your face up, wondering why the hell you were feeling guilty when he was the one playing with you.

“You hypocritical moron! I heard your conversation today with Baekhyun; I’m not the only one who can spin a few lies and mess around with people!” you blurted out in hurt and rage.

Sarang watched you and Chanyeol threw and few curses and argued. She was confused and felt out of place to be in the middle of it so she slowly edges away from the scene. Whilst arguing, you and Chanyeol had gotten into each other’s faces, inches apart.

Chanyeol breathed out heavily, knowing you were right, “You weren’t supposed to hear that Miyoung”

“Well I did” you replied, looking at his eyes in disappointment. Chanyeol started to relax and close his eyes to calm himself.

“This is not working out” You said, stepping away from him. Chanyeol made a noise of agreement.

“Take me back to the villa please” you said, getting into the car and waited for him to drive away so you could pack and leave.



 

I'm not sure where the may fit in actually...maybe I'll leave it out unless I find a cunning way to put it in.