Chapter 8

Longing for Feelings

Once again I woke up on Sunday morning knowing that there is no one to be found in the apartment. Bathroom, checking Jongin’s room, eating breakfast in front of TV, going to the grocery shop and sitting in the park observing happy couples was my routine now. Then I went back to the apartment, cleaned it and made dinner. It was a good thing since it took most of my day time and I felt like I was doing something. I looked at the clock and to my surprise it wasn’t even past two. I sighed. Maybe I should just buy some snacks and rent a movie? It’s not such a bad idea after all.

 

I picked some romantic comedies and comedies to feel positive emotions. My life itself was too miserable to watch sad scenes. I bought a few small boxes of ice cream, different flavor each, some candies, cookies and bars and was walking happily down the street, straight home, when my bag tore and most of the things in it fell out. One of the packages must have made a hole, I thought and started to pick my groceries up. Or it was just too heavy for the thin fabric to bear it.

'Here you go,' I heard a man’s voice.

I looked up and got blinded by the sun. I blocked it with my hand since I couldn’t see his face properly. I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes and when it did I saw him. Shining gold hair, big warm smile. He looked like an angel. I looked at his hand and took the bar abashed.

'T-thank you,' I stuttered and when I picked up the last sweet I stood up and looked at him.

He was still standing there taking out things from his own grocery bag.

'Here, take mine,' he said and handed me the bag.

'I-I can’t…'

But my words were for no use since he started to take things from my hands and put them inside. And when he was done, he gave it to me, again with this heartwarming smile on his face. I think I have never met such cute, adorable, yet handsome guy.

'Want me to help you carry it?' he asked.

'N-no. I couldn’t. You have helped me so much already. Thank you.'

'How could I let you struggle on your own? You don’t remember me, do you?'

When he said that and I looked at him once again his face really looked familiar.

'I was at your wedding. I’m Luhan, Jongin’s friend.'

 

***

 

I felt somewhat great to know that Jongin has such a nice friend. But how come they are friends? I mean, they are totally different. Luhan seems to be so loveable while Jongin is… well, a coldhearted jerk.

I reached home and haven’t got much time to think when a phone rang. Weird, no one ever called us. Should I pick it?

'Hallo?'

'We are going to visit my parents.' I heard Jongin’s voice on the other side. 'So make yourself look nice ‘cause we will leave as soon as I come back home at seven,' he said and hung up.

 

***

 

He kept his word. We were heading to his parents house. It felt kinda odd that we did that only now.

 

We stand in front of the door and after Jongin knocked on it, I felt him grabbing my hand. I opened my eyes in a surprise and looked down. Our hands really were locked together. My heart skipped. Did he reflect on his actions and decided to make things between us go on well?
His parents welcomed us with a smile and directed us straight to the living room where we sat comfortably on the sofa. And to my surprise Joning sat close to me. So close that I could feel his body on mine. I felt my cheeks burn a little.

'Do you get along with each other well?' his father asked.

'Of course we do, dad,' Jongin assured. He covered my hand, which was placed on my lap, with his. Looked at me and gave me a slight smile. I bit my lips together as my stomach gave me a weird sensation. 'You have nothing to worry about.'

He smiled. Jongin smiled. It’s the first time ever that I saw him smile. And it wasn’t one of his evil smirks. It also wasn’t a big, heartwarming smile, that Luhan gave me this morning, but I was stunned anyway. This smile really was beautiful and made him look even more handsome. His grip on my hand tighten sending a warm sensation through my body. I still couldn’t get used to the feeling of his warm skin on mine.

I felt they all are staring at me. Oh, they were expecting me to say something.

I nod my head. 'We are good, dad,' I replied.

'Are you sure he takes a good care of you?'

I swallowed my saliva painfully, thinking about events Jongin made me gone through. What could I say? That his son abuses me to the point that I cry myself to sleep? That he calls me names? That he doesn’t really give a about me and what is happening to me? That he even hit me?

So I put on a bright smile and said 'He does, dad. He really is good to me and we are both doing fine.'

'I’m glad to hear that. I was actually worried since it was an arranged marriage and I know my son. I raised him and I know that he is not that… kind. But if you say so, then I believe you and it makes me happy to hear that. But if he ever do something bad just come to me and tell. I will make sure for him to receive his punishment,' his dad finished with a laugh.

I also laughed. 'I don’t think it will be necessary.'

 

We chatted for a while now and Jongin’s hand haven’t leave mine. I felt my body temperature rise up with every minute to the point that my cheeks were burning. So I thanked God when we needed to move to the dining room. This time he couldn’t sit so close to me and to be completely honest I felt a little sad about it. I kinda liked his warm touch.

I started to put food on my plate and when I finished I saw it being taken away. I looked to my right and saw Jongin cutting everything into small pieces. That surprised me even more. How did he know these sweet acts that I only got to watch in dramas? Even my parents never gave a show like that. How can he be so much different right now? Is that really him? Maybe this is the real Kim Jongin. He was just putting on a mask before and now decided to take it off. He reflected on his actions and wants to make us work.

I felt my heart flutter and a weird sensation in my stomach attacked once more this evening.

I looked at his features. His beautifully black hair, kissable lips, flawless skin, pretty but manly hands.

I shouldn’t stare, I thought to myself and looked at his parents. They were talking. And I couldn’t help myself and eyed him again. Hair, forehead, eyes, nose, lips, jawline, neck, arms, hands. He looked so handsome in this black shirt. I felt hot and my heart started to beat faster. He looked at me.

'There you go, honey,' he said while smiling and put my plate back on its place making a wild party appear inside me.
His tone wasn’t cold or emotionless at all. It was pleasant. And manly as ever. His words so sweet and caring. I’m sure that if I was standing I would just fell on the floor because I felt my knees being weak.

 

You make my heartbeat faster, Kim Jongin.