"It's pointless."

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What's wrong?" Sunggyu asked again, looking at her with unusually widened eyes. Sora was looking at him, unblinking, not knowing of what to say.

"Dongwoo... Jang Dongwoo-sshi." She uttered, which came out like a whisper.

 

Sunggyu was too shocked to even say anything for a moment. It was Hoya who stood up and clarified the situation.

"You remembered?" He asked, his face looked a bit hardened for some reason.

Sora looked from Sunggyu to Hoya. "I can't be sure but I feel there's something off..."

"You're right. It's Dongwoo who was supposed to be here, not Sungyeol." Hoya said again. "Hyung, seems like she's remembering?"

 

Sunggyu was unable to say anything but he didn't let Sora's shoulders go and soon enough, Sora herself removed his hands from her shoulders.

"Rather than remembering, I felt it." Sora said, her gaze was searching the ground. "It didn't feel right, seeing Sungyeol-sshi coming."

"You're getting there, Thora." Sunggyu finally spoke, and wanted to hug her but he reminded himself that he was with Hoya and Sungyeol and there were people passing by as well. He only smiled at Sora, taking in heavy breaths.

 

"Seems like we're done here?" Hoya said. Sungyeol who ran over immediately cried out.

"But I didn't even get the chance to make an appearance!" He complained.

"I'm sorry." Sora said, looking at him apologetically. Then she realised she was standing with Infinite members around her, making her choked a bit.

"This is the infamous Han Sora?" Sungyeol asked, smiling to his ears.

"Infamous..." Sora muttered to herself.

"I have to thank you for taking care of our leader all this while. Thank you." He bowed, still smiling giddily.

"Oh... It's okay..." Sora said, at loss of words.

"You can go home now." Sunggyu said suddenly.

"Just like that? You have to at least treat us something!" Sungyeol complained again.

"Aish, this kid!" Sunggyu began but then he cleared his throat when Sora looked up worriedly. "I'll buy you some chicken later."

"Too bad I want it now." Sungyeol said, smirking. "Let's eat together, with Han Sora."

"Eh?" Sora looked at Sungyeol, feeling dizzy looking up at such a tall person.

"I told you later!" Sunggyu raised his voice again.

"I'm hungry." Hoya said, making a poker face.

 

Everyone didn't say anything after that and they made their way to the nearest restaurant. Some people were looking at them and whispering among themselves and Sora was feeling very uncomfortable when someone held up her phone to take a picture.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi, I think I'll just go home now."

"Wae yo?" He asked, looking at her, blinking.

"It's just that..." She looked around and saw another person wanting to take a picture and she turned away. "I have something to do at home. Kangjun! I need to pick up Kangjun somewhere."

"But..." He too seemed to notice the people taking pictures. "I'll just tell them to stop taking pictures."

"No, you don't have to. What will people say?"

 

At that moment Hoya stood up abruptly and bowed first before addressing the people in the restaurant.

"Excuse me. Thank you for noticing us but can I ask a favour from you people?"

"Dae~!" The restaurant erupted into such uproar.

"We're here to have some meal, so would you mind not taking any picture of us? I'm sure nobody wants to see a picture of Sungyeol spitting his food everywhere while talking, right?"

Everyone laughed.

"Can you do it?"

"Dae~!"

"Thank you! Please keep supporting Infinite!" He bowed and sat down, raising an eyebrow to Sungyeol who was scowling at him.

 

"Well, that did it." Sunggyu shrugged. "Come on, sit down now."

 

Sora looked around her and noticed some people were still looking at her strangely. Manager-hyung who happened to come into the restaurant at that time sat down beside Sunggyu, making Sunggyu made a face but Sora quickly sat down beside the manager. She didn't really want to be sitting beside Sunggyu. That would be too much for her, and unfair to his fans in the restaurant...

She ate her food in silence most of the time and even though Sunggyu kept on putting in meat into her bowl, she didn't have much appetite to eat. She ate with her face down, hiding her face using her fringe.

Hoya and Sungyeol were busy talking to the manager with Sunggyu nodding and commented on things once in a while. Sora was too absorbed in hiding herself that she didn't know what they were talking about.

 

Sunggyu wanted to talk to her but since manager-hyung was in the middle, he could only watch as Sora slowly munched her food. He wanted to make her join the conversation but they were talking about practice and their plans for the next comeback, to which the manager-hyung told them to keep their voices low; especially Sungyeol.

 

When they finished eating and went out of the restaurant, Sora just wanted to run away from there since there were so many people, Infinite fans, waiting in front of the restaurant already. Sunggyu was soon too confused to move and Sora managed to slip away. She walked a bit and turned to see Sunggyu, Hoya and Sungyeol surrounded by the little crowd, with their manager trying to keep some distance.

 

Sora stood there, put up a hand, hoping for Sunggyu to notice her. Sunggyu was looking around him in frantic, with the fans kept on calling his name and asking about his condition. She waved a bit and walked away to her car. She tried to smile to herself but it was quite hard and she was tearing up again, cursing herself and asking why she parked her car so far away.

 

"Pabo. Han Sora, you, pabo." She wiped her tears and went on walking, hearing the sound of the fangirls calling out Sunggyu's name disappearing.

 

Sunggyu finally noticed Sora was walking away, and he wanted to call her out but it'd be wrong. He let her walked away and said 'see you' in his heart quietly.

 

She went home and was greeted by her whole family in the living room. She gulped when everyone turned to her. Even her two brothers were there and her mum looked at her wearily. She walked over to them and sat down on the armchair, not daring to look at anyone.

 

"Sora-"

"I'll be fine." She said abruptly. "I'm taking my medicines and as long as I do everything that the doctor told me to, I'll be just fine."

"Sora..." Her mum's voice cracked, making her sad.

"So, don't worry about me!" She said, looking up to everyone. "Let's just act normally so that my heart could also beat normally."

 

She smiled and looked away again. "If you guys keep on making that face, I won't be able to smile either..."

 

No one said anything until Kangjun jumped from his seat. "Yah, noona, you bought a new phone didn't you? Let me see it."

Sora looked up to Kangjun standing in front of her and smiled. "Oh. It's a grandma's phone. There's nothing interesting."

"Still." Kangjun shrugged. "Ah, I'm hungry. Hyung, you brought a cake didn't you? Noona, go make some tea."

"OH!" Sora sprang from her seat and went into the kitchen. She poured the hot water into the kettle and took in the fragrance, thanking Kangjun in her heart.

 

 

Kangjun offered to drive her to the hospital the next day but she turned him down, saying he should let her live her life normally and that Kangjun being too nice to her will make her heart beat furiously.

"Pabo." Kangjun made a face before sighing. "Be careful."

"Don't worry!" She said and went out and drove to the hospital.

 

She had to wait for an hour before she could meet the doctor and when she got into the room, the doctor was explaining to her about the monitor. She was also required to write a diary of what she does on that day. Some electrocodes were attached to her chest and the monitor was slung across her chest, resting near her waist. She felt a bit uncomfortable at first with all the wires stuck across her abdomen but she ignored it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter