Park Dong Hae

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

 

“Ugh…” You set your pass code and twisted open your locker; revealing a poster of SHINee in pink and white suits. “Oh Taemin…” You sighed and stared at your bias’ face. He had a warm smile and long, chestnut hair. “What am I supposed to do?” You asked, facing Taemin – not that you’re expecting him to answer you or anything. And besides, it’s just a poster. Just a poster. Nothing would come out of that mouth of his.

 It’s been the 4th day since you, Tao and Daehyun were searching for anything about your brother and his location right now. And yet, nothing worked out. *What shall I do?* You stuffed your things in your locker. *Should I ask Shinyeoung about it…?* You closed the locker door and sighed as you headed for the exit of the school. *She’s the last person I had in mind…* You gripped the strap of your shoulder bag. *She knows a lot about my brother as she is his ‘girlfriend’… But then, I think it wouldn’t work. She’s my mortal enemy for goodness’ sake!*

 You sighed one more time and paused when you saw a figure walking towards you using your peripheral vision. It’s none other than Tao. “Yunnie…” He flashed a weak smile, for he knows that you’ve always been worried and busy for the past few days. “Hi…” You tried to smile back, “Is Daehyun with you?” Tao asked all of the sudden. “No,” you replied, “He ditched school with his friends.”

 *Tch… That guy leaving Yunnie like this…!* Tao neared you and gazed at your disappointed self. He softened and frowned. Tao and you kept on walking; no one dared to speak even one word. The whole afternoon was awkward. “Tao…” you mumbled, interrupting the silent moment. “Hmm?” He looked at you with those piercing eyes. “What would you do… if you found out that your ‘criminal’ brother,” You gulped, “Is just wandering around near you?” Your eyes furrowed in sorrow. Dong Hae had a big effect on you.

 Tao softened, yet again, “I’ll…” “You’ll what?” You faced Tao with begging eyes; waiting for a reasonable answer to come out. “I’ll talk to him.” Tao smiled. You tilted your head and gave him a confused face, “But… Why?” You asked. Tao didn’t answer; he just smiled and left you curious. “Well…” He blurted out. You quickly turned your head to face him and blinked. Tao smiled. *Cute.* “…It’s because, I think it’s the most righteous thing to do.” He said.

 “Ah… I see…” You sighed for like, the 6th time and faced the asphalt pavement. You recognized the building standing in front of you, “Ah! We’re here…!” You spoke, pointing at the building. “T-That’s where you live…?” Tao asked. “Yup.” You smiled at the panda. “Isn’t it kinda…” He stared at the apartment from it’s base to the top. “Rusty…? Old? Hmm… Worn out?” You enumerated. Tao chuckled, “If you say so.”

 

 

 “ * Tadaima~” You beamed as you  opened the wooden door and entered your apartment room. Tao eyed you curiously, “What?” You asked. Tao cluelessly blinked at you; and then it struck you. *Tao doesn’t know Japanese…* “So, uhm… This’ your room?” Tao asked. “Ain’t it obvious?” You raised an eyebrow and chuckled. *She’s back to herself again…* Tao secretly smiled. He can’t stand seeing you like that – disappointed and all. It makes him so… powerless.

 “Tao! Look!” You called for Tao’s attention who was standing still near the door. Tao looked at you and chuckled. You were carrying the big panda bear on your lap and waved its panda hands directly at Tao, “It looks like you!” You grinned. *She kept it… I’m glad.* Tao laughed and sat beside you. “Give me back my brother!” Tao shoved the panda away from you and waved both its hands. You giggled at the sight. “Yeah… It does look like me!” Tao confirmed. You laughed and got the panda away from Tao’s hands, “You know… Someone gave this to me.” You smiled at the stuffed toy.

 “Who?” Tao asked, biting his bottom lip. *Jiyoon?* “He’s Jiyoon.” You faced Tao, “The guy living next door to me.” You played with the panda while talking to Tao. “D-Do you know about him that much?” Tao stuttered. You looked up and thought about it, “Nah~” You shrugged, “But I know one thing…”

 “K-Know… One thing?” Tao leaned nearer. “Yep. He’s sweet.” You faced Tao and poked his forehead, “Just like you.” You grinned. Tao rubbed the part of his forehead where you poked him and puffed his cheeks. “And… He loves pandas. A lot.” You nodded. *Whew… And I thought…* Tao sighed and grinned. “You know…” Your gaze softened as you the panda’s fur, “ * Onii-chan usually buys me a lot of stuff… Especially pandas…” You secretly smiled; looking at the black and white bear.

 *Who needs a stuffed panda if you have me?* Tao wanted to say that, but it seemed a little… flirty? And if he ever says that, the whole moment will be ruined. “Oh…” Tao whispered. “He was a really nice guy. Even though he was 6 years older than me, it still felt like… We’re the same age.” You giggled as you shared the story of your life with Tao. “He was really childish even though he was at university at that time. “ You made a thin smile. You felt like crying but you fought it back.

 “All… for you?” Tao leaned in closer. You chuckled, “Maybe. He never showed any signs of being mean and bad… Until now.” You sighed, “I wonder why he did that… That’s never like him. He never holds a grudge on anyone.” You inquired. *Sounds like someone I know…* “Well,” Tao interrupted. You looked at him and waited for him to continue. “People change…” He leaned even closer, making you back out a bit. “…Right?” Now he was inches away from your face, or your nose… Even worse, your lips.

 Your eyes rounded and blinked at the panda who was so close to you. You can’t even move a muscle. You just stared at Tao’s handsome face. His piercing stare struck you; his black eyes bore into yours. He leaned even closer, making you blush real hard. *Wha… What’s this all of the s-sudden?!* Your head felt light and blank. Inside, you were panicking – you didn’t know what to do. You can feel his every breathe. It was warm… and hot. You got red all over your face. Tao snickered secretly and searched your eyes. *Cute…*

 You gripped on the bed sheets. You can’t take it anymore; you were red all over and you felt your blood rise up to your neck. Your body temperature got even hotter than usual. You shut your eyes close and promised to never open them again. *This girl… so obvious…* Tao chuckled lightly under his breathe. You can feel your heart thumping every minute. Tao leaned even closer – but passed by your tomato-red face up to your pink ears, “I’ve…” You got shocked by the sudden contact and shut your eyes even tighter. *W-Wha… What the heck?! T-This is… too much!!!* “Got…” Tao’s breathe was so hot on your ears. “To go…” Tao whispered and chuckled.

 He stood up and chuckled at the sight of embarrassed you. You finally opened your eyes and bit your bottom lip. Tao covered his mouth and started snorting. “W-Wha…!!!” Your eyebrows furrowed and you made that face of a baby who wants to cry. “T-Tao!” You stood up and tried to catch Tao but then, he was too quick that he already reached the golden door knob, “Bye Yunnie~” He twisted open his way out. Before leaving, he popped his head behind the door and cooed, “I love you~!”

 “S-S-Shut up!!!” You got a pillow and tried to throw it at Tao, but you missed because he already shut the door close. You were flushing red… Not because of anger, but the other thing around.

 

 

 “What the heck?!”

 “What was that for?!”

 “Tao!!! Come back! I hate you!!!”

 “Argh! I’m gonna kill you tomorrow! And what was the ‘I love you’ for?!”

 Tao could hear your screams and complaints from the outside. He can even hear your stomping, “The neighbors can hear you, you know!!!” Tao shouted from outside your room. He chuckled as he gripped the strap of his black backpack and went left.

 

 

 “Where are you going?” A ty voice asked. A tall, 22 year old man got his dark, brown jacket from the rack and put it on, “I’m going to see her.”

 “What?!” Shinyeoung stood up. “You’ll tell her?! Now?!”

 The man eyed her and glared, “That’s none of your business.” He twisted the doorknob and banged the door.

 *Oh, yes it is!* Shinyeoung crossed her arms. *Since when did you care about your stupid sister… Dong Hae?!*

 

 


 

 * Tadaima - It means 'I'm home' or 'I'm back'.

 * Onii-chan - Japanese term used to call your older borther. Onii (Older brother) -chan (Honorific. Used by cute children or young girls).

 Hello~ Hello~ Lol.

 You like the romantic part? ;)

 He went left. If you know what I mean~

 Ugh... I really hate Saturday classes. 

 It takes so much of my time, but then... there's one thing good about it - 

 MONEY. 

 Lol, yes. Money. I'm saving for the K-Pop Fantasy Concert. Muhahahaha. 

 Now, if I have saved enough for the concert, all I need to do it to convince my parents to take me there. xD 

 EXO, I'll be meeting you... SOON.

 Anyways, note me about my errors and stuff.

 Revelation Time: I'm Taotic. ('My' designer for posters) Lol. Sorry for keeping it a secret.

 Anywho, I'll keep on updating.

 Thanks for reading! Saranghae~ <3

 -dances to 'Oppa Gangnam Style'-

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHT RESERVED. ™