What is this...

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kangjun got down on her and shook her badly, calling out 'noona' repeatedly. When he received no response, he picked her from the ground and carried her to the clinic nearby. His own heart was killing him when the doctor was tending Sora.

 

So when the doctor went out and told him her sister was awake, he felt like his heart was going to burst for real. He went into the treatment room and found Sora sitting up, looking a bit confused but soon regained her sense when she saw Kangjun.

"Yah!" He screamed.

"Wha... what?" Sora looked at him, surprised.

"Don't... scare me like that again." He said, sitting down on the chair beside the bed. "I thought my heart was going to stop."

Sora felt so guilty looking at him. "Mi... Mianhe."

Kangjun wiped his eyes quickly. "Forget it. Let's go home."

"Ohh."

 

They walked home and Kangjun kept on glancing at her.

"The doctor told me you fainted because you ran so suddenly. Is it related to your heart?"

"Um, I guess so. The result for the monitor isn't out yet. Probably tomorrow."

"What will it be?"

"I don't know. The doctor said if my heart is beating out of rhythm then the medicine I'm taking could help out but if it's too above the okay level... she said I could do some surgery to remove some of the muscles..."

"Surgery."

"Yeah~ They have to like... cut your chest and take out your heart and everything." Sora joked.

"Noona, it's not funny."

"It's not?" Sora laughed wryly. "Anyways I don't really have to go for surgery. Maybe the medicines would help."

"I hope they will."

"But they'll make me weirder, you see." Sora smiled, looking at Kangjun.

"It's better that way." Kangjun said, smiling to himself. "Who were you chasing anyway?"

"I'm not sure but that person was taking pictures. I'm worried."

"Maybe you got it wrong."

"Maybe so."

"Maybe it was MY fan." Kangjun said, laughing.

"Oh? You have fans?"

"Don't you know? I had a fanclub back in school."

"You did." She laughed.

"But, noona-ah..."

"Um?"

"I think it's better for you to stay away from Kim Sunggyu. He has a different life compared to us."

Sora looked down on her shoes. "You're right. A different... life."

 

 

She went to the hospital again the next morning, told her doctor that she fainted again and received a good scolding on her monitor result.

"The diary and the number of times you pressed the button are totally different. Did you write properly everything that happened?"

"Um... nope."

The doctor sighed. "Wear this again today and come back tomorrow."

"Eh? Wear it again?"

"The data is not sufficient."

"I understand." She said, sighing.

"And remember to stay hydrated and don't strain your heart by suddenly running."

 

She was attached to the monitor again, with the wires all dangling on her again. She held the monitor which was on the right of her waist and sighed continuously. Having nothing else better to do, she took a walk in the hospital park watching the other patients walking with nurses and families and probably their friends. There were a couple too, seated on a bench and was laughing cheerfully. The girl wore a snow cap and her face looked very thin but she was able to laugh properly.

 

Sora sat down and scolded herself mentally, reminding herself that her sickness wasn't that bad and she should just be extra careful and that was all.

"There are many more people out there with much heavier burden than the one I'm carrying! Um! Han Sora, hwaiting!" She said to herself, furrowing and then she smiled to herself before she saw a middle-aged man was groaning in pain just in front of her.

 

She stood up and walked over to him, holding his back. "Ahjussi, are you alright? Ahjussi!"

The man was clenching his chest tightly and some nurses came over but the ahjussi collapsed and Sora fell down with him. "Ahjussi!"

The nurses performed some emergency treatment on the man and soon he was carried into the hospital. Sora didn't know why she was following them but she followed them all the way to the emergency room. The doctor came and Sora was standing outside the curtain area and heard the monitor beeping. She clenched her hands together and waited with her heart beating furiously. Then she heard it.

 

The monitor went into that long beep and it resonated so clear inside her ears.

 

"Ahjusshi..." She mouthed when the doctor asked for the defibrillator and the sound of bed shaking came. The doctor asked for higher volts twice before he performed some CPR but... it was too late. The long beep wouldn't stop.

 

Sora felt her knees weakening as she walked out of the emergency room and slamming her body against the wall, she dropped onto the floor, feeling herself shaking. She shut her eyes and tried to breathe properly and a nurse came over and asked if she was alright. She shook her head and told her she was okay. With all the might left in her, she walked to her car and without starting the engine, she pressed the button on her monitor and wrote in her diary, with tears coming out of her eyes and she couldn't stop them although she tried hard.

 

"Hwaiting, Han Sora... hwaiting..." She cried.

 

 

Sunggyu was having some difficulties concentrating on the interviews that day. He had seen the pictures of him outside Sora's house that morning and it was disturbing him very much. He wanted to give her a call but he had to go out early that day. The MC was asking him something but he asked the MC back, makin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter