What do I tell him?

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi?" Sora muffled into his shirt. "Kim... Sunggyu-sshi?"

Sunggyu pulled away abruptly and that only made his ears redder that he looked away almost instantly. "Are you done here? Are we going home?"

"Oh. Let me just pack up my clothes for a minute."

"I'll wait in the living room."

"Hm!" Sora said as she watched Sunggyu dashing out of the room. She sighed and hurried to her cupboard and loaded all the varsity jackets and other clothes into a luggage. She then heaved it with all her might to the living room where Sunggyu was looking at her notebook again. She waited until he noticed her and stood up.

"You're done?" He looked at her luggage.

"Yeah. Let's go home."

"Are you going to drive home?"

"Yes. Wae yo?"

"You fainted just now. I'm worried..." Sunggyu said, taking the luggage from her.

"I fainted?"

"Don't you remember?"

"No."

"You don't even remember that?" Sunggyu asked, his eyes were widening and Sora was blinking when she looked into them.

"I remember waking up though..." She said, laughing nervously again.

Sunggyu sighed. "Anyways, I'm worried. Let's get Dongwoo or someone to drive the car home."

"I can do it! It's okay!"

"Andwae! You can't." Sunggyu said, looking genuinely worried. "And I want you to go to the doctor too, you understand me?"

"Why should I?"

"You fainted out of nowhere."

"I'm just a bit tired." Sora said.

"Just promise me you'll go to the doctor or do you want me to come with you?"

"I'll just go by myself!" Sora said quickly.

 

In the end, Sora had to call Kangjun to come to the rent house to drive the car home. He was making a sour face but he didn't say anything when Sunggyu told him about her fainting. Sora offered to drive Sunggyu home but he said he'd just take a cab.

"Thanks for accompanying me today, Kim Sunggyu-sshi." Sora bowed a little.

"Oh. Take care, Han Thora." He said, waving at her till their car disappeared at the corner.

 

Sunggyu finally realised he was still holding Sora's notebook that he clenched tightly so. He hailed a cab and went straight home. Woohyun was in the living room, watching the television and only glanced at him once when he heard Sunggyu coming in. Sunggyu dragged his feet towards him and sat down on the floor beside him. Woohyun still didn't say anything to him ever since he came back from the hospital.

Sunggyu placed the notebook at Woohyun's side, brushing his hand along and cleared his throat.

Woohyun turned to Sunggyu and looked at the notebook but made no attempt to touch it. He went back to the television and crossed his arms across his chest. Sunggyu who saw this felt a bit devastated and scratched his head.

"Woohyun-ah..." He began. "Nam Woohyun~"

 

Woohyun made a face when he looked at Sunggyu, between disgusted and amused but still didn't say anything.

"Woohyun-ah... Han Thora... She's the angel."

 

That caught his attention and he turned to Sunggyu for a full view. "What did you say?"

"She's the one who came to you that night, with me."

"She remembered?" Woohyun asked, sitting up straight and turned himself to Sunggyu.

"No... But I remembered."

"You remembered?"

"I do now." Sunggyu said, looking down on the notebook.

"But she doesn't? Wae yo?"

 

Sunggyu motioned his head to Sora's notebook and Woohyun looked down on it before taking it. He furrowed when he saw all the notes in it. "What is it? Whose book is this?"

"Read the pages towards the end." Sunggyu said, feeling weak.

Woohyun turned the pages quickly but slowed down when he saw those few words page after page.

"What do these words mean?" Woohyun asked, reading them again.

 

Sunggyu told him everything that he could, even to the point of why Sora can't remember anything. He told him he had to make her remember and when Woohyun asked him why, he looked at Woohyun for a while before looking at the notebook.

"She'll die."

 

"Hyung..."

"I'm not even joking. Woohyun-ah, what should I do? What if I can't make her remember? 41 days? It sounds like a long time but tomorrow will be 40 days and without knowing it, I've run out of time... And Han Thora..."

"What else should you do, hyung!? Of course! You have to make her remember! I told you before right? That she was the angel! And she saved you. Now it's time for you to save her!" Woohyun said, almost like a scold.

"Do you think I'll be able to do it?" Sunggyu asked, smiling weakly.

"Of course! I'll help you too, hyung! We must save angel at all cost!" He said, with such determination that made Sunggyu laughed a bit but tears were welling up in his eyes as well.

"Aigoo, hyung! Now is not the time to cry!"

"Why is Sunggyu-hyung crying?" Sungjong's voice rang in the living room and he hurried over to them and glared at Woohyun before looking at Sunggyu who wiped his eyes before Sungjong saw them.

"I wasn't crying!" Sunggyu said, laughing.

"Woohyun-hyung!" Sungjong shouted, taking the notebook and hit him with it.

"Yah Lee Sungjong! What are you doing?!" Woohyun shouted back, clearly taken aback but he was almost laughing.

"I told you not to disturb Sunggyu-hyung!" He nagged again and tried to hit him with the notebook again but Sunggyu caught his hand and left him startled. "Gyu-hyung."

Sunggyu took the book slowly and held it tight. "It's not Woohyun's fault."

"Is there anything wrong? Anywhere that hurts?" Sungjong asked, looking at him all over.

"I'm okay." He said, laughing a bit. "How could I let our maknae worries about me instead?"

 

"Hyung..." Sungjong plopped onto the floor and looked at Sunggyu sulkily. "At times it's okay to make me worry. I think I'm more dependable than anyone else in this house."

"You are." Woohyun said, smirking. "You're good at nagging now. I can't stand it! Aigoo!" Woohyun said, covering his ears and stood up and went into the room.

 

Sunggyu couldn't help but laughed and Sungjong was pouting again.

 

That night, while trying to sleep, Sunggyu was looking at the book again, flipping the pages one by one. He saw Sora's drawings of infinity symbols everywhere and his name too were written at places. She also drew his face, judged by the thin line for his eyes. He sighed and wanted to laugh but when he reached the pages where the words appeared, his smile disappeared.

 

"Hyung, don't read in the dark." Woohyun's voice came from the top bunk.

He laughed a bit. "Okay, okay. I'm putting it away."

"Hyung."

"What is it?"

"How was that three months you were wondering around?"

Sunggyu closed his eyes. "I thought I was dead... because no one else could see me but her. But when I saw that my body was still there, I was so glad I felt like I could die."

"You saw your body?"

"I saw you guys were there too. You looked horrible at that time." Sunggyu chuckled.

"Couldn't be worse than you." He said, laughing.

"Yeah... but when I saw you guys again, I tried to touch you but... My hands went through you. It was the most horrible feeling ever."

"You can touch me now, can't you?" Woohyun said, dropping his hand to the lower bunk and waved playfully at Sunggyu. Sunggyu slapped his hand away and laughed and heard as Woohyun laughed even louder.

"I thought of going back to my body but I couldn't go in. So I went back with her."

"Han Sora?"

"Um."

"Han Sora. What kind of person is she?"

"Han Thora?" Sunggyu smiled to himself. "She's strong, sometimes... too strong and she is not the type to cry easily. She never says want she wants but hinted on them but she would be so obvious. She's forgetful too, and the people around her are weird. She could be quite clumsy too, she almost drowned once and she gets tired easily."

"Like you? Aigoo. You'll be grandparents couple!"

"She's not a grandmother!"

"I know, I know. What else then?"

" She can't stand cockroaches at all. She can cook a bit and she was always wearing those stupid varsity jackets."

"Stupid varsity jackets?"

"Yeah, she had a crush on her senior."

"Whoa!" Woohyun exclaimed. "Did you by any chance, steal her away?"

"Kind of." Sunggyu said, almost giggling. "She left him."

"Hoho, hyung. Way to go."

"But it was maybe a mistake. If she had stayed with him, then maybe... she wouldn't be following me to that alley and got assaulted."

 

They both went quiet for a while. "But hyung, if she didn't get stabbed, do you think you won't wake up either? I mean... as soon as she went into coma, you woke up..."

"I guess so. She really traded it for me. Her life was given to me. That's why... it was only right for her to... die... but! It wasn't right. That was why in that dream I took her box with me. She gave her life to me so..."

"She's yours."

"That's what I thought but... Now... I'm so afraid... If she dies, Woohyun, I wouldn't know what to do."

"Don't let her die then!" Woohyun peeked at the bunk below and looked at Sunggyu with a serious face. "It's not like there's no way to keep her alive. She'll be okay, hyung."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun who smiled before lying down again. "True. I'm going to do whatever it takes to make her remember."

 

Just then a text came and it was from Sora. His heart was swelling again as he read the text.

I went to the doctor. He said it was only fatigue since I just wake up from coma and all. Sorry I disturbed you. Good night~ ^^

 

Sunggyu immediately called her and she picked up after the second ring. "Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

"Were you going to sleep?"

"Hmm. I'm just lying around on my bed. Kim Sunggyu-sshi? Is it okay to text you like that? Do you mind it...?"

"What do you mean, Han Thora? I gave you my number so that you could call and text me anytime you want."

"Hoho." Woohyun was laughing on the top bunk, shaking the bed.

"Shut up, Woohyun!"

"Is Nam Woohyun-sshi there? Did I wake you up? I'm very sorry."

"No, no. I wasn't sleeping. I was talking to Woohyun."

"Oh... I see. Are you going to sleep now?"

"Are you?"

"Soon... but not now."

"Han Thora."

"Um?"

"Do you remember that lullaby I sang you?"

"Lullaby?"

"It's MY lullaby!" Woohyun shouted, laughing.

Sunggyu kicked the bunk above him. "Aish."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. The lullaby; do you remember?"

"No... I'm sorry."

"Do you want me to sing it to you?"

"Eh? Ohh... is it okay? It's Nam Woohyun-sshi's lullaby, is it not?"

"It worked for you too." Sunggyu said, smiling. "For some reasons, Han Thora could sleep during the day easily but at night she was always tossing around in her bed. I couldn't sleep well because of you so I was always sing-"

"What?! Hyung, you slept with her?" Woohyun shouted, his head was hanging by the bed side, looking at Sunggyu with his dumbstruck face.

"Ani!!! Yah Nam Woohyun!" Sunggyu sat up and felt his heart was jumped into his mouth. "Han Thora?"

Sora said nothing at the other end.

"Hello? Han Thora?"

"He... Hello?"

"I didn't mean it like that! I slept on the floor next your bed, on a futon!" Sunggyu said, glaring at Woohyun whose mouth was still agape but his eyes were excited.

"Is... Is that so... Haha." She laughed nervously again. "I see... Um, I think I'm going to sleep now. Um, good night."

"Oh? Oh... Good night."

"Good night, Han Sora!" Woohyun shouted near Sunggyu's face before Sora ended the call.

 

"Yah Nam Woohyun!!!" Sunggyu shouted to his face. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Didn't know you were that serious with her. Hyung, you did well." Woohyun giggled.

"Shut up. I'm going to sleep!"

"Hyung. Sing me to sleep."

"Sing it yourself."

"Hyung~ Sunggyu hyung~"He was making his aegyo voice again.

"I don't want to."

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi~" H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter