You can't!

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

new subscribers... hello. I didn't expect this at all... What happened?? Can someone tell me?? O__O 

and thank you for reading... my new poster is laughable, is it not? =_=

 

"Han... Thora?" Sunggyu found himself almost shaking, looking down on Sora who was limped and she was turning blue. A nurse was saying something but he couldn't hear it and he felt sick when the nurse scrambled to take Sora away from him.

 

"No!!!" He cried, looking frantically at the nurses who had their faces hardened.

"Sir, please step aside so that we can administer CPR to save her!" A nurse said, sternly; in her voice and in her eyes.

 

Sunggyu was unmoving so some people including a patient pulled him away. He didn't struggle as he felt so lethargic and his mind was in haze. He watched the nurse pressing down Sora's chest and he was felt terribly horrified.

 

Yah... Stop it...

She's going to break if you do that...

Stop it, stop it please...

 

Sunggyu was about to get up when some hospital attendants came carrying a stretcher. They heaved her onto it, and rushed away, leaving the flock of people behind in silence. Sunggyu got up, and stumbled to follow them all the way to the emergency room where he looked in frantic of people all around the room, saying something like 'there's no response', 'prepare for shock' and the monitor was beeping in that long never-ending beep.

 

"Clear!"

 

One.

 

"No response."

 

"Clear!"

 

Two...

 

"Still none!"

 

"Higher."

 

"Clear!"

 

Three.

 

"Raise it."

 

"Clear!"

 

Four...

 

That long beep suddenly came into life, though weak but her pulse came back in the end. Sunggyu almost collapsed himself at that time, feeling his heart beating too fast. The nurses and doctor were saying something but Sunggyu's ears were still buzzing from the long monitor beep. Sora was put on life support and pushed away and Sunggyu was trailing behind in confusion until they reached the ICU where he could not go further.

 

"Han... Thora." He could only watch from the outside through the glass wall of Sora lying down with the gas mask. He closed his eyes, trying to clear the block in his throat.

"Andwae yo, Han Thora... You must get up."

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't know how long he just stood there with his forehead against the glass, calling her name repeatedly when her family came. He turned to them and her mother had never looked that drained and tearful. They entered the ward, flocking over Sora, blocking Sunggyu's view. His heart was sinking deeper and deeper.

 

Kangjun went out a moment later with his brothers and he was looking at Sunggyu intensely.

"You... Why was she outside?" He asked, with a slight tremble in his voice.

Sunggyu couldn't reply him. He had the answer but he couldn't gather the words. Anything he says at that time would rather be pointless too, providing that Kangjun was mad enough to lose his rationale.

"If anything had happened to her..." Kangjun clenched his jaws, his hands were turning into a fist. "I'll kill you."

"Oi, Jun." His brother came from behind. "That's enough."

 

Kangjun was pulled away by his brother but he managed to flash a fierce gaze at Sunggyu. Sunggyu couldn't even feel Kangjun's wrath as he was too dazed by everything that happened too fast. He kept on standing there until her mother came out and saw him.

 

"She'll be fine. They're going to keep her in here for 24 hours for a treatment." She said, weakly.

"Is she going to be alright?" Sunggyu asked, and couldn't hide to the helplessness in his voice. "What happened to her?"

"She had a cardiac arrest. Her heart just stopped beating..."

"Stopped... What will happen to her now..?"

Sora's mother looked at Sora through the glass. "The situation seems to be favourable since she received immediate resuscitation... But..." She looked away, wiping her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Sunggyu said, his voice unclear. "If I had told her to just stay in bed... Then..."

"It happened already." Her mother said, in an anguish tone. "We can just wait..."

 

 

 

Sunggyu was forced to go home though his heart was left behind with Sora at the hospital. He wanted to stay but her mother told him to go and hearing her tone, he knew that her mother was partially blaming him. He couldn't blame her though; it was partially his fault, he thought.

 

When he arrived home, he saw the kids were looking through some boxes in the living room.

"Hyung! Look at what we've got!" Woohyun said, excited.

 

Sunggyu looked down on them, without saying anything. His eyes were solemn but he tried to smile.

"Hyung's fans are so generous. They sent you a lot of ginseng!" Sungyeol said, looking through the stuff.

"Whoa, what's this? Matching T-shirt? Woogyu? What is this?" Myungsoo said, holding up a shirt.

 

EVeryone was looking at the shirt interestedly.

"Hyung, our fans are telling us to get married." Woohyun said, laughing.

Sunggyu smiled weakly.

"Hyung?" Woohyun finally noticed his face. "What's with your face?"

Everyone looked up to him, their happy expressions fading a little.

"I'm just tired."

"You're okay?"

"I'm alright. It's just... Woohyun-ah, I'm going to use the room for a while. Do you mind?"

"Dae? Oh... sure..." Woohyun eyed Sunggyu anxiously, watching him walking into their room.

 

Sunggyu lay on his bed, taking a deep breath, he muttered Sora's name. "Han... Thora."

Then he covered his eyes with his arm, and cried till he fell asleep.

 

 

 

He woke up early the next morning with his eyes puffy and red and Woohyun who noticed this was looking at him with concern but he did not ask anything. Sunggyu was quiet all the while they were riding to someplace for a schedule. This time, everyone was there and they were excited and noisy in the van. The CEO bought a new van but everyone decided to just ride one. Sunggyu could only smile sadly to himself.

 

 

He tried his best to act cheerful during the shooting, laughing along to everyone's jokes and then he was asked to tell his story about the experience he went through.

"Even if I tell it, it'll sound quite unbelievable." Sunggyu began. "But eventhough I was under coma under three months, I was not alone." Sunggyu said.

 

Han Thora..., he said in his hearts. "and the members were always there. I think I could really feel them even when I was sleeping."

 

The whole set nodded their head, looking at Sunggyu warmly.

"But hyung, we didn't visit you that much." Woohyun joked, bringing laughter to the set.

"Ah, really? No wonder it was quiet! The kids are very noisy most of the times. I finally got some sleep that I deserved." Sunggyu said, jokingly.

Everyone laughed.

"Hyung had become Sleeping Beauty." Dongwoo commented while laughing.

 

The schedule ended and Sunggyu said he had to go somewhere. When the others asked where, he shook his head.

"Must be visiting sis-in-law." Sungyeol said, smiling giddily.

"Do you need a ride?"

"Ani. I'll just go by myself." Sunggyu said, smiling to them.

"Don't be home late." Sungjong said, looking concerned.

"Can I go with you?" Woohyun asked, after everybody had gotten into the van.

"I need to go alone."

"Will you be alright?" He asked again.

"Don't worry. Just make sure to have something for me to eat when I get home."

Woohyun was still looking worried. "Oh... Take care, hyung."

 

Sunggyu watched the van moving away and he went out of the building, and walked a bit farther to avoid the fans and hailed the first taxi that he saw. It took only a few minutes to arrive and he went straight to Sora's ward, just to find her unmoving from yesterday's position.

 

And just like that, another day had passed.

 

 

He received a text from Kangjun the next morning.

 

She's awake.

 

Sunggyu jumped out of the bed and gave him a call immediately. "Is she okay?"

"She's a bit out of it but she's fine." Kangjun said, flat. "Can you come here now?"

"Dae? Now? I have a schedule..."

"Really?" He sighed.

"Is there anything?"

"No... it's just that... You were the first person she asked for when she woke up just now."

 

Sunggyu's heart skipped a beat, and it was painful than what he would have thought it would be.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." He said.

 

He was jumpy in his chair trying to finish the schedule for the day. He talked vigorously until the MC told him to slow down as he couldn't understand him. Sunggyu however took little notice of everybody's complains. He couldn't wait to go meet Han Sora and that was all that mattered.

 

He went straight to the hospital after he was finished with the schedule. He tried to calm himself down but he couldn't as he was feeling rather nervous. He arrived at the ICU and saw her through the glass; there was no one in the ward. She seemed to be sleeping but the change of position of her hand told him that she did wake up that day. Slowly, he opened the door of the ward and walked inside, briskly up to her bed.

 

He didn't get the chance to say anything when she opened her eyes and saw him. "Kim Sunggyu...sshi"

Her voice was weak but clear. Sunggyu almost tear up. "Han Thora."

Then she was quiet and was looking at him, blinking slowly. "Kim... Sunggyu-sshi."

"What is it?"

"I... had a dream."

"A dream?" He reached for her hand.

"I saw you..."

"Me? What was I doing?" He asked, gently.

She blinked heavily and smiled. "You were calling me..."

"Calling you?"

"Um... Many, many times... It was dark..."

Sunggyu thought about it. "That's not a dream."

"It's not...?"

"No, that was a memory. It was that night when you were stabbed."

Sora casted her gaze at Sunggyu's chest. "Memory..."

"Yes... Did you have any other dreams?" He asked, hoping.

"No..." She said, sadly.

"It's okay. How are you feeling?" He finally asked.

"Cold." She said.

"Do you need a thicker blanket?"

"No... It's okay." She shook her head a bit. "Kim Sunggyu-sshi...?"

"Um?"

"Were you scared...?" She asked, her eyes were sad.

"Scared?"

"I... died." She said, slowly.

"Han Thora..." He nodded his head. "Dae, I was scared that I felt like wetting my pants."

Sora smiled. "That'll be embarrassing."

"Wouldn't it be?" Sunggyu smiled too. "That's why you need to stop scaring me."

"Mian... he..." She said, her smiled was fading.

"It's okay. I'm so glad to see you, Han Thora."

"Me too..." She said, a tear escaped her eye and she closed her eyes, gripping Sunggyu's hand a bit before releasing it.

Sunggyu stood up and kissed her forehead for a long time before caressing her cheek. "Sleep well."

She smiled without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter