Chapter 7

Longing for Feelings

Me and Jongin still haven’t spoke for last few days. Today is Friday so obviously he will be out with his friends. And what should I do then? Go outside? But I don’t know when exactly will he be back. And if he will be back before me I will receive my punishment. Stay at home? And do what? I cleaned the whole house already. I don’t even have friends to call and invite them over.

I the TV and looked at the teletext. Nothing interesting. So maybe a book? Well, that’s a pretty good idea. I remember seeing a book I wanted to read in Jongin’s bedroom, when I was cleaning so I decided to go for it.

I made myself a cup of hot cocoa and sat comfortably on the sofa. I opened the book and realized that there is something in it. I thought that it was Jongin’s bookmark so I riffled the pages. To my surprise it was a picture. And not some ordinary picture like those on postcards. The really pretty girl was looking at me and smiling from it. I felt something heavy falling inside me. Who is she? Who is she to Jongin that he has the picture of her hidden in such a place?

'What are you doing?' I heard Jongin’s voice and looked up.

It really was him. How come he came so early today? Why didn’t I even heard him coming? And why he approached me instead of going straight to his bedroom as always? I was caught red-handed.

I stood up immediately and hid the picture behind my back.

'Y-you are home early.'

'Why were you going through my stuff? Who gave you the right?'

'W-what? I wasn’t…' 

'Don’t play stupid and give me that back,' he said with cold voice and reached out his hand.

'W-what?'

'I said don’t play stupid,' he repeated through clenched teeth.

Making him mad was something I don’t want, so I decided to just hand him over the picture.

'Who is she?' I was surprised that I asked that question. And as soon as I did I bit my tongue and slapped myself mentally for doing so.

'You don’t need to know. It’s none of your business,' he said, took the book and with care, hid the picture back inside.

Why he cared so much about that picture? Does he love the girl from it? I felt my stomach clench painfully.

'I do,' I said quietly with my head hung low and he stopped halfway to his bedroom.

'What did you say?' 

'I do,' I repeated louder. 'I do need to know. I’m your wife after all. I have a right to know,' I looked at him and saw his scoffing smirk.

'You have no rights. Only papers say that you are my wife.' Jongin walked into his bedroom and put the book back on its place. 'I don’t want to see you touch my things ever again,' he said and walked out of the house.

And I stood there with this weird pain inside.

 

 

Jongin’s POV

 

I didn’t want it to happen again. It wasn’t supposed to be like that. After talking with my mother I decided to do as she said. I even planned something for us tonight but when I saw her holding Jiyeon’s picture I couldn’t just pretend that nothing happened. And when she asked about her identity what was I supposed to say? Truth? No way. Lie? What kind of lie would explain me keeping a picture of a girl hidden in a book?

Aish! I feel frustrated.

I really wanted to get along with her. That’s why I came back earlier - to tell her that I invited my friends over because I want them to finally meet her properly. Well, they even asked me for it for a long time now, since they only saw each other at the wedding and couldn’t get to know her better. We should be preparing everything right now and have some good time together. But we ended up fighting again.

Aish!

I took the phone out of my pocket and called Luhan.

'Change of plans. Same place as usual,' I said and hung up.

 

My mom is right, Jiyeon-ah. I need to let you go. I’m sorry.

 

 

***

 

 

'What happened, Jongin? We were supposed to meet your wife,' Luhan asked.

I just motioned him to pour me another drink.

Lay looked at me weirdly and said:

'You can’t always come back home drunk. It has already been months. I understand that you were upset about that whole marriage thing at the beginning but you should get your mind straight now and come back to your senses.'

'Hyung, what do you even know? Have you ever been forced to marry someone? Or live together? Take care of that person? I don’t like it. I don’t like her and am still too young for that. I wouldn’t mind if she was someone I chose but she isn’t,' I said and filled my stomach with alcohol.

'She seemed pretty fine to me,' I heard Sehun say.

They knew that while saying all those things I was thinking about Jiyeon but none of them dared to say a thing about it. Well, at least I thought so.

'You should say from the start that you still love Jiyeon,' it was Tao.

'Shut up.'

'Oh, come on Kai. We all know that. Besides, if you don’t want to be with your wife just use her as much as you can and get a divorce.'

'It’s really simple for you to say.'

'It is simple. I would hit on her after so don’t make her a total mess. She is kinda my type,' he said and winked. This guy. 'But heartbroken girls are easier to get, right?'

I glared at him and felt rising anger. Can I punch him already?

'But what happened this time?' Luhan asked once again.

I looked away and mumbled:

'She found Jiyeon’s picture.'

'And got mad?'

'Well… No… Actually I… kinda did… And… said a few harsh words… maybe…'

Did… did Kris just facepalmed?

'Are you stupid or what?' Kris asked. 'Why do you even keep a picture of her now, when you are married? Seriously. Besides, she left you. And it’s been two years now. Two-freakin-years! Just explain it to me, how come your love,' he emphasized word ‘love’ 'for Jiyeon was never an obstacle for you to get laid with another girls but is preventing you from a normal relations with your wife?'

'You can’t relieve all your bad emotions about this marriage on her. It’s not her fault. Maybe she didn’t want this marriage also,' said Luhan.

'I can’t help it! Just seeing her makes me angry.'

'Maybe you want me to take care of her?' Tao asked.

And I once again send him a death glare.

'Back off, Tao. Maybe I don’t have feelings for her but she still is mine, she belongs to me, she is my property and I won’t let her cheat on me!' I almost screamed as I got pretty angry.

'Hey, you shouldn’t say that about your wife. She is a person also. You should not call her your property,' said Sehun in his usual, calming tone.

'Who said anything about cheating?'

'Because I know you, Huang Zitao.'

'Maybe I could be a good friend for her,' he continued, ignoring my words. 'Make her smile a little bit. She looked so beautifully nostalgic that night, like she was longing for something. Something I’m sure you can’t give her. But maybe I could. She would be happy, you wouldn’t need to worry and I would have someone to entertain me. And everyone would be happy.'

'You are stepping on a thin line. I’m warning you, Tao. Don’t piss me off.'

He just smiled to my words. Well, he knows wushu.

'It’s been months and you still don’t know much about her, am I right?' I nod. Luhan got a point there. 'Just try to get to know her. Maybe she is not that bad after all,' he finished. 

'And you can always do as Tao said. Use her as much as you can and divorce,' Kris added.