November - Baekhyun and Chanyeol

Anywhere with You is Heaven

It was the perfect gift.

Baekhyun was skipping happily on the sidewalk, looking very well like a five year old kid on his way to a candy store. He just found the perfect gift for Chanyeol's birthday tomorrow and he couldn't wait to give it. He wanted to giggle and twirl with glee but the people around him were already looking at him strangely so he tried to contain it and just smiled a really very big smile not unlike Chanyeol's.

He's been searching long and hard for what to give his boyfriend. It had to be special, just as special as the taller boy was. He wanted to give something that will tell Chanyeol how much he loves him while at the same time remind him how awesome Baekhyun thinks he is.

There was yet a word invented that can capture the way his heart sings just because Chanyeol loves him, too. It's more than love, more than the beauty of holding hands and of waking up beside each other, more than light pecks on the cheeks and soft, deep mating of lips. It's each caress and soft whisper of his name. It's... It’s Chanyeol and everything he is.

Baekhyun traced the bump of the small box in his pocket and remembered the day his boyfriend gave him the angel pendant.

 

He then let go of Baekhyun and took that something out from his pocket. He held up a silver chained necklace, its pendant was a silver figure of an angel with crystal wings. "I had a dream the other night, don't laugh, where you told me that you were my guardian angel and that you said you'll protect me always. Yesterday, I saw this when I was passing by a jewelry store and it reminded me of you. I realized that since I met you, you have always taken care of me even when I don't deserve to be. You wake up early and stay up late just for me. You follow me to school and back, so I have fewer bruises now and those I get when I 'm not with you or when I don't listen. I appreciate that you don't follow me as much now because you trust me enough to think that I can go out by my own. I needed that. But I still miss you every minute we're apart. You have always protected me and I guess, my dream was true. You are my angel."

"It's beautiful." Baekhyun said looking at the necklace in Chanyeol's outstretched hand.

"You're more beautiful to me." Then Chanyeol held up the ends of the necklace with both hands and fastened it around the neck. His neck.

Baekhyun looked a little surprised and confused. "Ah... I thought...

"This is mine. You are an angel already, you don't need this." Chanyeol explained. "Looks good on me, right? I get to have a mini Baekhyunnie near my heart. Always." He said with his big toothy smile.

 

He stopped on his tracks. Wait. Did that happen? But no, they were on the park not on the rooftop. Baekhyun laughed at himself. Where did that come from? "I must be getting old." He shook his head.

But it was strange, though. The memory was so vivid. Although it must be because he dreamt about it before. He has a lot of dreams. Some that stays with him when he wakes up while some don't.

He shook his head again to clear it. No time to think of such things anyway since he still has to prepare for the party tomorrow. He'll have little time to as it is since it's a school day but he's thankful that Chanyeol has practice so he won't be home early.

This is the first time they'll spend Chanyeol's birthday together and he promised himself that it will be the first of many perfect birthdays for his boyfriend.

Baekhyun was pretty sure that he'll still be skipping, well as much as old rheumatic knees will allow, and he'll still be this happy for the next fifty years or so. And more importantly they'll still be together because they are Baekhyun and Chanyeol and what could ever tear them apart?

Baekhyun reached the dorm and went on to the bedroom to hide the gift in his drawer, patted it before slipping it beneath a folded shirt. He went on to get his list of things needed for the preparations to double check if he has everything ready.

There was enough food planned to feed an army although there were only four people coming over. Well, a total of six since you have to count Jongin and Sehun's stomachs separately from the person themselves. He dialed Kyungsoo's number.

"Kyungsoo-ah..." He started.

"I already know," came his friend's reply. "I'll go there with you tomorrow to help you cook so don't worry."

"I'm sorry. It's just that-"

"You want to make it perfect. I know that, too." Kyungsoo said with a smile in his voice. "I'll feel the same if I were doing it for Jongin. Or maybe not." He joked.

"Okay. And also one more thing..." He can feel himself blushing with just the thought, how can he ever voice it out?

"What?"

"You see... tomorrow night-" Gosh, this was difficult.

"Byun Baekhyun are you... are you trying to tell me what I think you're trying to tell me?"

Baekhyun reddened even more. "What do you think I'm going to say?"

"Is this about a certain kind of gift that, well... I don't even know why I'm letting you get me into this discussion."

"Because you're boyfriend is Jongin. That about explains it." Baekhyun said a little teasingly.

"You have a point. And you've succeeded in making me blush so another point for you." Kyungsoo sighed. "So what do you want to know about tomorrow night?"

"I just... Is it okay?" Baekhyun wished to hide in a cave and never come out but this was important. He never thinks of such things. But with Chanyeol.. it was just different. "I mean, we've been going out for barely a month and well, I just... Uh..."

"Stop okay? I can hear your feet digging on the floor. Just think about this. It's not about the length of time you've gone out or known each other. For me it's what you feel is right. So if you think it's time, then do it. If not then don't." Kyungsoo sighed again. "I am so not the person to talk about this."

"Again, I'm sorry." Baekhyun said gratefully. "One last thing-"

"What?" Kyungsoo said with some exasperation.

"Thank you." There was a pause before Kyungsoo spoke.

"No, Baekhyunnie. Thank you. For being everything we wished for Chanyeol and more." The younger boy said seriously.

"It's because he's everything I wished for, too."

"I believe now is the time we hang-up before we make a mess of ourselves and cry."

Baekhyun smiled thanking the heavens for Chanyeol and his friends, too.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're awake?" Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun yawned into his hand and languidly stretched himself on the bed. "What time is it?"

"Still early." He answered, adoring how his boyfriend can barely keep his eyes open.

"Then why are you awake?" His boyfriend asked confused maybe because Chanyeol rarely wakes up before Baekhyun. The shorter boy turned to his side so they can lie face to face.

"It's my birthday."

Baekhyun finally opened his eyes completely and laughed. "I know."

He was probably smiling his derp smile but Chanyeol cannot contain his excitement for the day. "Happy birthday to me."

"Happy birthday to you." Baekhyun laughed again, albeit sleepily.

"I get to have a happy birthday kiss I think." He leaned closer to Baekhyun but the older boy scooted away.

"But I haven't-" He cut off his boyfriend's protest with his lips. He doesn't care about anything. Every and any kiss from Baekhyun is perfect. He pulled back only when he felt Baekhyun poke his chest.

"You're really impossible." But Chanyeol can see him smiling.

"I really am." He pulled Baekhyun close again.

"You already had your birthday kiss."

"Yeah. This is my good morning kiss." Then proceeded to put his lips on top of Baekhyun's and cupped the side of his face. It was much slower this time, Chanyeol loving how Baekhyun's lips fit his like they were sculpted for each other. They were like that for some time when the alarm clock sounded then Baekhyun broke the kiss.

"Now, it's not early." The elder said almost breathlessly.

"Five more minutes?" Chanyeol asked. Cause really, it's his birthday anyway.

"Forget it." His boyfriend said and proceeded to playfully smack his face with a pillow. Chanyeol was momentarily blinded. He tried to catch Baekhyun but the boy already got up and stepped over him to reach the door.

"Get up now. Long day ahead." Then he disappeared through the door.

Chanyeol stretched across the bed. He wouldn't mind getting older every year if he gets to spend it with Baekhyun like this. He imagined himself old and wrinkly decades from now and probably Baekhyun would be old and wrinkly as well but he'll still be the most beautiful person to him. The dream of swollen and age spotted fingers still entwined, that is happiness right there.

"Chanyeollie!" He heard Baekhyun call out. He got up quickly then. It was gonna be a long day, yes, and he was very much looking forward to it.

 

 

There was a spring in Chanyeol's steps as he went down the bus and walked back to the dorm. The day went by quickly with some of his friends from school and the agency wishing him a happy birthday. He even got a present from the trainer and from the looks of the wrapper he'd say it was a shirt. He always gives the trainees the agency shirt for a gift.

He got a text message from Baekhyun saying that his friends were already over at the dorm. He entered the door to the lot of them waiting by the sofa. There was a very loud "Happy Birthday!" followed by hugs and pats and pinches and even a kick on the from Sehun.

But the best was Baekhyun's bear hug, kiss on the nose and his whispered, "I love you, old ahjussi."

He gave him a peck on the forehead and returned with a "But you're still older than me, hyung."  That got him a small punch in the stomach.

"Guys, we're still here." Jongin teased.

He laughed at his friends' knowing expressions but did not let go of his boyfriend. "Thank you." He told Baekhyun and the hug just got a little bit tighter before the shorter boy stepped back to invite everyone to eat.

It was great hanging out with his friends especially since they haven't seen each other that much for the past two weeks. They haven't changed, any of them, well not that much anyway. Jongin was still his confident and arrogant-brat self but he is somewhat tamer because of Kyungsoo. Eomma Kyungsoo, his forever raised eyebrows much lower now. Sehun was still a kid but then he grew up a little because of Luhan. And Luhan who was still as pretty as ever was a lot softer now because of Sehun.

And then there's Baekhyun who he hasn't known for long but he'll gladly spend all his tomorrows with. How can he be so lucky?

He would have wished that the party could have lasted all night but they still all had school tomorrow so it wasn't long before his friends prepared to leave.

"But before we go, we'll give you our present." Kyungsoo handed Chanyeol a small box.

"Shucks guys, you shouldn't have."

"I told them we shouldn't have," Sehun said."But they insisted. So there, I have to buy thicker ear plugs after this."

"I don't know what to say. Thank you!" He said. His friends give him a gift every year but Chanyeol still feels grateful every time.

He followed the four to the doorway where they said goodbyes amidst more pats and hugs. After closing the door, he returned to Baekhyun who was gathering the dishes from the table.

Chanyeol hugged him from behind. "Thanks again for tonight."

The older boy turned in his arms. "But I haven't given you my gift yet."

"I don't need one. Having you with me is enough."

"It is?" Baekhyun asked with a tilt of his head.

“Yeah.” He saw a gold ribbon from the cake box on top of the table and grabbed it. Baekhyun let out a surprised laugh when Chanyeol tied the ribbon loosely around Baekhyun's neck. "There. The best birthday present ever!"

Baekhyun took out a small gift box from his pocket. "So you won’t need this? You’d rather I return it?"

Chanyeol chuckled at the teasing glint in the older boy’s eyes. He took the box from his hand and placed it on the table. He returned to wrapping Baekhyun in his arms. “I’d rather you kiss me.” He whispered.

Baekhyun raised himself on his toes and joined their lips. He slid them back and forth over the contours of Chanyeol's. Chanyeol thought that there was something different, the shorter boy's response was more heated than before.

"Baekhyunnie." He can't help but murmur as Baekhyun's lips travelled the distance to his jaw and placed small kisses there.

Chanyeol's arms tightened, angling across Baekhyun's back. He felt him step back, pulling Chanyeol with him until they were against the bedroom door. Chanyeol slanted his mouth over his boyfriend's, his big hands tracing down his delicate spine which made Baekhyun press closer and mold himself to him.

"Chanyeollie." The elder gasped as Chanyeol nuzzled into the spot just below his ear. "Chanyeol."

They got inside the room, still locked in the embrace. Chanyeol slowly walked the shorter boy backward until the back of Baekhyun's knees hit the bed. His heart was thundering in his ears. Was this really happening?

They gently fell across the bed. Chanyeol broke the kiss to gaze at and touch Baekhyun's flushed cheeks. "I love you."

They lay side by side, closer than close. And Chanyeol remembered this morning and all the mornings they've been together. He can feel Baekhyun's racing heartbeat match his own and this is how he wants to spend all their future nights forever.

He put one arm around Baekhyun as his other arm cradled the other's head. He let his mouth glide over the side of Baekhyun's face and let it rest against the older boy's neck where a pulse throbbed heavily against his lips. Baekhyun arched towards him and Chanyeol shifted, his body ending half covering his boyfriend's, their legs tangled. He rested his head against Baekhyun's shoulder. The position was perfect, just perfect.

They were lying like that for a few minutes and Chanyeol was enjoying the closeness when he felt Baekhyun turn his head to look at him. "Chanyeol?"

"Hmm?"

"Uh... Is that?" He can see Baekhyun hesitate before speaking again. "Is that it?"

 "What do you mean?"

He was puzzled as he saw Baekhyun blush some more. "We, uh, kissed."

"Yeah, we did."

"We are on the same... bed."

"We always are."

"I know... but."

"Hmm?" He nuzzled his boyfriend again. He has no clue what Baekhyun was getting at but this feels nice.

"It's your birthday."

"Yeah."

"So-"

"So?"

Then the older boy looked at him blankly then promptly burst out laughing and Chanyeol can feel the quivering of his shoulder since Baekyun held him tighter. He was confused though but his boyfriend didn't say anything else. He can't help but smile at Baekhyun's childish giggles even though he's pretty sure it was him he was laughing at. But then he sobered and said, "I love you, Chanyeol." And pecked him on the chin.

Chanyeol thought Baekhyun could laugh at him anytime as he leaned down to give him a proper kiss.

 

The shorter boy was already asleep when he tiptoed to the kitchen to finish cleaning up. Baekhyun was probably tired from all the preparations the way he drifted off to sleep as they were talking. He saw his two presents on the table, the one from Baekhyun and the other from his friends. His heart swelled with joy as he read the card that accompanied Baekhyun's gift.

 

To My Chanyeol,

Happy Birthday!

It was so hard to look for a gift for you. TT__TT

But when I saw this I knew I found the right one.

Just like how I knew you were the right one.

Wear it so you can always think of me as I always think of you.

I love you.

From Your Baekhyun.

 

He opened the box and he laughed at what he saw. "It's perfect. Thank you." He whispered.

Chanyeol placed the gift back inside its box and started to open the other one. There was also a card which says: Happy birthday, man. You're practically ancient. He's betting Jongin wrote that.

He lifted the cover of the small box and in it was a shiny, black guitar pick with 박 찬열 , his name in hangul, engraved in gold.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SERIOUS A/N: 

Guys, Remember in Into Your World, when they parted at the end?

It was said that Chanyeol would lose his memory and it will be AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED.

Everything came back to the point before Chanyeol met Baekhyun. So NO his friends won't have ANY MEMORY of Baekhyun, too.

Just to answer a comment and to clear that up. 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry, this should have posted sooner but internet was being repaired.

I'LL THINK MYSELF SUCCESSFUL IF BY THE END OF THIS CHAPTER YOU ASKED YOURSELF:

- why does it seem the crazy author just copy-pasted this from Chan’s birthday fr IYW? But not really..

- what's with all the parallelism (oooh, big word)?

- why is Chanyeol such a clueless troll? (as much a troll as the author)

- what the hell was Baekhyun's gift gdi?

- what kind of chap ending was that assdflkjhg?

- why am I still reading this crap? OTL

 

This chap is a strong example of why I don’t write lurv scenes.

AND IF IT WASN'T CLEAR NOTHING HAPPENED, OKAY?

LOL AT MYSELF. But seriously guys, I NEED FEEDBACK. :)))

3 CHAPS TO GO PLUS THE EPI. Next, VALENTINES DAY. WOOOOHOOO.

 

PS. I entered a writing thing in livejournal so next update may be delayed a bit.

Will just finish a fic there and ill post here asap.

KAMSAHAMNIDA and SARANGHAE.