"Don't look."

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Don't look... Don't look... Please," Sora cried, covering her eyes with her hands, her tears were gushing out furiously but her voice was weak. "Don't look..."

"Yah... Han Thora..." Sunggyu looked at her face, feeling a deep hollow feeling inside him before pulling down her blouse and covered her torso. Sora was sobbing loudly, with her left palm covering her left eyes and the back of her right hand covered the other eyes. "Thora..."

"Don't look..." She cried again.

"I'm not looking anymore, Han Thora. Han Thora... Mianhe." Sunggyu touched both her hands and easily lifted them off her eyes, but her eyes were still shut tight with unstoppable tears.

 

Sunggyu's eyes were blurry then and he realised he was crying when his voice cracked when he called her name again. "Han Thora, don't cry. I'm not looking anymore."

 

Not knowing what to do, he lay down beside her and pulled her to him, patting her hair softly.

"Shhh... Han Thora, it's okay. I'm sorry, so please don't cry anymore."

 

Sora however was unable to stop crying and she was sobbing hard that her whole body shook. Sunggyu was caressing her back, slowly, muttering 'I'm sorry' and 'Don't cry' endlessly. It took her more than just a few minutes to cease her tears, and she was hiccupping a bit.

 

Sunggyu felt his phone vibrated and took out his phone. "Ah, I found her. She's okay. I'll bring her home in a while. Um... wait. Thora... Kangjun wants to talk to you."

Sora shook her head and tugged Sunggyu's shirt.

"I'm sorry but she..."

"I understand... Just make sure she's safe." Kangjun said and hung up.  

 

Sunggyu put his phone away and went on holding Sora, heaving a deep breath and held her closer. He wanted to ask but there was no way for him to do that. Sora was still crying a bit when she suddenly tugged his shirt and gripped on it, while trying to get up. Sunggyu sat up immediately and helped her up. When she sat up and leaned against the wall, she was gasping for air for a while before she became calmer. She still refused to open her eyes and her hands were limped on her sides.

 

"Han Thora, are you okay?" Sunggyu asked, not knowing where to touch her. He ended up reaching for her hands, asking why they were so cold. "Where does it hurt, Han Thora?"

 

 

She opened her eyes, and it looked it was painful just to do so. She looked down the bed first for a while before looking up to Sunggyu. She bit her lips, and some tears oozed out of her eyes. Her hands that were in Sunggyu's broke free and she held out her hands, and Sunggyu came closer and she touched his cheeks, lightly so and slowly pulled his face closer to her chest. Sunggyu turned his face the other way and his ear met her chest where he could hear her heart beating, more loudly as time passes.

 

"Han Thora...?"

"Listen... listen carefully..." She said, with difficulty.

 

He listened to her heart beat... one by one...

He was unsure at first but her loud heartbeats were fast. They were too fast.

 

Her hands left Sunggyu's cheeks and fell limped on her sides again. She shut her eyes again.

"Han Thora..." He called her when he pulled away. She didn't answer but she furrowed.

"Is your heart... hurting?"

 

She bit her lips and her eyes were still tightly closed.

"Open your eyes and look at me, Han Thora and tell me."

She shook her head, almost furiously.

"Han Thora." I held her shoulders. "Open your eyes!"

Her head dropped and she was getting out of breath again. She removed Sunggyu's hands and scrambled down the bed and Sunggyu could only watch, not knowing what to do.

 

 

Why was he always at loss of what to do?

 

 

He clearly saw her put her feet down first before wanting to stand up and as soon as her hands left the bed for support, she dropped to the floor almost immediately.

"Han Thora!" He jumped down the bed and held her shoulders. She was biting her lips and crying silently, holding her feet. His eyes travelled to her feet and it wasn't something he was expecting; her legs were swollen, as if pumped with water.

 

"Han Thora..."

"Don't loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter