Chapter 18

Longing for Feelings

Jongin’s POV

The phone constantly ringing in the living room was nerve wracking. Why she had to leave it at home now, when I have a work to do? I decided to just turn it off, so I touched the screen and it light up. Right when I was about push the button something caught my attention. Few missed calls from unknown number and text message from Soft Smile Hero. Even if a hundred of years passed, I would still remember all the nicknames we had at school.

 

Luhan.

 

Not only he is texting her but also she saved his number under this name! Calling him a hero!
My palms tighten. I couldn’t help myself and opened the text. Time and place of their meeting was written right before my face.

 

This son of a ! This little !

 

Pure anger took over me and my feet walked on their own. I wanted to tear apart the two of them. The visions of me beating the crap out of Luhan wouldn’t stop appearing, bringing more rage to my heart. I couldn’t believe it and I didn’t want to.

I had to confirm this. Maybe he simply chose wrong number.

I hoped for that really badly. I wanted to trust my hyung’s words. I was cooling myself down as I walked with those thoughts, but then, I saw them. Sitting, drinking coffee, he gently caressed her arm, fondly pated her head, to which she smiled so happily.
I felt dizzy, like someone hit my head. As much as I wanted to get angry, walk in there, give him a punch and take away my wife, I couldn’t. He was my beloved hyung I depended on so much, my best friend. Yet, he lied to me and is having an affair with my wife.

 

 

***

 

Your POV

When I got back to the apartment it was dark already. I thought that Jongin isn’t home or he is sleeping because not the slightest light was . I went to the nearest switch, when I heard him speak in his cold, drunk voice.

‘I saw you with Luhan.’

Frightening chills went through my body and I started to panic.

‘Out of all people… You could have choose some else…But no… My dearest hyung.’

He stood up from the couch and looked directly at me. Anger and bitterness written all over his face. I saw him in action a few times, however now I really was at fault and he could prove it. I did wrong and I knew it. I was deadly frightened. My hands immediately got cold and whole body started to tremble. I couldn’t let him get near me, not when he is in this state. Not with this much of anger and hatred in his heart and alcohol in blood. The best thing I could think of to do, was locking myself in a room, so I raced there quickly, almost tripping on my own legs, as I knew Jongin was right after me. I managed to turn the lock when he grabbed the knob and started furiously pushing on it. Then his fist hit the door and I jumped in place.

‘Do you think you can run away from me?!’

He smashed the door once again. And again. I hid myself in the farthest corner of the room, hugging my knees while constantly trembling. I was never this afraid in my life. I was imagining the worst, how he breaks the wooden door and beats the out of me.

‘Don’t think I would let this slide!’ Jongin screamed, continuing letting his anger out on my door.

I covered my ears with palms and shut my eyelids tightly, praying for this nightmare to end.

 

 

***

 

After that Jongin didn’t come back home for a few days. I decided to go and give him lunchbox, since I knew he barely leaves his office now, so he skips meals often. Also, I wanted to explain that situation with Luhan. I knew it wasn’t anger speaking through him but resentment. He was just devastated and felt betrayed because Luhan is his best friend. I needed to clear that up as soon as possible but he didn’t come home at all.

Soon, I saw Jongin walking out of the building with the corner of his lips pulled up. It looks like today he decided to go out and eat. I’m lucky. He is in a good mood, maybe he spoke with Luhan already, I thought and smiled little brighter. But soon my smile fade away when I saw woman walking beside him. Not just ordinary woman. I recognize her immediately. It was the girl from the picture that I found in one of Jongin’s books. I remember how mad he was about it. She looked really pretty in the picture but was even prettier in real life.

She locked arms with him and with that little gesture, which I have never had opportunity to make nor even dared to do, she made him happy enough to be rewarded with shy, lovely smile.

My heart dropped. How could he show such a loveable side of him to another woman, while he has a wife?

He walked closer to the street and caught a cab for her.

‘Be careful,’ he said and opened passenger’s door.

‘I will, oppa. Don’t worry,’ she replied, tiptoed and kissed his cheek, before getting into car.

My heart pierced pain and my insides cramped. I couldn’t believe what I saw. She not only called him oppa but also kissed! And his face showed nothing but a pure happiness. If I wasn’t who I’m, if I didn’t know him, I would definitely thought how cute couple they are. But the reality is different. It was just a short moment but long enough for me to notice that there is something going on between them.

 

This is not happening. This cannot be true.

 

 

***

 

‘Who is she?’ I asked as soon as he came back, surprising myself that I can be so demanding.

‘What? Who?’ his eyebrows met and forehead wrinkled. I don’t know if he was surprised by my question or demanding tone.

‘The girl you met with today. I asked who is she?’ I felt my blood boiling as he not answered immediately. ‘Who is she to you to interlock arms with her? Who is she to you to let her kiss you?!’ My vice raised unwillingly.

‘Were you spying on me?’ He asked and I could feel the tension building up between us. His expression changed from surprised to irritated.

‘Of course not! I came to you with lunch and saw you two. And don’t change the subject. Just answer me.’

‘It’s none of your business. And why should I even tell you?’

‘Because I’m your wife! I have right to know!’ I screamed, unknowingly using the same excuse he was constantly using. ‘I have right to know why my husband lets some random girl kiss him!’

‘She is not some random girl!’ Now we both were screaming. But then from mad he went to his usual, evil, ready to pour the poison in my heart, self. ‘And don’t be ridiculous. You have no rights. I already told you that. You are no one to me,’ he put  a strong  accent on words no one. ‘No one. Don’t you get that? I don’t love you. I have never had feelings for you and never will. I don’t care about you. This, what we do, is all fake.’

I knew all of it but when he put it into words it hurt even more. This pain was almost unbearable, like someone was ripping me of from inside. My knees felt weak and tears formed in my eyes, slightly blurring the view.

‘Besides, we both already signed divorce papers,’ he finished with smirk. I was taken aback.

‘What?’

‘Don’t play stupid. The documents you signed, our little marriage deal. It’s almost like signing divorce papers, since it says we will divorce.’

‘I-I won’t… I-I won’t do it.’

‘What? Don’t act pathetic,’ he said, opened his suitcase and took out the documents. ‘I have it here and here is your signature,’ he pointed with a finger place where I could see my name. ‘Regardless what you are saying now, this marriage will be over soon.’

I wasn’t thinking back then, my body moved itself. I grabbed the sheet of paper he was holding and started to tore it into pieces.

‘What the are you doing?!’ He yelled and the next thing I knew was his hand on my cheek. I didn’t have much strength so I fell down. This time tears left my eyes, blurring everything. And when I saw him reaching out his hand to me, I just ran off.

I found myself ringing the doorbell to my parents house. Why did I come here? I didn’t know. My legs worked on their own.

Finally the door opened and I saw my dad. He didn’t look happy but I let myself in anyway. I would even say that he was little angry.

‘What are you doing here?’ He asked and didn’t sound pleased. ‘Did you escaped from your husband?’

‘I don’t want to live with him anymore!’ I really sounded pitiful.

‘What?! Are you nuts?!’

‘I want to come back home!’ I begged.

‘You must be kidding me. Go back where you came from, there is your home! Not here!’ he grabbed my arm, turned around and tried to push me out. ‘Get out, you useless thing! You woman are all the same! Just walking away whenever you want to!’ I tried to struggle but he was stronger. ‘You are no different than your mother! Get out!’ He pushed me even harder and loosened his grip but at the same time I stopped fighting back, which wasn’t that smart because I fell and hit my face painfully with the door and collarbone with the doorknob. I fell on my knees. Tears immediately appear not letting me see a thing. My dad picked me up, opened the door and threw me out mercilessly. ‘Get out!’
My crying was unstoppable.

 

Kim Jongin, you broke my heart.