`o1

Girlfriend Hire

 

The wedding was going to be held in Thailand. That meant Chanyeol would have to hastily pack enough clothes for at least two weeks. And he had to remember his tux. And his plane ticket; mustn’t for forget that.

Chanyeol muttered in annoyance, holding his cell phone in one hand and throwing pieces of clothing into his large suitcase.

“...2, 5, 1” he whispered under his breath as he punched in the numbers in his phone. Taking a deep breath, he did something he never thought possible in the real world.

“Hi, I just saw your ad in-- oh, it's Park Chanyeol. Today. Really? Just like that?”

It really was just like that.         

Park Chanyeol had hired you as his temporary girlfriend so he would seem unfazed by the fact that his ex-fiancé was attending the wedding too. And he wouldn’t look like an absolute loner. Of course, he was over the girl, it was all very much forgotten, but facing her again without someone by his side didn’t appeal to him very much.

He arrived at the airport in no time. He would meet you here. He wasn’t sure of what to look for so he ended up sitting on one of the benches, tapping his fingers on the arm rest and puffing his cheeks impatiently.

Your eyes scanned the airport. You had arrived ten minutes earlier just in case and managed to have a quick breakfast.

As Chanyeol settled in his seat, you observed him for a few seconds, watching his little mannerisms to figure out what you’d be dealing with for the next couple of weeks. Picking up your bag, you walked straight in front of him.

His head looked up and he looked surprised for a moment. Awkwardly he stood up; rubbing the back of his neck as he almost towered over you. You noted how tall he was; you reached his shoulders in your heels.

Your hand gestured out for a hand shake, “I’m Cha Miyoung; we talked on the phone”

Chanyeol’s hand clasp around yours and firmly shook it, “Right, Pak Chanyeol here”

Your head tilted, analysing the low pitch of his voice. It was chillingly deep.

“To remind you, I will act as your girlfriend for however long you need during the time paid for,” you stated in a professional manner, “While we’re on the plane, we’ll need to learn essential details about each other, you know, birthdays, favourite food and colour etcetera”

Chanyeol nodded obediently, “Of course”

You noticed how stiff he was. It made you want to laugh for some reason. A hand comfortingly rested on his arm, “Relax Chanyeol. If this is going to work, you need to be comfortable with me”

His cheeks became pink and his fingers itched the back of his head, “Yeah, I—I’ve never done anything like this before.”

“It’ll be fine” you assured.

The call for the flight to Thailand was echoed through he airport.

“That’s us” Chanyeol informed. He grabbed his side bag and began walking. You frowned is disapproval and called after him.

Startled, he turned round in confusion.

You shook your head, “If you want to be comfortable with me then we should start now”

Strutting up to him, you slipped your hand into his and squeezed it encouragingly. You stifled a small giggle as his mouth was ajar a bit into a round shape.

He cleared his throat and willingly held onto your hand, “Alright, I can do that”                 

“Okay, let’s get going boyfriend” you chirped casually, walking towards the terminal for departure.

On the plane ride, Chanyeol learned things about you and you learned things about him. He explained the schedule of what was going to happen over the week. There would be a small reunion party at first.

Then the usual rehearsal dinners, family outings, the night before the wedding and of course, the actual wedding and reception.

The flight was comfortable and soon it landed on the foreign land.

As you and Chanyeol walked through the airport after getting all your belongings, Chanyeol informed you that they would be picked up some certain family members.

“Okay” you said, nodding in understanding before holding onto Chanyeol’s hand again.

“Chanyeol! Over here!!” a voice screamed.

Chanyeol smiled widely and gestured you to walk towards a small group of people. He leaned over to your ear while looked at where he was going.

“That’s my cousin Baekhyun and that’s my aunt and her daughter, Hyunae” he informed.

You nodded once again, letting this new information sink in. For a moment, Chanyeol let go of your hand to greet Baekhyun with a hug.

“Wow, you’ve grown” Baekhyun teased.

Chanyeol scoffed, “And I see you haven’t”

The other rolled his eyes in annoyance, “And still, I’m the better looking one”

You coughed lightly to get their attention. This girlfriend thing would never work out if Chanyeol didn’t acknowledge you.

“Oh” Chanyeol’s eyes widened for a moment, “Right this is Miyoung, my...girlfriend”

Baekhyun gave you a sweet smile, “I’m Baekhyun”

“Nice to meet you” you said politely.

“Wow Chanyeol, she’s even better looking than—”

Chanyeol slapped his hand over his mouth, glaring playfully, “I think it’s time to go to the villa, don’t you”

He released his hand and Baekhyun just shrugged, “Okay if you say so”

Chanyeol sighed and took hold of your hand and led you out the airport. You raised an eyebrow at him, “Better that who?”

He shook his head, “He’s just being silly; ignore him”

You shrugged, “Well I guess I should take it as some sort of compliment”

Arriving at the large villa, you were greeted by the sight of running children, adults lazing around in chairs on the porch and grass.

Chanyeol turned to you, “Right after this, we have a small party. It’s just a gathering to catch up with everyone so we should get ready.”

He said all this while leading you to the room you would have to share.

Inside the room, it was lovely. The bed looked brand new and there was an en suit bathroom. You turned to Chanyeol, sharing the same look.

You both jumped on to the bed, wiggling childishly as the comfort of it sunk into your bones. He laughed in amusement until the feeling faded. You sat up and went to your suitcase, “I’m going to get ready”

You bounced off into the bathroom. The sound of the lock clicked in the renowned silence. Chanyeol sighed, knowing this small vacation was going to be a long one.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd atleast give you one chapter 

I hope you like it so far!