Text Message

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

 It’s been a week since Tao and you had become friends. You two got really close with each other. You’ve been talking with him, texting with him, going out to places who-knows-where. You didn’t care, you just shrugged it off.



 You took a look at your calendar -

 



Saturday


7



 You jumped on your bed, all eyes at the ceiling. What to do… What to do~? You haven’t completely thought about your schedule for the weekends. *Should I go shopping? I now! I’ll invite Tao so it would be fun!!!* You were full of excitement about your idea. You rushed off to your closet… when you heard a knock on the door.

 KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

 Who might that be? You opened the door and saw the landlady standing in front of you. “Good morning.” She greeted with a cracked voice. “Er, morning…” you smiled. “Come with me…” she walked down the stairs to the first floor. You followed her. *Am I in trouble? Did I forget to pay my rent? But I’m living here for free!* You kept on panicking. The two of you finally reached the first floor. She headed to the first door at the edge, while you were following her like a loyal dog.

 



 She opened the door, “Come in…” she gestured. You went in to see a room filled with antique furniture and decorations. *As expected of old people…* The smell of floor wax is still roaming around the air. Everything’s nearly made out of wood – the floor, walls, cabinets, cupboards. The only appliance to be seen is a radio playing 70’s hits, a small refrigerator, and a ceiling fan hanging in the ceiling.

 The only thing that caught your attention was the room near the kitchen. The whole room was completely visible because the door is widely open. The room is so girly. The wide bed was pink, full of stuffed toys and heart-shaped pillows. *If she sleeps in there… I swear gonna puke anytime now…* The cabinet was big. The curtains were frilly, with heart designs on them. The wallpaper was striped with pink and white.

 “She once slept in there…” the landlady blurted out. You turned around to meet her wrinkled, nearly blind eyes. You innocently blinked. “That’s her room,” the landlady smiled, “When she visits me after school, she sleeps in there.” *What is she talking about…?* “But now,” she said, rocking her rocking chair back and fort, “She’s not here anymore.” It just came to you. She was talking about her daughter. “I’m sor – “ “She now has her own room out there. She doesn’t need all these frilly, girly stuff… She now has all the wealth in the world…” *And she wouldn’t even share it to her own mother…*

 You felt pity for the old woman. You crouched near her, “If you like, I can sleep there anytime.” You smiled softly. She chuckled, “You know about your neighbor?” she changed the topic. *What’s with this all of the sudden?* “Er, no…” you shook your head. “He goes by the name of T – “ she paused. “What?” you curiously asked. “His name is… Jiyoon.”

 *Jiyoon…* “Oh...” you whispered. “You saw him yet?” the landlady asked. *Not even a strand of his hair.* “No. Maybe never.” You exaggerated. “Then invite him to the mall with you.” Again, the landlady read your mind. “Thanks!!!” you kissed her forehead, bowed at her, and rushed outside. You ran up the stairs and paused in front of your door. The door was open. *Argh!!! Forgot to close my door…* 

 You went in and changed your clothes. After changing, you got your bag and your cell phone. Suddenly… it vibrated.

 
 RRING! RRING!


 You opened the lid -



Going to the mall?


 This time, it wasn’t Tao. It was an unknown number.


… Who are you?

 
 You replied. You were walking towards the door when it vibrated again. That was fast…



This is Jiyoon. The guy living right next to you~


 Your eyes widened like Kyungsoo’s, the 'Clean Freak' of your school and is part of EXO. You clenched your fists and jumped around. *Argh!!! He got my number because I forgot to close the door! Stupid, stupid, stupid!* You clutched your hair. Again, the phone vibrated.


Don’t worry, I’m not a stalker or anything. :) Sorry for getting your number without your permission. And thanks for the, er, panda strap you gave me last week.

 

 You smiled. It wasn’t because that he got your number, you were even mad about it. But you were happy because the gift you gave him was useful, for some point. You punched letters on your phone and replied -


 You’re welcome… So, want to hang out to the mall with me?

 

 


 

 Anneyeong~! So here's Chapter 6! Sorry for making it short!

 I was trying a new font, so I didn't have much time to write more. 

 What would you like for Jiyoon's reply?  =w=

 Anyways, we've revealed some information about the landlady and her daughter. Expect more secrets being revealed in the future chapters!

 As promised, I posted the new poster someone gave me! Thanks! I like it, it's so nice~ 

 Please keep on supporting me for my first fanfic, and my second fanfic entitled Dare.

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 


 

D.O FANS... START SPAZZING NOW!