41 Days

This Life is Yours!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, Han Thora!"

 

Sunggyu got down on his knees and went up to Sora, holding her torso and violently shaking her. She didn't respond to it, even when Sunggyu kept on calling out for him. She was completely unconscious, as if lifeless...

"Han Thora? Wake up! Yah! Han Tho...?!"

 

Sunggyu felt himself even sicker but tried to endure it, and kept on calling Han Sora's name. He loosened his grip on her shoulders, feeling his head spinning. He gave in, and lay down beside her, pulling her towards him before he himself blanked out.

 

He opened his eyes and found himself in the stretched white space.

 

Again.

 

He immediately remembered what he did there. When he found the box with Han Sora's name on it, and how he took it with him. He thought everything would be resolved by then but he guessed he was wrong. There was something that was left to be done.

 

"What else do you want from us?" Sunggyu shouted out.

 

There wasn't any reply before he repeated his question over and over again.

 

"I told you before. A life for a life."

 

Sunggyu felt his heart becoming heavy just hearing it. "I didn't ask for it."

 

"She made the deal though. If it wasn't for her, you might not even be here."

 

"I don't want her to die." Sunggyu said, almost tearing up. "There's no way I'm letting her die because of me. Han Thora... she... saved me."

 

"Indeed. And now, do you think you can save her?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She can't remember anything, right? That was the price for you interfering with the deal. "

 

"I didn't remember anything either. But now... I remember all... Han Thora."

 

"You do. Let me make a deal with you."

 

Sunggyu's heart stopped a beat. "What deal?"

 

"In 41 days."

 

"41 days?"

 

"In 41 days, you have to make her remember you and all the things that happened between the two of you."

 

"Everything?"

 

"Everything."

 

"If she remembers what will happen?"

 

"If she remembers... then that'll be it."

 

"What... what if she can't remember?"

 

It took a while for the voice to answer. "She'll die."

 

"Die...?" Sunggyu's eyes became teary. "No... She can't die. Not like this."

 

"What do you want to do now?"

 

Sunggyu casted his gaze downwards, his hands were turning cold and turning white. He knew, such deal was not as simple as it sounds like. He wasn't even sure if the deal would work, but, seeing how Sora kept him alive...

 

"I'll make it. Let's make the deal."

 

The voice laughed.  "Deal."

 

"Wait."

 

"What?"

 

 

"Is this some kind of a game to you?" Sunggyu asked, bitter feeling was welling up in his chest.

 

 

 

"Game?" The voice chuckled again, somehow bitterly. "You were the one to turn it into a game. She was supposed to die but you took away that box with you. And what do I get for granting her wish to keep you alive? Nothing. So let me play this little game with you. It must be enjoyable to see you struggling each day to try to make her remember. This is the price that I'm asking. Learn to be grateful."

 

 

 

"Does... does everything has to have a price?" Sunggyu asked, clenching his fists. "She definitely did it without even thinking what the consequences were and even when she knew the price, she didn't say anything. She was more willing to die... for me. Han Thora you pabo... Why did you do it...? Just why...?"

 

"Humans are that weird." The voice said, rather dreamily.

 

 

 

Sunggyu said nothing as he felt himself waking up and then found himself back in Sora's room. He immediately checked on Sora's breathing and was more than relief to find her breathing. He wanted to wake her up but before he did that, he pulled Sora to his chest, holding her tight.

 

"I'll make you remember, Han Thora. I won't ever let you die for me."

 

 

Sora opened her eyes slowly, just to find something was blocking her sight. She blinked rapidly and realised she was looking at someone's collarbone. Her eyes widened before she pushed him away and sat up, looking at Sunggyu who looked as taken aback as her as he sat up.

 

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi what are you doing?" She looked at him, feeling somehow lost.

"Han Thora." He called her weakly. "It's me Kim Sunggyu."

"What?" She eyed him strangely. "Of course you're Kim Sunggyu-sshi."

"I know but... Thiora, do you remember anything?"

"Remember anything?"

"Anything, just anything. Do you remember the night you got stabbed?"

She looked down her lap then, her hand moved onto her stomach unconsciously. "I don't remember a thing..."

"Even things that happened before it happened?"

"Things that happened before it happened?"

"Yes. Like, who was the person you met last."

Sora looked at Sunggyu's eyes. "I only remember meeting Sunbae-nim the night before."

 

That was enough to wreck his heart as he shut his eyes and put his palm over his eyes and ruffled his hair. "You don't remember a thing, don't you?"

"What are you talking about, Kim Sunggyu-sshi? Remember what?"

"Han Thora, listen carefully." He sounded grave and serious, scaring Sora a bit.

"Ye...Yes?"

 

 

"Three months ago, when we got into that accident and I went into coma, I woke up with just my soul. I woke up on this very room, next to you, Han Thora."

Sora looked at him, bleakly so and didn't know what to say or even think.

"You were the only one who could see me. You could even touch me and... I could touch you too." He said, his ears getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter