Rivals

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

 After you had your emotional breakdown with Tao, you went to your 2nd period, which is English. You went in the classroom with swollen eyes due to too much crying. *Damn… I look weird…* You rubbed your red eyes. You approached the teacher. “Um… I – “ you muttered. She put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow, “Where have you been?!” she shouted with an accent. She was on her late 80’s, wearing a very long floral patterned skirt. Suddenly, a body got in the classroom and neared you.

 Tao put his arm around your neck and said, “I was with her, Ms. Lee.” You elbowed him. “I was with her because Mr. Kim told me to do so. I toured her around the campus… Here,” he added, “What is this?” the teacher asked. “It’s an excuse letter.” He rubbed the part where you elbowed him. The teacher opened the envelope and read it. She nodded, “Fine then, please take your seats…” she ordered.

 You were walking with Tao looking for an empty chair to sit on. Everyone, especially girls, offered their seat for Tao. They giggled as Tao walked pass by them, whilst guys are getting annoyed. One stretched her leg out. You didn’t notice it and fell to meet the ground. *Wha…?* Thanks to Tao’s quick reflexes, he grabbed your waist and hollered you up. Your eyes widened. “Thanks…” you gave him a half-hearted smile. He smiled back. *Tch…* The girl crossed her arms and pouted angrily.

 You detected an empty and rushed off for it. It was located at the 3rd to the last row at the back, rght next to the window. You dropped your things near your seat and took a deep breathe while looking at the window, *I wish I can be free like those birds out there…* Tao still can’t find a place to settle on. He saw you already sitting near the window. He walked towards your seatmate and talked to him, “Excuse me, may I sit here?” “What?!” the guy furrowed his eyes. Tao answered his invitation. He shot him a cold, death glare. The atmosphere got intense, you didn’t even notice this. You were captivated with the outside world, wishing you weren’t here in this ‘jail’.

 The two were shooting glares at each other. They leaned forward until their foreheads meet. The other guy was growling, but Tao didn’t give up. He would do anything to be by your side. He shot him his deadliest, coldest glare. The guy felt chills ran under his spine. He grabbed his bag and grumpily went to the seat at the back. Tao smirked, “Thank you!” The guy didn’t even try to meet his eyes.

 The teacher rolled her eyes, “Okay, let’s continue!” She started discussing about boring stuff, which made you yawn. You were completely unaware that Tao was just sitting right next to you. Oh yeah! I forgot to introduce myself… You glanced at your seatmate and your eyes widened in shock. Tao looked at you and waved his panda hands. He gave you a cute smile. *Pfft… What’s with him?* “Why are you here?” you whispered. “Is there something the matter?” he replied. “I mean, why are you seating beside me?! I thought someone else seats here?!” you mumbled loudly. “He offered his seat to me~ I guess not only girls can’t resist my good looks~” he snickered. "I guess he's gay for you." You laughed loudly that made the whole class turn their backs and stare at you, thinking you’re weird. 

 “Hush!” the teacher yelled. The two of you chuckled lightly, while you didn’t know that almost all of the girls in the class were glaring daggers at you.



 

 The day took longer than expected. Your regular schedule after class changed, mostly, it was: Go straight home, do homework, eat, sleep. But this time, you’re not going straight right at home.

 After your last period, Tao and you exchanged numbers. You finally had a text mate after a long time. You saw his phone strap. “Um… Tao?” you asked.

 “Yes?”

 “Where’d you get that phone strap…?” you asked, pointing the phone strap with a panda design on it.

 “Oh? This? Someone… special gave this to me…” he replied.

 His gaze softened as he was looking at the phone strap. It was a panda phone strap. *It’s nearly the same as…* You shook your head. *No, no… I’m sure there are a lot more phone straps like those around the world. And it’s someone special who gave it to him…* You smiled. “I see then…” “It’s cute, isn’t it?” Tao’s eyes sparkled when he asked the question. “Mmhm…” you nodded.
 
 “Anyways, I need to go somewhere else, I’ll be having an important meeting. I’ll call you when I’m done, okay?” he closed his cell phone and walked away. He bid you good bye. “Bye~!!!” you shouted, waving both your hands up high in the air. He smiled. You walked away towards your locker.

 RRING! RRING!

 Your cell phone vibrated in your pocket. You got it and opened the lid -

 

You have 1 new message!


 You read it. *It’s from Tao...*

 

 Hi! Tao here~ :)

 Meet me up at the parfait store at 4 pm near the school, okay~?

See ya! :3



 *Pfftt…* You chuckled. *Tao’s message is so cute…* The first time you saw him, you felt very nervous. He seems like a bad- ninja guy because of his looks. But after the two of you bonded, you knew a lot about him. He was pretty sweet and caring. He was kind and childish. And you thought that Tao was… cute. *Right! Let’s go!* You headed for the parfait store.
 



 Tao walked by the dark alleys of the school. He was heading for the southern part of the school, where, usually, fights occur. This was his important meeting. He paused at the sight of 12 people surrounding him, ready to blow him right off the bat.

 “You came…” the unknown guy snickered. “I’m impressed. The son of the owner of SM High would actually cause such ruckus?” “I never back down from a fight…” Tao shot him a piercing glare, “Is this because of what happened a while ago at English class?” Tao asked. The guy chuckled, “How dare you pick on my seat?!” “Is it a big deal?” Tao asked. He crossed his arms and leaned in against the wall. “Pathetic. What an idiotic reason.” Tao rolled his eyes.

 “It’s a big deal, you know.” The guy pumped his fists. The rest of his gang readied themselves.

 


 

 “Bring it…” Tao smirked.




 *What’s taking him so long?* You took a look at your wrist watch, it was past 4 pm. You tapped your fingers at the table. You were worried.

 Was he in trouble?

 Is he in cleaning duty?

 Are girls blocking his way, again?

 Did he… cancel his meeting with you?

 There must be one possible answer. But before you could think of any other reasons, the door of the store opened. You turned your back to see an injured panda. Your eyes rounded, you stood up from your seat and approached him. You squeezed his shoulders, “Holy Krisus… What happened?!” You saw his right cheek swollen. “It’s okay…” he shoved your hand away.

 “No! It’s not okay! What did you do this time?!”

 “…”

 “Did you cause a fight?!”

 “I didn’t – “

 “Tao! Answer me!!!”

 You yelled at him with desperate eyes. His eyes widened in shock. He never expected you to yell at him, especially at his condition. You saw his reaction and covered your mouth, “Um… I’m sorry, Tao. I was just – “

 “I fought with a guy… No… 12 guys…

 "You… WHAT?!”

 "It was for your own safety… They plan on hurting you… So I stopped them… I’m sorry for not telling you.”

 He bowed his head in shame. You were flattered with what he did, “Look, Tao… I – “ “I’m sorry!!!” he gave you an apologetic look. *Oh you…* “Look, you don’t have to do something that extreme just for me… I appreciate it, really. But you don’t have to injure yourself just for someone like me. Why would you do that anyway?” you asked him worriedly.

 “Because you’re special…” Again, your heart skipped a beat. “And I don’t want to let anyone hurt my friend…” he added. *Aww… He’s so sweet…* You bit your bottom lip; you held his chin up and chuckled, “Tao, promise me you won’t do that again.”

 “But – “

 “Look, if ever I get in trouble… I can always protect myself. You do believe I’m a strong girl, right?”

 Tao nodded. You cupped his cheeks, “Fighting can’t solve anything, you know? It would only get worse. I’m sure, that at this point in time; they’re cursing you in their minds. They’ll be back for revenge… And when that time comes – “

 “I’ll protect Yun Hae!” Tao beamed. “Right…” you smiled. “Anyways,” you poked his swollen cheek, “Ow…” he moaned. “Let’s get this healed up, shall we?” You grabbed his wrist and headed for the exit. But before you could, he halted you. “After we eat parfait!!!” Tao beamed. You laughed, “Right! Let’s go!!!” the two of you rushed for an empty table. *I'm glad to have a friend like you, Tao...*

 

 


 

 Hi to all my lovely readers! I present to you, Chapter 5!

 Anyways, I might not update Chapter 6 today. I might update it... maybe, tomorrow, I guess...? Or maybe some other time. I'm sorry for disappointing you all! 

 I think that 'I'll Always Protect You' might be a nice title, what do you think?

 I'll be going back with the whole 'secret neighbor' thingy on Chapter 7, and I'll be posting the new poster someone gave me in that chapter! Thanks!!!

 My first fanfic reached at least 158 views?! Krisus... I love you all!!!

 To all Kai biased out there, my next fanfic will be about Kai and You! ^^

 Anyways~  Thanks for reading!

 Saranghae <3 

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 


 

TAO SAY 'BYE BYE' NOW!