Incident

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

 The next thing you knew, it was Monday, the starting of classes. You sighed in discontentment. *And I was just enjoying my 2 day vacation… Argh, there goes my beautiful life…* You faked a sniffle.

 After a hot bath, you toasted bread and waited for it to turn golden brown. After a few minutes, you grabbed your things, took a bite of the bread, and headed out. Before leaving, you waved good bye at your panda bear. You glanced at the door at your left. *I hope he noticed it…* You snapped out of it and started walking to school.

 


 Your school, ‘SM High’ was just a couple of blocks away from the apartment you’re staying in. So you’re always sure that you will never be late. But you were wrong. *I must hurry… Detention’s probably waiting for me~* You frowned by the thought of it.

 You finally reached school. You were just about to walk pass by the gates when a couple of people blocked your way. “Um, excuse me…” you tried to make your way out of them, “I have to – “ you were disturbed. “Heya foreigner~” the girl in the middle smirked. She’s an average looking girl. But you can say that she’s way taller than you, or she’s just wearing high heels. She leaned forward you, “I hope we get along, you’ll be a great meatball~”.

 *Tch, I’m no food! Can’t you see that I’m a human being?! And you can’t treat me like one!* “Aigoo, speechless, aren’t ya~?!” she grabbed you by the collar. “Good girl~” She released you and patted your head, “You have to be a good hoobae, okay?” She faked a smile. *Wha…?* The other two girls behind her chuckled.


 

 After that, you found out that you became Kim Shinyeoung’s slave. You were carrying her books. *Urgh… Why did I fall for her trap?!* You went to the library where she’s waiting for 15 minutes for you and her books.

 “What took you so long, foreigner?” she glanced at you and got back to reading. “I have a name you know…” you cooed. “You don’t want a pet name? Too bad~” she smirked. “Look,” you muttered, dropping her books on the table which nearly made her jump.

“I still have classes. And I suppose you can carry these because you’ve got hands.”

“I – “

“Oh lookie~ There they are! You do have one… I’m surprised.”

 You pointed at her long fingers with red manicure. Red is so last year. She stood up in rage, “How dare you answer back to your sunbae?!” she had enough and yelled. Everyone was disturbed with their reading and gathered around where both of you were standing to see what’s happening.

 *Oh Krisus… A crowd. Great~ She’s attracting attention.* You sighed deeply. You faced Shinyeoung who’s glaring daggers at you, cursing you in her mind. You felt a chill under your spine. Her eyes were furious and she’s all red, you can tell. “Heh, you know? You’re the first person to yell at me…”

Be my guest!

 She ran towards you, grabbed your hair, and the two of you began spinning around. Some people pinned Shinyeoung but she was unstoppable. She was too outraged that she can kill someone, or worse… you.

 She pulled your hair in different directions until it was a mess. You moaned in pain. It felt like ripping your head apart. *That’s it!!!* You got her wavy hair too and pulled it. “Argh!” you cried in pain, “Stop this!” “Why would I?!” she continued to pull your hair. “No one EVER dared to talk back at me!”

 *People and their pride…* You rolled your eyes. She pushed you on a table, which made an impact at your back. Books fell everywhere. No one even bothered to stop you two. They were too scared. “Ah!!!” you shouted, she pinned you against the wall. You can’t breathe properly because she’s squeezing your neck. You felt like you were running out of oxygen. You turned blue.

 “You’re just a kid who ran away from home for a stupid reason, jerk!” she cried. You eyes widened. *How did she…?*

 “That’s enough!” a loud, booming voice disrupted your thoughts. She clutched your hair tighter, “Ow!!!” The guy in a suit walked towards the two of you, supposed he’s a teacher. He untangled the two of you. The both of you stood straight whilst looking down at the floor.

 Afterwards, Shinyeoung pointed at you, “She started it!” she blurted out all of the sudden. You parted your lips to debate, but before you could speak, the teacher ordered you to the faculty room… now.

 Your shoulders fell. You couldn’t do anything but just to follow his orders. This time, you can’t talk back. He’s a teacher for goodness sake! Shinyeoung smirked and childishly stuck her tongue out behind your back. *I won this round… Park Yun Hae!*

 



 You were sitting on the long bench outside the faculty room. You waited for the man in the suit a while ago. *I'm doomed...*  A shadow advanced near you…

 “Miss Park?” he called upon you. You faced him and rose your head up. You made an angelic, apologetic face. “Please, do come in.” he showed your way in the room. As soon as the two of you went in the room, you apologized in a not-so-polite way. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t start those entire ruckus back in the library! That Shinyeoung-ssi started it! I – “ You clasped your hands and bowed. You continued on babbling and apologizing nonstop.

 He looked at you and sighed. “What happened in Tokyo?” he asked out of the blue. Your eyes rounded and you faced him. He cleared his throat, “Anyways, I’m Mister Kim Hyunseok, and I – “. “You knew?” you asked, wearing a poker face.

 He sighed. “Come sit.” You rejected his offer, instead, you continued to ask him – “How did you know…?”

 “Of course I know…”

 “Who told you?”

 “I got it from a, er, reliable source.”

 “Then, tell me everything you know…”
 

 He paused, he felt like everything was awkward. He told you everything he knew about your past. About your parents and what exactly happened in Tokyo and why you moved in Korea. You sighed. You tried to hide your tears, but they welled up in your eyes. Tears blurred your vision.

 “It’s okay to burst out.” he advised. “No,” you wiped your salty tears away, “I must stay strong…” He admired your determination. “Well then, let’s let this one slip off…” he said. “Wae?” you looked at him with a confused face.

 “We had a lot of incidents here. But this one is unique. You’re the first person, ever, who actually talked back at their sunbae. I’m impressed.” He smirked. “Pfft… That’s nothing!” you chuckled. *Hmph... Cowards!* You were too proud of yourself. “I hope this incident won’t ruin your reputation… And the school’s.” You gulped. *Wow… What a heavy responsibility…*

 “Don’t worry,” he lightly patted your back. “We won’t let anyone know.” “About what?” you mumbled. He lightly chuckled, “Silly, about your… past.” You felt relieved. “I promise that I won’t let your parents know that you’re here in Korea…” he inquired. You felt like he’s a person you can really trust. He will do anything to keep that secret, a secret… Will he?

 By the thought of it, you were confused on how Shinyeoung knew about you and your past. You glanced at Mr. Kim. He noticed this, “What’s wrong?” “Did anyone tell Shinyeoung-ssi, about my… You know…” you worriedly asked. “I’m not sure… But I’ll try to find out who told her.” He said.

*I hope it’s no one I know…* 

 

 


 

 Konnichiwa! Author here. Lol, I've updated Chapter 3. And you thought I was gonna update next week.

 I'm finishing Chapter 4 and I'll try to update it tomorrow. Tao's debut is in that chapter, are you ready~?
 
 I'll try to update as many chapters as possible before our exams on July 31. 

 I hate to admit it... But this chapter was short. Argh! And I promised that it would be long. Sorry for letting you expect too much!

 To all my subscribers, viewers, friends, commenters, etc. I love you all! <3 Saranghae~

 Thanks for reading! 

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCIRBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.