Still With You [1/?]

Still With You

Still With You [1/?] - A Visit

...

 

He surprised her by showing up at her apartment that day.

She really didn't expect it; when he knocked and she opened the door, her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing an old, oversized shirt he instantly recognized as his, something she'd borrowed from him ages ago. Kim Bum didn't mind though. To him, his Eunnie will always be beautiful.

When he showed her what he had with him ― a DVD of the recent The Avengers movie ― broke into a wide grin and she disappeared into the kitchen screaming, “I'll pop some popcorn!”

He found himself looking at the framed photos on a small table positioned near the TV set. They weren't there the last time he visited, which was a little over three months ago. There were five photos; one was taken when So Eun was probably five or four years old, sporting a toothless smile as she stood beside a teddy bear as tall as she was; another was of her in her Chung-Ang University school uniform, looking pretty as always; there was a photo of her and her parents; even her cat Hershey, named after her favorite chocolate variant, made an appearance with her in one of the photos.

The fifth photo was the one which definitely caught his attention. It was a picture of the both of them, standing side by side in the porridge shop, and judging by the clothes they were wearing, it was the first time they met each other at the set of Boys Over Flowers. He smiled. It was a day he'd forever be thankful for.

“Found anything interesting?”

He turned around and saw her making her way towards him, a bowl of popcorn in her arms. When she peered at him and saw what he was looking at, her reaction was instantaneous ― she blushed profusely and tried averting her eyes from his.

“I didn't know you were already in love with me back then,” he teased.

“I wasn't!” she protested. “I just thought... maybe, it's destiny. Us meeting each other and everything...” She looked away shyly, a gesture which made him smile wider.

“Have I told you how much I miss how sappy you are?” Kim Bum some more.

“I'm not sappy,” Kim So Eun pointed out. “Anyways, how did you find a good copy of The Avengers?”

“Steering clear of the topic, I see,” he smirked. “I have to do everything to make it up to you, don't I? I canceled our movie date last week. That's why I'm here, earning back lost points from my girlfriend.”

“I didn't know there were any points,” she said.

He shrugged. “I wouldn't want you running off with Junho ―”

She pressed a finger to his lips. “Don't!” she cut in. She knew very well his insecurities about Lee Junho, and he noticed lately that she's been making extra effort to make them go away. “I told you. It's you, okay? Not him. Not anybody else.”

“Really?” he quipped. It felt like his heart had skipped a beat. It was amazing that after how long they've been together, she still could make him feel as if it's the first time he's realized he liked her. “You're sure about that?”

She turned, plopped herself in the couch and patted the space beside her. “Come on, we haven't got all day.”