"Nae maeum... apeuda."

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunggyu took out his phone to call her but he received an incoming call just at that moment, from the CEO. He sighed and answered the call. He was to meet up with the CEO at the company and there was no way for him to say no. he hung up and noticed Woohyun standing beside him, looking somehow distraught.

 

"Mission failed." He said, smiling sadly.

"Sorry I got you involved in this." Sunggyu said; couldn't hide his disappointment as well.

"Nah. I did nothing in the end." Woohyun said again, laughing wryly. "I was hoping she could at least remember something. Like what happened with Hoya and Sungyeol."

"She's taking too much time to remember. I'm worried." Sunggyu said, furrowing.

"There's still a lot of time left, right? Take it slow, hyung."

"Hmm... I need to go meet CEO-hyung now."

"Is there something?"

"I don't know. Let's go together then?"

 

They went to the company and went straight to meet the CEO. It was revealed that Sunggyu had so many pending interviews ever since the news that he had recovered was out. Sunggyu looked at the list wearily.

"Of course we don't have to do them all in one day. You should not push yourself either."

"I understand."

"Perhaps one or two in a day would be okay for you?"

One or two in a day would probably take all day... But that was his job and there was no way that he could decline them. He knew that the days of leisure were over and it was time to get back onto track. It was just a few weeks after he woke up but for the kids, they had been waiting for three months. It was unfair to hold them back just because of his personal matters...

 

"Sure." He said, taking the schedule with him. Woohyun said nothing as he watched the discussion. When they went out of the room, he asked Sunggyu what he was going to do with time restricted then.

"I have to go to the interviews but I also need to make Han Thora remember. I can do it. Don't worry."

"Of course. You're not our leader for nothing." Woohyun said, smiling brightly.

 

Sunggyu could only smile back but inside, he was still calculating, counting and thinking endlessly.

 

 

 

 

Sora brought her car to a stop after 10 minutes of driving. She felt her heart was beating too fast and then it was too slow that it was making her dizzy and she scrambled for her medicine. She rested her head against the seat and tried to breathe properly. She shouldn't have got so worked up like that. She shouldn't have left like that too... What will Kim Sunggyu-sshi say now? Who was she anyway...?

 

She drove home after 15 minutes of resting, and spent the day sleeping on the couch after crying a bit. When Kangjun came home and saw her, he wanted to yell again but he stopped himself and scratched his head when he saw Sora's swollen eyes. His sister never cried that much but once she did, it was always hard for her to stop. He touched her hand which was dangling from the sofa, asking himself why it felt so cold.

 

"Noona?" He called her softly. "Noona~"

She opened her eyes and saw Kangjun and rolled her eyes and turned to the other side. "I'm sleepy... don't disturb me..."

"If you sleep now, you won't be able to sleep at night." He said, poking her back.

"I'm tired."

"If you sleep then you're going to get more tired." He nagged again.

 

Sora turned to Kangjun. "You're so noisy."

"When was I ever quiet?"

"True. Haha. Jun-ah."

"What?"

"Lend me some money?"

"What for?"

"Just lend me some."

"Ahhh wae? You're going to buy new CDs again?"

"Ani. I just want to borrow some money."

"What are you going to do with it?"

"No, I just want to borrow it but I'm not going to use it."

"Mwuh? What are you saying? Borrowing but you're not using it. Why are you so weird?"

"It's just~ Maybe I will have something to buy after borrowing it."

"Aish, you're becoming weirder each day."

"Perhaps it's a side-effect from the medicines?" She laughed. "I'm tired and feeling dizzy too."

"I can see that. Maybe you should stop taking them." He said.

"Should I?"

Kangjun regretted his words then. "Um, you know that you can't do that. Of course, you have to take them or else-"

"I'll die."

 

Kangjun's mouth hung open for a moment looking at Sora whose eyes suddenly became distant. He cursed himself and wanted to say something before Sora laughed suddenly and stood up.

 

"So are you going to lend me money?" She asked, smiling like nothing happened.

 

 

 

It was hard for her to explain her behaviour as Sora herself couldn't understand it. She was trying to act cheerful and like nothing happened but in truth, she was scared. She was so scared that her heart might just go into arrest for all of the sudden.

 

Sunggyu called her that night but she just sang along to the ringtone for as long as he was calling her.

 

" Before the dawn.. Before the dawn.. nae maeummaneun jipchagi aniya. Before the dawn.. Before the dawn.. neol bandeusi kkok jabanaego sipeo"She sang, quietly.

 

"Nae maeum (my heart)... apeuda (hurts)." She said, looking at the ceiling which was getting blurry.

 

The phone rang again and Sora sat up and took a deep breath before answering it.

"Kim Sung-"

"Han Thora, where are you?" Sunggyu asked rapidly.

"At home." Sora said, quietly.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Sora said, trying to sound normal.

"Are you... mad at me?"

"Mad at you?"

"For this evening."

"Ani..."

"Is it because of your sunbae...?"

"Ani. I don't really mind about that. It's just that... Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

"Dae?"

"Why is it you want me to remember?"

"That... because... the memories I had with you for three months were precious. You should not forget such memories, Han Thora."

"Wouldn't it be better if... you had gone back to your body earlier? Why did you have to wait that long, Kim Sunggyu-sshi?"

Sunggyu was silent for a moment. "I told you before right? I tried but I couldn't."

"You should have tried harder." She said, quietly. "Because if you were to go back earlier, then the others wouldn't have been waiting that long and... you wouldn't have to make me remember so many things."

"But still, it was because I couldn't and I'll make you remember, Han Thora."

"It's really pointless, Kim Sunggyu-sshi. I can't recall seeing you beside sunbae that day. There were just sunbae and me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter