60 Seconds

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu stared at the closed door, and for a while, he just stood there, feeling lethargic. He wondered if that was the last time he'd ever look at her smiling face and listen to her voice. It was hard to breathe when he had that thought, feeling his chest etched in pain.

 

 

Is this really happening?

Why does it feel like everything is unreal?

 

 

"Han Thora." He called out to the door, wishing that she would open the door again and smiled at him again. But no one came to the door. Sunggyu went back to the room where he lay down on the bed and stared at the empty space where she used to lay; shrinking to the wall.

 

 

Are you really going away?

 

 

He lay there until it was almost 4.30p.m and getting up and fixed his hair and clothes, he left the house and walked down the street until he reached the main road and took a cab.

 

 

I'm coming, Han Thora.

 

 

When he arrived at the hospital, he went straight to the operation theatre and saw her mother and Kangjun waiting outside it. They saw him and smiled feebly to each other. He then was looking at the lamp sign and when it went on; he closed his eyes and felt his shoulders dropped on their own.

 

 

Han Thora, you don't need to be scared. I'm right outside...

That's why...

You must come out...

 

 

"Why did you come so early? It's going to take 4 hours." Her mother asked; when he sat on one of the chairs. "You should come when it's almost finished."

"I want to wait here." He said, smiling.

 

 

I'll wait however long it takes.

As long as you come out.

 

 

 

"Did you manage to do what you and Sora were going to do?" She asked, after a while.

"I'm not sure... But we sure did a lot." He said, smiling awkwardly.

 

 

Sora's mother looked at him for a while. "But you took good care of her these past days, so, thank you."

"It's nothing. I like her anyways." He said, looking down his hand after flashing a smile to her mother.

"Are you sure?" She asked, jokingly.

"Of course. I'm going to marry her if you don't mind." Sunggyu said, looking at Kangjun who made a face at him.

 

 

Sora's mother laughed earnestly but there was a hint of sadness in it. "I'm glad there is someone who is willing to marry her. I thought she's going to end up marrying her CDs and books."

 

Sunggyu laughed a bit as well and looked down his hands. "Han Thora is a great person. I like everything about her and I owe her a lot. There's no way she's going to let me get away with it."

 

"Is she now?" She smiled and joked. "My daughter marrying an idol? I think I'm going to be quite famous after this."

"If you wish so." Sunggyu said, smiling widely. "Will you let her marry me?"

Her mother looked at him, with a rather sharp gaze before smiling. "You're going to have to ask her yourself. I really don't mind; as long as my daughter'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter