Shinyeoung Strikes Again

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 

A/N: Starting now, I'm gonna put these warnings in every chapter of my stories.

 


 

 It was finally Saturday. You took more or less 10 hours of sleep due to working until 2 am. You finally woke up from your sleep and rose from bed. You took a cold shower and changed your pajamas into this – 

 

 

You headed out for your daily stroll when you remembered about what Jiyoon did last night. If it weren’t for him, you would probably be drowning in a river of stress right now. You fished for your cell phone in your bag and punched letters in it.

 

 Anneyeong! This is Yun Hae.

 

 You paused and the blinking line kept on waiting for something. *Hm… What to type…? Should I say ‘Thank You’?* Frankly, you were never good at these stuff, saying thank you and all. You’ve never received such kindness from anyone else, especially if it’s a person you’ve just met and you never knew about. The only thing you know about your neighbor, Jiyoon, is his name, cell phone number, and the fact that he’s kind towards you. You’ve never even met him in person… yet. *Fine, whatever…*

 

 Anneyeong! This is Yun Hae.

 Thanks for the food last night! ^^

 

 *I’m pathetic…* You pressed the ‘Send’ button, closed the lid, and walked casually. The cold breeze of the morning struck your bare skin which led chills ran down your spine and your fine hair stand. You rubbed your cold arms and shivered. *I should’ve brought a jacket…* After a while, you felt your whole body low back down to your normal temperature when someone came from behind you and hugged you. “Yah!” you squealed. You turned around and saw Tao smiling, his lips reaching his pierced ears. “Wha… What are you doing?!” you annoyingly asked. “Yunnie feels cold, right~?” Tao pointed out.

 He spread his arms again and gestured you to hug him. Hug a guy who looks like a panda and is the son of a large company in public? No way. You don’t want insults to ruin your Saturday morning, oh no. You have your pride. “Tao. Put it down.” You gave him a straight look.

 “No.”

 “Tao…”

 “No!”

 “Fine, I’m going home.”

 You stomped your foot and pouted. You faced your back at him and started walking away. Tao pouted cutely behind your back and yanked you, “Yunnie’s a killjoy!” he grumbled as he shoved you to who-knows-where. “Where are we going now?” you asked sloppily. You didn’t bother arguing with him anymore. What’s the use of causing a fight with a guy who wouldn’t even listen? You just let him drag you some place you don’t know. “Come on! It’ll be fun~” Tao grinned.

 

 

 You found yourself standing in front of tall, iron bars which suddenly opened. The smell of animal fur and stuff suddenly ran across the air. The ZOO. Yes, the zoo. Of all places, why did Tao dragged you in a place like this? Surely he has a reason for it. “Really Tao?” you looked at him, keeping your poker face up. “Yunnie! Look over there!” Tao dragged you somewhere, yet again. He was ignoring your sour mood. For a split second, you felt like he was calling you ‘Unnie’.

 Tao and you roamed around the whole place when a certain section caught your attention. The whole cage was surrounded with a crowd of visitors. “Hey, what’s that over there?” you asked while you grabbed Tao’s arm and yanked him to the cage of black and white bears. “Omo! Tao, look!” you beamed, pointing at the fluffy panda. Tao noticed and shouted, “My brothers!” You laughed at his silliness. He reached out his arm and shouted to the world, “I’m home~! Did you all miss me?” Once again, you bursted into laughter. You covered your mouth to avoid looking like an idiot. Everyone stared at both of you now. In the eyes of people, you and Tao might be a freaky couple. But no matter, if everyone’s having fun, that’s what matters most, right…?

 “Silly Panda…” you playfully nudged Tao and giggled. He then smiled at you and the two of you fed the panda bears with bamboo sticks and leaves. After feeding them, the two of you headed for a stall which sells cotton candy. You got pink and Tao got a blue cotton candy. “I want the blue one…” you eyed Tao with puppy eyes and pouted adorably. Tao threw a raspberry and said, “I’ll be back~ Stay here, okay?” he skipped happily out of the scene.

 You sat there on the two person bench and quietly ate your pink, sweet, fluffy cotton candy. You were too busy nibbling the piece when you didn’t notice that someone sat right next to you. You glanced at your left and saw a familiar person with blonde-ish hair. He was wearing a cap facing the back and a green sweater on. The style seemed familiar to you. “Daehyun…?” you asked. He instinctively eyed you and got a bit shocked, “Yun Hae… W-What are you doing here?” “Same goes for you.” You told him. He looked at you with averting eyes, “A-Are you alone…?” “No, I was with – “

 “Well, well, well. Look who’s here~”

 Both you and Daehyun lifted your heads only to see a ‘wicked witch’ named Shinyeoung. “Shinyeoung-ssi…” Daehyun muttered, “…What are you doing here?” She dodged the question and instead, she eyed you with piercing eyes. She glared daggers at you, and so, you did too. Daehyun sat there in awe, not even trying to stop the tension heating up. Both of you were disturbed when Tao entered the scene.

 “Yunnie…?” he blinked few times at you. “.” Shinyeoung blurted out of nowhere.

“What did you just say?”

 “Are you deaf or what?”

 “Ah! Wild animal on the loose! Call the police!”

 The more you answered back at her, the more she gets angry. Daehyun and Tao chuckled with what you just said. Her eyes furrowed and she was red all over. Anytime soon, her fuse might run short and she might explode. “Just to let you know, I’m NOT going easy on you.” Shinyeoung noted. “Yeah? Well we won’t too.” Daehyun stood up and protested. He stood in front of you and protected you with his broad, wide back. “Yeah!” Tao got close to you too. He was ready to show off his Wushu skills anytime soon.

 “Tch.” Shinyeoung smirked, “You know Dong Hae… right?” Your eyes widened when you heard the name. Dong Hae. It’s been a while when you heard that name… or even see his face. You felt your body stiffen and you stood firmly, not even caring to move. Shinyeoung then flipped her hair and started walking away when… “You know Dong Hae?!” you stepped out of Tao and Daehyun’s fortress and neared Shinyeoung. “Didn’t you hear?” she turned her head to face you and gave an elegant but scary smirk. “See ya, creeps~” she exited the zoo. After that, everything felt awkward…

 

 

 “Tch. What was that all about?” Daehyun disrupted the temporary silence. Tao eyed you with anxious eyes. You were wearing a poker face, but inside, you were feeling… worried, which made Tao tear apart inside. *They’re in league… huh?* “Yunnie… Who’s this Dong Hae?” Tao asked you. “Yeah Yun Hae, who’s that?” Daehyun repeated the question. “You know that guy who always pick me up when we were in Middle School?” you asked Daehyun. “Ah… Yeah, that guy…” Daehyun answered dumbfounded. “Wait, you were classmates since Middle School?!”

 “Yes Tao. Wait, you didn’t tell him?”

 Daehyun shrugged.

 “Yunnie! Keeping secrets from me…” Tao crossed his arms, faced at the side and childishly pouted.

 “He’s my… brother.”

 “You have a brother?!”

 They asked in unison. You just nodded silently as a reply. “Well, we have… issues going on our family before I got here in Seoul, so I’ve decided to move here without my parents knowing it, and then followed my brother. Well, he…” you rubbed your right arm, “…Was imprisoned before he even got here.” Your eyes slanted while you were narrating the story of your life. “Imprisoned?! Woah…” Daehyun exclaimed while munching a bunch of Doritos. “Why was he imprisoned…?” Tao asked, who seemed to be interested in your personal life.

“Well, he was… suspected to be the one who ‘kidnapped’ and killed my grandma and was put in jail without evidence. But what really happened is that the real suspect paid the policemen to put him in jail because that man holds a grudge to our family.”

 “Word…” Daehyun kept on eating.

 “So then?”

 “He got into Seoul, and I heard, he didn’t even pay the bail yet. Simply put – “

 “A criminal on the loose.” Daehyun inquired.

 “That’s right.” You sighed. “So then, why are you worried?” Tao asked, yet again. “I might… be next. He might tell my parents about me leaving our home… or something like that. Ah! Hey Daehyun!” You called his attention. “What?” Daehyun asked, finishing his chips. “Do you know the name of our boss?” you kept on nudging Daehyun until he managed to shook his head as a reply. “Let’s ask Yong-In!” you looked at Tao who nodded at the idea. “But, let’s do that first thing in the morning tomorrow.” He smiled faintly. You nodded and faced Daehyun, “Daehyun… would you help too?”

 Daehyun looked away, flushing, “Well yeah… Didn’t I say we will protect you?” “That doesn’t connect.” You giggled. The three of you exited the zoo wearing relieved faces.

 

 “Ah!” you felt your cell phone vibrating from your pocket. “Oh! I’m curious. Yeah~” your new ringtone kept going on and on when you got it out of your pocket.

 

 You have 1 new message!

 

 You opened the lid and read it as you made your way home to your apartment –

 

 You’re welcome! Oh yeah, go home early. Something’s waiting ahead for you. ^^

 

 Your eyes rounded. *I wonder what… * You ran as fast as you can to your apartment. You saw a familiar building and ran towards it. Panting, you stared at the giant stuffed toy sitting in front of your door. “Wa…” you eyed the panda bear and giggled.

 “I wonder how can I put this in…?”

 

 

 “Where have you been Tao?!” a 6-footer, cunning man with thick eyebrows asked.

 “I’m tired, don’t talk to me.” Tao jumped on the sofa bed and stared at the ceiling.

 “Went on a date? Our maknae’s finally reached puberty.” The whole lot laughed.

 “Ha-ha. Funny. Gege! I need more money.”

 “Didn’t you brought lots with you a while ago?!”

 “Yeah… But I spent it.”

 “With what?”

 “My own kind~” Tao wiggled his eyebrows.

 “I don’t get you…” Kris sighed.

 

 


 

 Finally! An update after over a week!

 Sorry for this crappy chapter... and plot. I'm an amatuer writer. 

 Please not me about my typos or wrong grammar and stuff. That would really help~ =^.^=

 Anyways, you might wanna check the foreword. I changed the main photo~ Oh yeah, saw Kris? Kekeke~ =w=

 About the whole editor thingy, I don't need them anymore. Taotic (My usual editor) is back in action! (Sad to say, he/she doesn't have an AFF account.) But if you're interested, feel free to write on my wall.

 No classes today! I'll try to write many chapters as much as possible... 

 Not much to say today, actually... But I have to tell you one thing. Have some of you watched EXO-M's History Unrealeased Scenes/New Version? Saw Tao at  the nearly end? Hugging... ahem... Himself and all? Yeah, I Died

 IT WAS THE FIRST THING I SAW IN THE MORNING!

 Lol. Anyways, Saranghae all! <3

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.