AUGUST - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

 

 

"You traitor." Baekhyun told his brother who was sitting fidgeting on his bed. "We separate one afternoon, one afternoon, and you come back here like this!"

He paced in front of Tao. Clasping and unclasping his hands. "You come home with a cut, a limp and your own dorm! And you're saying there's only space for one more person there. Only one!"

"You're shouting, gege." Tao pouted.

Baekhyun sighed. He couldn't really get properly mad at Zitao. It wasn't in him to get angry at his baby brother. His baby brother who kept saying "I'm nineteen already" and who's half a foot taller than him.

"You really don't want to live with me?" Baekhyun slumped beside Zitao, the fight already gone from him.

"I'm sorry, gege. I don't know why, but when Duizhang asked if I wanted to stay in his dorm I just had to say yes." The younger boy shrugged.

"Who is this duizhang anyway?" He was puzzled. Zitao doesn't normally trust strangers but obviously this Kris person was different. It was in the way Tao talked about him.

"He's our college rep so you can trust him. And he's like way taller than me. He's blonde and he's handsome enough, I guess."

That really didn't say anything at all about the guy, Baekhyun thought. But he relented.

"Well, if you really want to stay with him, then okay." Tao gave Baekhyun a bear hug. Baekhyun sighed against his brother's shoulder. "Where do you suppose I'll stay now?"

"But didn't you tell me you already had two places in mind?" Tao asked.

"I do but just think how much it will cost if I have my own dorm. I chose them because we were supposed to be two people living in it. It will be expensive for me alone."

"Then let's just find you a roomie."

"Yeah and that will be so easy, right?" Baekhyun bit his lower lip. "I have to move this week so I can settle down before formal classes start next week."

Baekhyun's thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked at the door. "That must be Kyungsoo!"

He opened the door immediately and let his friend enter. They were hanging out the past few weeks since Kyungsoo learned that Baekhyun doesn't really have friends in the city. He was kind and funny and occasionally he brings his boyfriend, Jongin, along when they go out. Although sometimes he had to avert his eyes when they cuddle together. They were too sweet.

"Ready?" Kyungsoo asked. He was supposed to accompany him and Tao dorm hunting today.

"I do have a problem." Baekhyun started. "My very kind and considerate brother just told me that he already found a dorm room near his school."

"Oh, that's great." His big eyed friend said.

"Great for him, yes, but not for me. The dorm he got already has a built in roommate."

"Oh." Kyungsoo frowned in thought. "So now we have to find a dorm for you."

"Yes. And the ones we shortlisted are good for two. So either I find a roommate or I find a dorm for one." Baekhyun rubbed his neck. The exasperation he felt for Zitao earlier was returning.

"Well, you're lucky! I do know a friend who has a spare room in his dorm. He's been living alone for years. And he's rarely at home all day anyway so he probably won't mind a dorm mate." Kyungsoo said excitedly, eyes widening some more.

"Really?" Baekhyun felt relieved but then again Kyungsoo said his friend has been living alone. What if he just wants to stay that way?

"But are you sure? I don't want to impose..." Baekhyun paused as he heard Kyungsoo laugh.

"Don't be silly. My friend's the kindest person in the world! He drives me insane sometimes because of his innocence or ignorance or whatever but I love him. He's really great. And he's always happy. Although, I don't really see him that much lately..." Kyungsoo trailed off in thought. "But yeah, I can call him right now."

Baekhyun was grateful for Kyungsoo's help. He really was glad they became friends. He saw him take out his cell phone and Baekhyun waited with bated breath as he dialed his friend's number. I hope he agrees.

 

 

 

"Hello? Chanyeol? I have a friend..."

Chanyeol was barely listening as Kyungsoo was speaking on the phone. He was too busy being depressed. The past five months were just hell. Not only did he loose Baekhyun, he also lost his little angel.

His hand automatically reached for the empty place in his chest where the pendant used to lie. He got the necklace four years ago. He was passing by a jewelry store when the necklace in display seemed to call to him. He felt he just had to buy it and he has worn it ever since. He rarely takes it off because he considers it his lucky charm.

When he feels sad or troubled he just traces the grooves of the angel wings and he feels better. He feels safe.

"So can we come over now?" Chanyeol heard Kyungsoo say.  He looked around his dorm and saw magazines lying around. Video games and shoes everywhere. That may be a sock near the TV.  He doesn't really care if he gets a roommate. He'll do it for Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, anytime." Chanyeol forced himself to stand up and at least clean the dorm, well the parts that were easily visible anyway.

Not long after. He heard a knock on his door.

"Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo said from outside.

"The door's open." He answered. He surveyed the room for any more stray objects and almost forgot to get the troublesome sock from the TV. He picked it up just as the door opened.

"Kyungsoo-ah! Long time no... see..." Chanyeol's eyes widened as Kyungsoo entered with his friend. He was dreaming, right?

There in his dorm was Byun Baekhyun staring at him and looking as surprised as he.

"Baekhyunnie, this is one of my best friends, Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol this is Byun Baekhyun, remember him from the graduation performance?" Chanyeol could barely nod. Kyungsoo was probably looking strangely at him now but he couldn't tear his eyes away from him.

"Children where are your manners?" Kyungsoo asked looking to and fro his two friends. "You could at least shake hands."

Chanyeol looked blankly at Kyungsoo. Shake hands? Shake. Hands. Yeah. Shake hands, how does that work again? Then he saw Baekhyun offer his hand and then he remembered. Shake hands.

He lifted his hand towards him but then he saw Baekhyun look at it strangely.

"You see? I told you my friend's nice. He already has a welcoming gift for you." Kyungsoo said with a laugh.

Chanyeol didn't understand what the shorter boy was saying until he looked down and saw the dirty sock in his hand. He felt heat climb up his cheeks as he quickly stuffed the thing in his pocket.

"That was really nice of him." Chanyeol heard the lilting sound of Baekhyun's laugh. He felt warm again. Then he noticed Baekhyun's hand was still there waiting for a hand shake. He was almost afraid to but he'll look more stupid if he didn't so he inhaled deeply and reached out.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol quickly let go of Baekhyun's hand and asked Kyungsoo.

"He's the friend you're talking about? The one... who'll dorm with me?" He looked at Baekhyun and was amazed that the beautiful boy was smiling at him as if he was really happy to see him again.

"Yup." Kyungsoo answered. "Do you have anything in the kitchen? I could whip up something for us to eat while we discuss about Baekhyun moving in."

"Uh, I think there's some stuff there..." He said, still feeling a little overwhelmed.

"Okay, I'll leave you two here to talk first. I'll just call you when I'm done." He and Baekhyun watched Kyungsoo disappear to the kitchen.

"So uhm... Yeah." Chanyeol ran his hand through his messy hair. Then he almost groaned remembering how he looked in his tattered jeans and wrinkled shirt.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol thought he'll have a heart attack.

"You were?" Chanyeol was almost afraid to believe it.

"Well, Park Chanyeol I may have something you're looking for."

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun's beautiful slim hands touched the zipper by his neck to open his closed up hoodie. Is he... stripping? He almost choked at the thought. Of course not, idiot.

Baekhyun stopped halfway and reached inside his shirt. When his hand came out it was holding his necklace.

"My angel..." Chanyeol couldn't believe it. Fate was really having fun messing up with him. He thought he lost the necklace forever but here it was safe and sound. His angel. And yes, Chanyeol wasn't sure if he was referring to the pendant or the one wearing it.

 

 

 

"I found it in the bus stop the day we bumped into each other. I just knew it was yours. I'm sorry I kept on wearing it since then because I was hoping we'd see each other again and... Don't worry. I really took good care of it..." Baekhyun was babbling to cover the silence as Chanyeol just stared at the necklace in his neck.

He was still kind of shocked to know that the boy he was looking for was Kyungsoo's friend. Park Chanyeol. He felt a little giddy. He finally knew his name.

Although, he was getting flustered because the tall boy was still silent and was still staring. "Here." He reached behind his neck but his fingers were unsteady and he can't seem to unclasp the necklace.

"Let me help." Chanyeol said so Baekhyun started to turn around. But then Chanyeol stepped close and put arms around him to reach for the clasp. Baekhyun suddenly found it hard to breathe. He was so near. His cheek was almost brushing against his hair. He felt a crazy urge to bury his face against the crook of Chanyeol's neck again just like last time.

He felt Chanyeol's hand brush the back of his neck as he worked on the clasp. He steeled himself from trembling with the slight touches. Finally, he felt the clasp give and was waiting for Chanyeol to step away so he could breathe normally again but the tall boy wasn't moving.

Baekhyun looked up to see him looking down at his face. Chanyeol started to say something which brought Baekhyun's attention to his lips. They looked soft. And they were just a few inches from his own so he couldn't possibly look away, can he?

"Guys? The food's ready..."

Baekhyun stepped backed guiltily from Chanyeol and the taller boy did the same. He saw Kyungsoo look curiously at both of them from the kitchen doorway, having caught them in a strange almost embrace and Baekhyun blushed as he remembered the way he was ogling Chanyeol.

"I was just-"

"He was just-"

They both spoke at the same time and Kyungsoo raised a brow.

"I was just helping Baekhyun take this off." Chanyeol showed him the necklace. "I thought I lost this five months ago."

"Oh, was that the one you were looking for backstage? Well, it's great that you finally found it."

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol gaze at him for a moment before answering Kyungsoo. "Yeah, I finally found it."

He felt his chest clutch because with the way Chanyeol said it, it's as if he was talking about him and not the pendant. Which was stupid, really. Why ever would he look for me?

They were ushered to the kitchen by Kyungsoo who was obviously bent on making him feel at home in Chanyeol's dorm. Baekhyun wanted to laugh as he saw Chanyeol snatch some things littering around and stuff them into his pockets which are now, together with the sock earlier, quite full.

"The rooms are quite comfortable and there's space for other stuff. The rent's affordable as well. What do you say? Do you want to stay here?" This from Kyungsoo while they were seated around the table eating.

"I'd love to." Baekhyun answered. If he was being honest to himself, it was not really the spacious rooms or the rent that made him decide. It was the person seating right next to him. He just has this unexplainable urge to be closer.

"That's great then. When will you move in?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I can do it tomorrow. I'll have my brother help me out."

"Okay. I bet Zitao can carry all your things in one go."

"Who?" Chanyeol spoke for the first time since sitting down. He looked stupefied. "Who did you say?"

"Zitao, Baekhyun's brother. He's nice, you'll like him."

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol's lips move but no sound came out at first.

"Yeah, uh. You're brother, huh?" Chanyeol looked intently at him.

"Yes."

Baekhyun was surprised when Chanyeol's lips suddenly broke into a smile which made his eye twitch endearingly. He was more surprised though when he said, "I love him already."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late updates, and them being blah ones, too. 
Next two chapters will both be Baekyeol and will involve more action(?) since the misunderstanding about Tao will be cleared up. So do expect more romantic-slash-fluffy chapters after this nightmare...
I'd like to hear from you though so I'll know where I screwed up... so I can write better updates.
 
THANKS GUYS!!!