Moving Into A New Place

(My Sweet) Panda Next Door

 

 The 3 hour ride from Tokyo to Incheon felt like a year. You felt bored for it is the first time you travel alone. It was scary, but at least you landed safely. The airport was packed with people - locals and foreigners.  The line was advancing, you are too tired to even step an inch to move.

 “Hey…” a voice called out. The guy was 183 cm tall, with hooded eyes and piercings on both ears. He looks Chinese, and he wore a black, plain sweater. He poked your cheek, signaling you to move. You’ve finally woken up from your deep slumber.  “Huh…? Wha…?” confused, you looked behind and saw the guy. His gaze softened and his lips curved into a heart-melting smile. At that time, your heart skipped a beat.

 “Um…” he pointed out the big space in between the line.  *Oh... Wait, I have been asleep the whole time?!* You ran, occupying the space in between the line. “S-Sorry for that…” you mumbled. He covered his mouth and chuckled lightly. *He thinks I’m pathetic…* You mentally face-palmed yourself.

 After half an hour, the line hasn’t moved. This time, you weren’t sleeping nor bored, because the guy standing behind you is too close to you. You can feel his warm body temperature. The line is so crowded that everyone is compressed, like sardines in a can. His body pressed against your back.

 You felt a weird sensation. Your cheeks started to grow warm and pinkish. You cupped your face, *Stop it! Babo Yun Hae! This is normal, it’s a line. It can’t be avoided…* Bit by bit, his body’s nearing yours, making you feel uneasy. You shut your eyes close, *Oh Krisus! Please help me…*

 By the time you knew, you were already standing by the counter. You opened your eyes and got shocked. *How did this happen so fast?!* “Excuse me, how may I help you?” a soft, soothing voice called out. You snapped out of it. *You heard my wish… Thanks so much Krisus…*

 


 It was a 45 minute ride from Incheon Airport to your apartment. You stepped out of the taxi and paid him and looked around. *Now I know why the rent was so cheap…* You stared at the 2 storey apartment. It was small, unlike the other building beside it. The railings of the stairs were rusty. There are 5 rooms in each storey. The paints and wallpapers were ruined. *…It doesn’t look that bad.*

 It was too weak to even hold itself. The base can’t even support the whole building, and it looks like it’s going to crash anytime soon. *Oh crud… Why’d I choose this place…?*

 You dragged your suitcases along with you to the second floor. You made your way carefully upstairs. *Whew… That was… tiring?*  You passed by a few doors until you reached Room 523. Your apartment room was the 3rd door, which is, not that bad. You stopped a few feet away the brown, wooden door. You dropped your bags and reached the door knob. You shut your eyes hard and crossed your fingers.

 *Please… Please look nice…* You finally took the courage to open the door. The doorknob twisted and you made your way in the room. It didn’t turn out how you expected it to be, in fact, its way better.

 The room was still fresh from white paint. The floor was tiled, everything was spic and span. “Holy Krisus…” you cooed. You tried to compare the exterior look of the apartment from your room. *What kind of sorcery is this…? * Astonished, you stood still, jaw wide and open.

 “Close your mouth, dear…” a voice came out of nowhere. You turned around, and saw the landlady. Like normal old women, her face was full of wrinkles, her sight nearly blind, and she was small at height. She wore a dress patterned with orange leaves that reached out to her toes, it felt like autumn. Her hair was tied up in a bun. “You might catch flies.” She continued. You innocently blinked. “She’s a beauty, am I right?” she asked. “Why yes!” you blurted out. “Well, if you’d say no, I’d probably not let you stay in my place, for free.” She walked away.

 You shot her a look and took your bags in. The landlady then faced you, “You know, real beauty is in the inside, so don’t judge so easily…” It’s like she read your mind. Your lips curved into a crescent, soft smile. “How’d you expect an old lady like me to have so much wealth in the world, eh?” she spoke suddenly. *You never failed to amuse me…* You chortled.

 

 

 “Ah!!!” You jumped on your comfy bed, “This is the life!” You bounced up and down. You took a good look around your new shelter. *Park Yun Hae, you have good taste!* You giggled as you complemented yourself. You reminisced the moments of what happened in the airport. *I wonder when I will ever see him again…* Visions of the guy you just met in the airport were running wild in your head. You shook your head, trying to erase those memories whilst your cheeks flushed pink. “Time for a nice, warm bath!” You stood up, took your pajamas and the things you needed for your bath. You’re already heading off the bathroom until…

 Knock! Knock!

 There was a knock on the door. *I wonder who it is…* You looked at the clock – 10:15 pm. I wonder who visits a person late at night. You opened the door.

 “Hello?”

 “…”

 “Um, hello?!”

 “…”

 There was no response, not even a single word. You looked side-to-side. There was not a single body, not even a shadow to be detected. I think it’s a… You gulped by the thought of being visited by a ghost. *Dear Grandma and Grandpa in heaven… please don’t scare your grand daughter like this…* You looked down. Your eyes rounded, you saw a fluffy, black and white plushie lying on the floor. Beside it was a sticky note attached -


Welcome to the neighborhood!
:3

- Room 524

 

It was a panda bear… 

 

 


 

 Anneyeong~! Author here! Finally updated my very first chapter. And it seem like it ended up with a cliffhanger.

 Anyways, just noting you all that this is not a one-shot. And it'll never will~ Keke~

 Thanks for bearing with me and waited for a couple of days. 

 Sorry for making it short! I'll try to write long ones in the near future~

 Just to inform you all, after I updated the description and the foreword, someone already subscribed to it! I just wanna cry in happiness! You know who you are~ Thanks so much! I love you! <3

 Thanks for reading!

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.