Chapter 20

Longing for Feelings

She was already gone when I woke up in the morning. I was left alone to find out how our apartment is screaming with dead silence when there is only one person in it. I the TV and went to the kitchen to make myself a breakfast. To my surprise, everything was already set up, waiting for me to eat it. I smiled to myself, thinking how considerate she is. It was so nice being taken care of, wake up in the morning and eat food someone made for you with love.

Unpleasant feeling filled my stomach and my smile faded when I realized I can lose it.

 

I did all the things I had to, wandered around the house for no reason and after a few hours of sitting on the couch and watching TV I felt extremely bored. Why she needed to start her job now? Oh, right. She only started to work not long ago. So what was she doing for this whole time alone? There wasn’t much she could do. She also didn’t have any friends back then. I got back from work late and didn’t pay any attention to her. I felt someone stick a needle in my heart. It must have been suffocating and lonely for her to be with me.

Again, I caught myself thinking about her. I pitied her because she stayed like this for days, when I, in fact, couldn’t bear one. I didn’t even have the strength to go out. 

 

 

 

***

 

Your POV

I delicately pressed the knob and pushed the door, not to make a smallest sound. But quietness of apartment assured me that Jongin is sleeping. Somehow, I couldn’t run into him. My feelings were still alive but being around him now, when he is sick, is a bad idea. I cared for him and seeing him in pain will only make me weak inside. Also, I didn’t want him to notice that.

 

 

 

***

 

It was quite late when I heard loud banging on the door. Surprised, who it might be, I checked on the camera to see my dad. What the hell is he doing here at this hour? At first, I thought about pretending I’m not here and not opening the door but he smashed his fists so loudly he could wake up our neighbors.

It was so wrong for me to do it. As soon as he stepped inside he started a hell.

‘What the do you think you are doing, huh?!’ He pushed my shoulder. I smelled alcohol in his breath. ‘Are you in your right mind?!’

‘Wh-what are you talking about, dad?’ I walked backwards as he constantly came at me.

‘You dare to ask?! You dare to play innocent?!’

‘Calm down.’

‘Don’t tell me what to do, you little !’

‘Dad, don’t shout, you-‘ I wanted to say he will wake up Jongin but it was of no use. I decided to back away to my room since it was the farthest place from his bedroom. I couldn’t do anything. I wasn’t able to get to my father common sense, also I didn’t have any strength to fight him. I had no better idea of what to do.

‘You dare to order me now! You brat! You little piece of ! You thought that no one will notice?! You thought no one will know?! How dare you meet with other guys when you have a husband!’ my father screamed his lungs out as I took steps back. How did he even know? Did one of his friends saw me with Luhan by accident? Or Tao? But it’s just a misunderstanding!

‘It’s not-‘ my efforts to explain failed since he wasn’t listening and just yelling by his own.

‘Do you want others to see and make rumors?! Do you want to ruin your marriage?! Do you want to ruin me?!’ My backs hit the wall. With fear in eyes I watched him taking the glass from my night table and throwing it at my direction. It smashed right next to my face. ‘I won’t let you do it! I won’t let it pass!’ he grabbed my arm and threw me on the floor. I knew what was coming next so I just hid my face in palms and waited for merciless beating.

‘Yes, you will, sir,’ the masculine voice said.

I took my arms off my face to the view of Jongin holding on my father’s fist directed at me.

‘This is my house and my wife so I will take care of it. I think you should leave,’ he stated calmly but firmly.

The anger seen on my father’s face faded, replaced by emotionless mask. He looked at me once again with despise and walked away. Jongin reached his hand to me and helped me get up.

‘I will be right back,’ he  promised with week voice, that sounded so strong and powerful when he spoke to my father earlier. I think he still is a little sick.

I took aid kit from the locker and went to the bathroom to look at the damages father made. Well, he wasn’t able to do much since Jongin came into action early. Anyhow, my shoulder was burning with pain and blood leaked beneath a piece of glass planted deep in my flesh. I tried to take it out with my fingers but it only caused me more pain when glass also pierced them. A few tears escaped me eyes. I inhaled a huge amount of air before taking tweezers in my hand and pulling it out. I heard crack of front door’s locker, so I quickly put bandage on the wound.

‘Are you okay?’ Jongin asked worried.

‘I’m fine. Nothing happened,’ I stated and wiped tears with one hand gesture.

‘Don’t do it,’ he said grabbing my hand. I looked at him confused. ‘Don’t cry alone in the bathroom. Don’t hide your tears from me. I’m your husband. You are only allowed to cry in my arms, understood?’ he commanded  with voice so soft and caring I could melt, as his words gave me weird sensation in my stomach. Then, he took me gently in his arms, placing my forehead on his chest. ‘You can cry now. I’m here for you.’ He my hair gently. ‘You are not alone. You don’t have to play strong in front of me.’

I didn’t cry because the situation my father created, they weren't emotional tears. They were caused by physical pain. But Jongin wasn’t aware of that. And I didn’t want to tell him now, when he held me in his arms so protectively. This feeling was unfamiliar and new to me but so nice. His words so heartwarming, giving off the feeling he really cares about me and stands by my side, it made me want to believe and trust him once again.

 

 

Jongin’s POV

She stood still at the beginning but after a while her hands wrapped around my waist and I could feel my shirt getting wet. She cried so soundlessly it broke my heart. I hugged her a little tighter, placed my cheek on top of her head and lightly caressed her back, allowing her to let it all out. After a while I saw bandage, which I figured out was covering a glass cut, and disappearing bruise on her arm. My eyes widened. It wasn’t a fresh but old one, so she didn’t get it now. I backed away and cupped her face to ask about it but then I noticed another one on her cheek, right below the eye. A huge bump stuck in my throat. Was I the one who did it to her? Was it then, when I slapped her and she fell? Struck of pain squeezed my heart. I felt so guilty and apologetic. At this point I realized I’m no different from her father. I thought I’m now protecting her from him but in fact, I already did to her the same thing, he was about to do. Also, the fact she tried to hide her pain under make-up made me only feel worse. Why she didn’t want me to notice? Why she prefer to suffer on her own? Why she never demanded me to apologize?
Tears started to form blurring everything, so I kissed her forehead and hugged her once again, letting a few drops leave my eyes.

‘Sleep with me tonight,’ I said. She pushed me a little and looked at my face surprised. ‘Only then I won’t be worried something bad might happen to you,’ I spoke, right when she was about to open . I was sure she will say no but I couldn’t let her leave my eyesight now. I felt like I will never see her again if I allow her to get out of my embrace. ‘Please, sleep with me. I won’t do anything you don’t want me to. I promise.’