It's not right.

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dr. Kim looked at Sora but was unable to say a word to her. Sora got up and went to the sink and washed her face and looked at herself in the mirror before bowing to Dr. Kim.

 

"Sora, you need to undergo some tests to decide how your condition is. Only then can we decide what sort of treatment and med-"

"Later." She interjected. "I'll come by later."

"Sora."

"Right now, I need to send him away first. I need to send Kim Sunggyu-sshi away first."

 

She bowed again and went out of his office quietly. The first thing she saw was Sunggyu standing up and walked over to her. She looked down his shoes and said nothing until Sunggyu himself held and pulled up her face into his view.

 

"Oh, Han Thora, were you crying?"

Sora looked into his eyes before removing Sunggyu's hands. "I'm alright." Even her voice sounded different then.

"Did the doctor say something? Is there something wrong, Han Thora?"

"Ani... Dr. Kim was just consulting me on some matters. He's the family doctor so he needs to check up on me from time to time..."

"Then why were you crying?"  Sunggyu asked, looking at her worriedly.

 

Sora looked up to his face and swallowed some saliva. "It's just that... Dr. Kim... he's my late father's friend... And he mentioned my father's name and I began crying without me knowing it."

Sunggyu said nothing at first but when he was about to say something, Sora had begun to walk away. He caught up with her and walked beside her.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?"

Sora faked a laugh. "What do you mean? I'm alright. I told you not to come with me to the hospital, didn't I? That Dr. Kim... he made me cry... He's a bad doctor, isn't he?" Sora laughed again.

 

Sunggyu was the least entertained, feeling something was wrong but inquiring about it at that time was not very suitable as Sora looked too weary to even walk.

"Should I not ask anything right now?" He asked, to which she nodded. "Do you want to go home now?"

She nodded again and they went out of the hospital and took a cab. Sunggyu sent her up to her house, patting her head when she said goodbye.

 

 

He stood at the steps for a moment before getting into the cab again. Arriving home, he saw Dongwoo was dressed up to go out.

"Where are you going?" He asked, looking at his bag.

"Ah, hyung. I'm going back home for a while."

"A while?"

"Just for a few days." He said, patting his bag. "I'll bring home some food, oh?"

"Ohh... Be careful."

 

He watched as Dongwoo went out of the house and he went into his room to find Woohyun missing. There were no one in the house and Sunggyu went out again and headed to their practice room. Just as he suspected, the kids were practicing and Sungyeol noticed him and waved at him. They went on dancing till the song ended and finally sat down with Sunggyu at the side.

 

"Not bad, not bad." He commented, nodding his head.

"What 'not bad'? We've been practicing like crazy each day." Hoya said, wiping his neck.

"It's not perfect without me." Sunggyu said, smiling giddily.

"Yeah, right." He commented and drank some water.

"Oh, Hoya, are you free tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? I think so, wae?"

"I need you to come with me."

"Where to?"

"Somewhere."

 

Everyone looked at Sunggyu strangely.

"What is it? Why are you not telling me?" Woohyun said, looking at him with solemn face. "Are you cheating on me?"

Sunggyu made a face to him. "I'll tell you later. Hoya, can you make it tomorrow?"

"Sure thing."

"And one more person... since Dongwoo has gone back home. Sungyeol, can you come as well?"

"Me?" Sungyeol's voice perked up.

"Yeah. We're going out tomorrow."

"What about me?" Woohyun asked again, holding Sunggyu's legs.

"Aish. I told you I'll tell you later. I'll need you for bigger missions."

"Oh!" Woohyun smiled brightly and stood up.

 

Sunggyu stood up as well. "Shall we practice a bit now?"

Everyone's face brightened up.

 

 

Sora sat near the front door after she took off her shoes, having no strength to move. She looked down the floor and felt her heart so heavy that she wanted to cry again but she held it in. Her phone vibrated and she took it out and saw a text from Sunggyu.

 

-Can we go out again tomorrow? Around evening?

 

She wanted to reply 'no' but suddenly saying no will surely raise suspicion in him, so she replied 'Okay. See you tomorrow'.

 

- Are you okay?

 

'No, I'm not' was what she wanted to say so badly but instead she sent out 'I'm okay! ^^ Sorry I was crying earlier. I looked horrible crying, didn't I?'

 

- No, you don't. It was cute as ever.

 

Her tears dropped on the phone and she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The front door was opened again and Sora quickly wiped her tears.

"Noona, what are you doing sitting there?" Kangjun's loud voice erupted from behind her.  "You're such a mess, aigoo. Can you at least put your shoes in order? I just cleaned up this morning."

 

Sora stood up abruptly and forgetting that her phone was on the floor, she accidently stepped on it and the screen was ruptured into thousand pieces. She looked down in horror and fell down her knees, and was just staring at the phone. Kangjun walked up to her and knelt down.

 

"Uh-oh."  He picked the phone up. "This isn't worth the repair, I'm telling you."

Sora started crying again, making Kangjun irked out. "You can just buy a new one..."

"Jun-ahhhh." She wailed. "What should I do?"

"Yah, yah, don't cry. I'll lend you my old phone for now."

She was sobbing badly. "What should I do?"

"Noona? Yah, what is wrong with you? You're scaring me."

 

Sora couldn't stop crying at all, even when Kangjun said he'd lend her his phone and he'd use the old one. She felt her chest was in pain again and it wasn't just the physical heart inflicting the pain but there were too many other pains that came that night.

 

She went to sleep in tears again that night, and when her mother came upstairs to check on her, she asked her whether she could take a leave the next day. Her mother said that she wasn't able to and asked what was wrong but she said she'll tell her later. Her mother was worried and wanted to ask her more but she drifted off to sleep then.

 

Kangjun didn't shout that morning but Sora woke up on her own, even without any alarm to wake her up. She took a shower and went down to the empty living room. Her mother had just left for work, it seemed. Kangjun was in the shower upstairs, she guessed. Sora sat at the kitchen table, having no appetite to eat and stared at the food on the table made by their mother.

 

Kangjun came downstairs soon after and without saying anything, he sat at the desk. He was about to eat when he sighed and tapped his spoon against the table.

"Noona."

"Jun-ah, are you going out?" She asked, without looking up.

"Today? Yeah."

"I see."

"What's wrong? Are you going somewhere?"

"Um."

"Where to?"

"The hospital."

"The hospital?"

"Um."

"Wae...?"

"There's something I need to do there."

Kangjun looked at his sister's solemn face. "Fine, I'll go with you."

"Thank you. You can have my breakfast." She stood up and left the table, went upstairs to get dressed properly and looked at her puffy eyes in the mirror.

 

"It's going to be alright."

 

Kangjun felt something was off but he went on driving to the hospital with Sora looking out of the window all the way to the hospital. He followed her to the front desk and heard her asking for Dr. Kim. The nurse asked them to wait so they waited until he showed up 20 minutes later. He bowed to him and Dr. Kim smiled at him.

 

"Sora, you're ready?"

"Ready? Ready for what?" Kangjun asked, looking from the doctor to his sister.

 

Sora held the edge of Kangjun's shirt. Kangjun looked down at her hand and felt his heart beating fast then. He had never seen Sora looked like that ever since their father passed away...

When she let his shirt go, he watched as Dr. Kim walked away with her. "Noona."

 

Sora walked with Dr. Kim beside her. "Dr. Kim, what about Kangjun? Is he at risk of having the condition too?"

"We did a test before and found that there was nothing wrong with his gene."

"What about my brothers?"

"Your first brother carries the gene but not the second one. But so far, only you are showing the symptoms."

"That's a relief..."  Sora smiled weakly to herself. "That's a relief."

 

She was referred to a cardiologist and after a simple checkup using stethoscope, she was asked to enter the lab where she had to remove her blouse and lie on the bed. The kind looking doctor came over and told her to relax but her fingers were going c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter