Chapter 16

Longing for Feelings

‘So, you can speak perfect English, Chinese, and of course Korean. What else I don’t know about you?’ Jongin asked as he stretched on the bench, eyes still directed at the night sky.

‘I don’t think there is much to say.’

‘Well, but you lived in America, right?’

‘Yes, I was born there. I’m surprised you remember,’  I lowered my head for my hair to make a wall that would hide a shy smile.

‘Why did you come back?’

‘Because of my dad’s work. After my graduation he got a better job offer, I think.’ It was a lie. I don’t know why we came to Korea. I was just informed about it one day and I was in no position to ask about reason. Also, my dad isn’t a type of person that explains his decisions to others.

‘I see. So you spent a lot of time there. No wonder your English is so good.’

‘Anything else you want to know?’ I asked because Jongin went silent for a while. He was deep in his thoughts, which wasn’t hard to notice.

But I didn’t wanted our little conversation to end that quickly. It’s been half a year already, however we haven’t spoken like this before. We talked to each other occasionally, yet never about personal matters.

If I only knew what he was about to say, I would never ask that question.

‘How about your first kiss?’

‘W-what?’

‘How old were you?’

‘I-I didn’t…’ he looked at me with eyes wide open in disbelieve and there was no need for me to end this sentence.

‘Your first love?’

‘H-huh?’

‘You know, the first guy you fell in love with. Don’t tell me you weren’t in love.’

The first question was already bad but this is even worse. What was I supposed to say when he is my first love.

‘N-no. I a… was,’ I bit my tongue for almost saying I am.

‘Oh. Was it back in the US? How was he like? Was he Caucasian? Was he your boyfriend?’

His endless session of questions confused me to the point where my body started to tremble out of stress. I had no idea what to say and because of nervousness I couldn’t come up with good lie. Truth wasn’t an option and not answering would be suspicious.

 

Oh, God. Please, someone save me.

 

‘Kind of,’ I utter.

‘What do you me-‘

‘Kai!’ I heard familiar voice and turned around to see Luhan and Sehun coming at our direction. My prayers have been heard really quickly.

‘Having bubble tea together, that’s shocking,’ Jongin stated sarcastically.

‘It’s almost a ritual now. We go for a bubble tea and then to club,’ Luhan said not moved by Jongin's provocation. ‘Why are you all dressed up?’

‘We are on date,’ Jongin answered before I could react.

In a split of moment I felt his warm hand touching mine and grabbing it. I looked at him in shock. He smiled so beautifully that I couldn’t take my eyes of this handsome man.

 

Ba-thump.

 

My heart skipped for him again.

 

Ba-thump.

 

 And again when I felt he interlocks fingers with me. Something he has never done before.

 

‘That’s nice. We won’t bother you, then.’

‘Or maybe you want to go with us to the club?’ Sehun asked.

‘I don’t know. You?’ Jongin looked at me. My cheeks started to burn.

‘I-I haven’t been in the place like this.’

‘Then let’s go,’ he commanded.

I don’t know which direction we headed. All my attention was focused on Jongin’s palm still holding mine tightly. I didn’t even care as well where we were going. I just let him guide me. The feeling he gives me is so pleasant I literally feel happy butterflies flying in my stomach from excitement. I also couldn’t deny that I wanted his touches, I was longing for his warmth.

 

 

***

 

‘Kai-ah, maybe you will dance for us?’ Luhan inquired.

‘You dance?’ I asked curiously because honestly, I couldn’t imagine him moving to the sound of music.

‘He does. And is really good at it. You didn’t know? He was-‘

‘Cut it out, hyung,’ Jongin didn’t let him finish.

‘Oh, come on. Don’t make it a big secret,’ my husband pierced him with death glare. ‘Eh. But at least don’t be like this and dance with you wife once.’

‘Hyung!’

‘Okay, if you won’t, I will do it,’ my Soft Smile Hero said, got up from his sit and grabbed my hand to drag me onto the dance floor. I looked back to see Jongin’s hand floating in the air.  

 

 

Jongin’s POV

I didn’t like it. I didn’t like it at all. Luhan could spill out my past just like that just pissed me off and putted me down at the same time. I lost my feel to party. But the fact that he used it and took his opportunity to take my wife from me got me really angry. And I was too late to take her hand and keep close to me, which drove me mad even more.

 

Is he really hitting on her? Please, anyone but not hyung.

 

But after a while I realized I’m not mad at him or her. I’m mad at myself for not being able keep her by my side. Painful twinge pierced my chest.

I directed my eyesight to the dance floor to see the two of them gambol happily. Tao was right. She was all smiley and overjoyed. I’m a hopeless husband to her. I could now notice how pretty and innocent she is while putting a shy smile. And y, swaying her shaped hips from side to side.

A wave of heat went through my body when I remembered she didn’t have her first kiss yet. And I could be the one to take it.

 

 

***

 

‘Hyung, can I ask you something?’ I took the chance being alone with Luhan, when she and Sehun went for more drinks for us.
He nodded his head in reply, letting me continue.

‘Do you… Do you like my wife? Tell me honestly’

‘Yeah, I do,’ I could feel my heart stop for a second. I wanted to say something but I couldn’t. My voice stuck in my throat. ‘She is nice. And pretty,’ he continued, making me feel as I was falling into the deep dark hole.

‘You… You l-like her?’ I repeated in disbelieve. ‘B-but… hyung…’

I could notice his face changed, like only now he understood what was I asking about.

‘Oooh! You mean like her in this way! No! Of course not! She is my firend’s wife. I was just implying that you are lucky to have her. It could be so much worse, looking at the fact, that this was an arranged marriage. Actually not marriage but pure business. Where did you got that idea from anyway?’

‘Tao came to me and blabber some nonsense about you dating my wife behind my back. It doesn’t matter. I knew hyung wouldn’t do something like this to me.’

‘To be honest, Jongin, I-‘

’Shush, they are coming back.’